Old August 7th 03, 08:57 PM
RP Henry

"Tom Sevart" wrote in message

"WB3FUP (Mike Hall)" wrote in message
10KV to fire magnetron in counter battery radar. Took six marines to

stop
me from burying my screw driver in the chest of the asshole that thought

it
would be cute to push the radiate button.

I remember hearing the story of an Air Force tech working on a 30' radar
dish. For some dumb reason, someone energized it and promptly microwaved
him to death.

Some of these stories are hair rasing... and I'm too much of a weenie to
stick my tongue on a 9V battery...

A Raytheon corporate legend is that one of the engineers discovered the
microwave oven principle when a radar melted a chocolate bar in his shirt
pocket.

Old August 7th 03, 09:29 PM
Boris Mohar

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 08:05:50 -0700, "RP Henry" richard.p.henry@saic dot
com wrote:

"Michael Black" wrote in message
Winfield Hill ) writes:
Paul Burridge wrote...

The question seems daft, but bear with me, gentlemen. Has anyone
ever had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have survived?

I've had a few fatal shocks.

Thanks,
- Win

You sound in especially good shape for someone who's suffered multiple
fatal shocks.

That explains the hair.

He is a cat.

--

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see:
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs http://www3.sympatico.ca/borism/
Aurora, Ontario

Old August 7th 03, 09:37 PM
Mike W

Ouch, that bit...
--
On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 11:29:46 +0100, Paul Burridge
wrote:

The question seems daft, but bear with me, gentlemen. Has anyone ever
had an electric shock that they feel lucky to have survived?

p.
--

"I believe history will be kind to me, since I intend
to write it." - Winston Churchill

Old August 7th 03, 10:02 PM
Gary S.

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 13:47:09 -0500, "Tom Sevart"
wrote:

"WB3FUP (Mike Hall)" wrote in message
10KV to fire magnetron in counter battery radar. Took six marines to stop
me from burying my screw driver in the chest of the asshole that thought

it
would be cute to push the radiate button.

I remember hearing the story of an Air Force tech working on a 30' radar
dish. For some dumb reason, someone energized it and promptly microwaved
him to death.

Some of these stories are hair rasing... and I'm too much of a weenie to
stick my tongue on a 9V battery...

Go with that instinct.

Always better to be the one telling the story, than the one IN the
story.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA

Old August 7th 03, 10:57 PM
Paul Burridge

On Thu, 7 Aug 2003 15:51:20 -0400, "Pat Ford" wrote:

"A E" wrote in message
Paul Burridge wrote:

On Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:33:24 GMT, "Harris"
wrote:

Several people have and of course they are all dead.

Well I don't believe the answer's that simple. I'll explain in due

Yes it is. 'Fatal' doesn't have any slack in its definition. You could

modify it
by adding 'near' as a prefix.

course, but would like to give a few others a chance to guess what I'm
driving at (this isn't some sort of joke BTW).
--

"I believe history will be kind to me, since I intend
to write it." - Winston Churchill

but you can be clinicaly death and restarted can't you? so does fatal imply
permenent death or can it be temporary?

You guys are thinking in two dimensions; you need to think in three.
You're seeing things in black and white and you need to look for
colour. Raise your game!

Old August 7th 03, 11:03 PM
Tom Coates

A former member of the Air Force told me about a safety training video
narrated by a transmitter tech who did not observe *all* the procedures. He
survived to make the video, but as a double amputee.

I was told that this training video was part of the curriculum for so many
years that the principal character became somewhat of a celebrity. Perhaps
someone with more direct knowledge can add or correct the details.

Tom, N3IJ