Old February 13th 15, 06:32 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default 15" stainless steel cube?

Having scavenged anything that might be useful from the
old dishwasher, there must be a use for its washing compartment,
a 15" cube stainless stell box, but I'm struggling to think of one!

Old February 14th 15, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Fri, 13 Feb 2015 18:32:59 +0000, gareth wrote:

Having scavenged anything that might be useful from the old dishwasher,
there must be a use for its washing compartment,
a 15" cube stainless stell box, but I'm struggling to think of one!

How about a distinctive capacitive hat for an antenna?

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with dadoheadman.
Then replace nospam with fastmail. Lastly, replace com with us.
Old February 15th 15, 12:12 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

How about a folded cavity for a VHF amplifier or filter?

kg7fu

Old February 15th 15, 12:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Well, I did consider it as the case for my on-going retro radio
project (that has been on-going for so long that one particular
unkind soul who does no homebrewing for himself sneers
at it as being, "vapourware".)

Old February 16th 15, 08:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 13/02/2015 18:32, gareth wrote:
Having scavenged anything that might be useful from the
old dishwasher, there must be a use for its washing compartment,
a 15" cube stainless stell box, but I'm struggling to think of one!

Cut open and folded flat it is useful to put away for when you need to
make a shiny box.

Andy