Old April 23rd 08, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default UAA2001 PLL SYNTHESIZER

On Apr 21, 5:27*pm, markus wolfgart wrote:
Hi OMs/OPs and NG readers,

I'm looking for a pinout and/or data sheet of a old Motorola ic named

UAA2001

should be a pll synthesizer for TV tuners.

I always thought that was a Toshiba part.

80's era TV and VCR tuners are most interesting, IMHO, used as the tin-
can modules. If the TV is still functional you can usually figure out
the header connector functions with a voltmeter or even a logic probe
- no need to dink around with pinouts.

Do modern TV's still have the tin-can tuner modules, or is it more
highly integrated these days? Of course a modern TV isn't an analog TV
anymore either...geeze, it's been at least a decade since I tore into
broken TV's and VCR's for parts, I gotta start doing it again! If
we're lucky there will be a huge flood of older analog TV's for
scavenging soon.

Tim.
Old April 23rd 08, 01:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hi Michael,
hi Clint,

honestly speaking, I'm not quite sure if this part is really from
Motorola, but it is mentioned in a "consumer and automotive application
note" from Motorola and many other well known mot. ic's are listed in
this note like the famous MC1350 if amp.

Markus
DL8MBY

msg schrieb:
Clint Sharp wrote:

snip
I'm looking for a pinout and/or data sheet of a old Motorola ic named

UAA2001

Is that really a Moto device? Sounds more like a TFK (telefunken) or
Philips device to me. Of course I could be wrong..

Check the first URL that I posted in reply to the O.P.; you will see
that this device is included in a 1986 Motorola Euro Master Selection
Guide.

Michael

Old April 23rd 08, 02:07 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Hi Tim,

I have no possibility to find out the pinout from a tuner as I have just
a hand full of this mysterious ic's without a documentation on them.

So at least I will have to blow some of them to find out the pin out
with a bit of luck if it is not a I2C device.

Markus
BL8MBY

Old April 23rd 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Apr 23, 9:07*am, markus wolfgart wrote:
Hi Tim,

I have no possibility to find out the pinout from a tuner as I have just
a hand full of this mysterious ic's without a documentation on them.

So at least I will have to blow some of them to find out the pin out
with a bit of luck if it is not a I2C device.

Oh, no, predates microcontrollers in TV's for the most part (not by a
lot but at least a little). It probably worked with another chip that
did LED display of channel number and handled pushbuttons for up/down.

The next generation did on-screen display of channel number, that's
where I2C started showing up in at least some tuner/TV's.

Tim.
Old April 23rd 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
msg msg is offline

Tim Shoppa wrote:

On Apr 23, 9:07 am, markus wolfgart wrote:

Hi Tim,

I have no possibility to find out the pinout from a tuner as I have just
a hand full of this mysterious ic's without a documentation on them.

So at least I will have to blow some of them to find out the pin out
with a bit of luck if it is not a I2C device.

Oh, no, predates microcontrollers in TV's for the most part (not by a
lot but at least a little). It probably worked with another chip that
did LED display of channel number and handled pushbuttons for up/down.

Yes, Tim; my second reply to the O.P. referred to the UAA2022, which is
the LED display driver and controller you suspected

Michael