Old January 15th 08, 10:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default April 1977 QST article

i3hev, mario held wrote:

Hi Michael,

msg wrote: ....

er, apparently, this one went to the wrong place...
it was intended to be an answer to "msg"... :/

--
73 es 51 de i3hev, op. mario

Non è Radioamatore, se non gli fuma il saldatore!
- Campagna 2006 "Il Radioamatore non è uno che ascolta la radio"

it.hobby.radioamatori.moderato
http://digilander.libero.it/hamweb
http://digilander.libero.it/esperantovenezia
Old January 15th 08, 10:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"Pete KE9OA" wrote in message
Hi,

Does anybody have a copy of the April 1977 QST? The article I am
interested in the the one by Howard Sartori, entitled
"solid tubes, a new life for old designs".
If somebody could scan this article, I would be glad to pay them. Thanks!

Pete KE9OA

If anyone could send this article (or these jpegs) to my Hotmail address it
would be greatly appreciated. I too would like to update an old but beloved
boat-anchor.

Dave

Old January 16th 08, 01:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Pete KE9OA wrote:
Hi,

Does anybody have a copy of the April 1977 QST? The article I am interested
in the the one by Howard Sartori, entitled
"solid tubes, a new life for old designs".
If somebody could scan this article, I would be glad to pay them. Thanks!

Pete KE9OA

Well, I too would be interested in viewing this article--if there is
anyone so kind:

Regards,
JS
Old January 16th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Jim Jim is offline

Dual Gate MosFets are convenient for a tube replacement....

As I recall, I rectified the old filament voltage, regulated it, and made
that the new "plate" voltage. Other than that, JFETs and, when necessary,
Dual Gate MosFETs did most of the work.

Well, had to mess with the "grid" bias resistors too.

OK, so I used an audio Amp IC for the last part of the audio chain.
Still, all in all, the conversions I did were surprisingly easy.

Jim

--

22:34 Pacific Time Zone
Jan 15 2008

International Time
06:34 UTC
16.01.2008

Old January 17th 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Jan 15, 4:57*pm, "i3hev, mario held" wrote:
Hi Michael,

msg wrote:
I wouldn't mind seeing that article too...

if your address (minus underscores) is a valid one, you have mail

in the '80s I built some common type replacements using jfets and
bipolars and installed them in an HP scope.....

I think that we all may want to learn the knack: in a near future this
will probably be the only way to refurbish tube equipment...

I see huge lots of mil-surplus 6AU6's, 6CL6's, 6BA6's, 6AK5's etc.
moving through the surplus channels all the time, still.

Someday we'll run out but I suspect that transistors will be obsolete
before we use all those tubes up!

Tim.

Old January 17th 08, 07:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

Pete KE9OA wrote:

Hi,

Does anybody have a copy of the April 1977 QST? The article I am interested
in the the one by Howard Sartori, entitled
"solid tubes, a new life for old designs".
If somebody could scan this article, I would be glad to pay them. Thanks!

Pete KE9OA

I made a pdf from i3hev's scans and will gladly email it to anyone who asks.

Regards,

Michael
Old January 17th 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

msg wrote:

Pete KE9OA wrote:

Hi,

Does anybody have a copy of the April 1977 QST? The article I am
interested in the the one by Howard Sartori, entitled
"solid tubes, a new life for old designs".
If somebody could scan this article, I would be glad to pay them. Thanks!

Pete KE9OA

I made a pdf from i3hev's scans and will gladly email it to anyone who
asks.

I tried emailing to mario, i3hev, but it bounced (user unknown) using the
'From' and 'Return-path' addresses from his email to me. Anyway, thanks
mario for the scans.

Michael
Old January 17th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

msg wrote:

I tried emailing to mario, i3hev, but it bounced... Anyway, thanks...

you're welcome

I'm a bit worried about the bounces, I only use valid addresses - oh,
well, mysteries of the network... :-o

Ciao!

Old January 17th 08, 10:45 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

msg wrote:
I made a pdf from i3hev's scans and will gladly email it to anyone who asks.

I'd love a copy. My e-mail address is good.

Old January 18th 08, 05:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

"msg" wrote in message
Pete KE9OA wrote:

Hi,

Does anybody have a copy of the April 1977 QST? The article I am
interested in the the one by Howard Sartori, entitled
"solid tubes, a new life for old designs".
If somebody could scan this article, I would be glad to pay them. Thanks!

Pete KE9OA

I made a pdf from i3hev's scans and will gladly email it to anyone who
asks.

Regards,

Michael

I would *love* a copy. My Hotmail address should work, but if it bounces
for any reason, try
d b e a n e (at) p d q (dot) n e t

That one *will* work.

Many thanks,