Old September 14th 08, 11:52 PM
Junior Member

Default Pro-46 scanner mods

I have recently bought a pro-46 scanner on ebay with the hope of doing some modifications to it. One of the modifications i wanted to do was to restore the cellular frequency to it. I did tons of searching and found a few sites that had instructions on how to do it but they were in text and were kind of vague. I got as far as figuring out which resistors to remove but the problem is i dont know where to solder it back onto. I tried a few different locations that i thought were correct but had no sucess. I dont want to just keep trying different places in fear of ruining the scanner. If anyone has any knowledge of this topic and could help i would greatly appreciate it. I can also provide pictures of the board showing what i have taken off and am hoping that maybe someone could take the picture and actually show me exactly where the resistor needs to go. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Old September 15th 08, 04:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

bprid wrote:

I have recently bought a pro-46 scanner on ebay with the hope of doing
some modifications to it. One of the modifications i wanted to do was
to restore the cellular frequency to it.

Hasn't most analog cellular service has been shut down by now? If so your
scanner will receive mostly digital hash on the cellular frequencies. Might
be wasting your time.
Old September 15th 08, 09:49 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Sun, 14 Sep 2008 20:02:57 -0700, AJ Lake wrote:

bprid wrote:

I have recently bought a pro-46 scanner on ebay with the hope of doing
some modifications to it. One of the modifications i wanted to do was
to restore the cellular frequency to it.

Hasn't most analog cellular service has been shut down by now? If so your
scanner will receive mostly digital hash on the cellular frequencies. Might
be wasting your time.

Not everywhere.

There are still analog sites in remote/rugged terrains where digital is
useless... like northern Alberta.

Cheers!

Old September 17th 08, 01:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

--
bprid

Give me an email address that works

Jimmie

RadioShack Pro-84 Scanner Help - Many Scanner Radio Problems Can Be"Fixed" With A Better Scanner Antenna RHF Shortwave 6 January 6th 08 10:23 PM
Mods.DK [email protected] Shortwave 0 June 5th 06 04:05 PM
DSP, DRM and other Mods for the DX-394 Tom Holden Digital 0 October 1st 05 03:07 AM
looking 4 scanner w/ Mods bluecool Scanner 0 March 3rd 05 06:30 AM
Pro-38 Scanner Mods Steve Scanner 8 July 11th 04 09:31 AM