Old April 11th 08, 02:46 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default Availability of headset mic with RJ45 plug and 3.5mm plug for aKenwood?

For easier ssb contesting, I want to be able to use a headset mic. My
headset mic has 2 mini stereo plugs one for a mic input and the other
for speaker output. My rig has a RJ45 jack on the front panel for a
mic input and a 3.5mm jack for audio outpput.
Is there a commercially available adapter cable that will allow me to
use my headset mic? --An adapter cable that can permit a 3.5mm to RJ45
mic input. Or is there a headset mic that has a RJ45 plug and a 35mm
plug?

Thanks.

KB2AMY
Old April 11th 08, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

fazamy wrote:
For easier ssb contesting, I want to be able to use a headset mic. My
headset mic has 2 mini stereo plugs one for a mic input and the other
for speaker output. My rig has a RJ45 jack on the front panel for a
mic input and a 3.5mm jack for audio outpput.
Is there a commercially available adapter cable that will allow me to
use my headset mic? --An adapter cable that can permit a 3.5mm to RJ45
mic input. Or is there a headset mic that has a RJ45 plug and a 35mm
plug?

RJ45 plug (8 fingers)is the same as the one used for ethernet
connections. So get a short ethernet cable with 2 fitted RJ45
connectors ,cut-off 1 RJ45 connector + a piece of cable ,leaving a short
piece of cable and a RJ45 connector.
and fit on 2 of the 8 wires a mini stereo socket.
Your transceiver manual/circuit diagramme should show which 2 of the 8
wires are to be connected to the microphone . You should also be able to
find the 2 wires for PTT.

Just today I was shown a Yaesu transceiver with a microphone having a
RJ45 connector for the microphone ,PTT and freq up & down push buttons.
An ethernet cable plug fitted nicely in the transceiver's socket.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH
Old April 15th 08, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

The adapters are per radio, and radios like Icoms with RJ45's have RJ45's on
the adapters. However, if I recall, OP had two mini plugs. Seems like the
Heil adapters have a mini and a 1/4"

"Rick Frazier" wrote in message
Highland Ham wrote:

Plug in Rich Swap 0 January 2nd 07 09:40 PM
FS: CUSHMAN PLUG-INS Ted Swap 0 October 16th 04 08:28 PM
WTB: TS-520S REMOTE Plug Not ext. VFO Plug [email protected] Boatanchors 3 July 15th 04 03:10 AM
WTB: TS-520S REMOTE Plug Not ext. VFO Plug [email protected] Swap 0 July 13th 04 08:10 PM
Mic plug raymond dalton General 2 May 24th 04 08:02 PM