Old October 16th 03, 11:29 PM

anyone have a formula to mix a good contact cleaner..tnx Harold W4PQW

As Bob indicated, get Deoxit. You can order it from
the manufacturer (Caig). Their online store can be found at:
http://www.caig.com/

Or Radio Shack has it under 910-3879 (special order). $7.95

Speaking of contact cleaner, anyone remember that Radio Shack
had two contact cleaners, one generic and another for color TV?

Don K6LTS
Old October 17th 03, 12:12 AM
Roy Lewallen

Hey, it worked for Nike, why not Radio Shack? I imagine they have
digital contact cleaner -- or maybe "digital ready" contact cleaner,
too. Sorry, gotta go now. I'll be going into the next room, so I have to
change out of my hardwood walking shoes into my rug walking shoes. If I
can find 'em. . . let's see, . . . jogging shoes, running shoes,
bicycling shoes, napping shoes, eating shoes. . .

Roy Lewallen, W7EL

Old October 17th 03, 12:21 AM
Dave Platt

Speaking of contact cleaner, anyone remember that Radio Shack
had two contact cleaners, one generic and another for color TV?

I have a vague recollection that one type of "tuner cleaner" actually
included a small amount of a lightly-abrasive material, intended to
clean oxidation and cigarette tar and etc. off of the contacts in
old-style black-and-white television tuners. Some "tuner cleaner"
products also include a lightweight oil to act as a residual
lubricant. Then, there are the (preferred, IMHO) "zero-residue"
contact cleaners.

Hey, it worked for Nike, why not Radio Shack? I imagine they have
digital contact cleaner -- or maybe "digital ready" contact cleaner,
too.

That's probably part of it, too ;-)

http://www.ucomics.com/foxtrot/2003/10/15/

--
Dave Platt AE6EO

Old October 17th 03, 02:41 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Dave Platt wrote:

I have a vague recollection that one type of "tuner cleaner" actually
included a small amount of a lightly-abrasive material, intended to
clean oxidation and cigarette tar and etc. off of the contacts in
old-style black-and-white television tuners. Some "tuner cleaner"
products also include a lightweight oil to act as a residual
lubricant. Then, there are the (preferred, IMHO) "zero-residue"
contact cleaners.

Dave Platt

There was a foam pad with a gelled cleaner you put in the cover of
drum type TV tuners to wipe the contacts as they passed under the pad.
The were good on old, almost worn out tuners. The pad would last about
two years before it crumbled, and you had to service the tuner again.
--

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Old October 17th 03, 02:41 AM
Michael A. Terrell

Dave Platt wrote:

I have a vague recollection that one type of "tuner cleaner" actually
included a small amount of a lightly-abrasive material, intended to
clean oxidation and cigarette tar and etc. off of the contacts in
old-style black-and-white television tuners. Some "tuner cleaner"
products also include a lightweight oil to act as a residual
lubricant. Then, there are the (preferred, IMHO) "zero-residue"
contact cleaners.

Dave Platt

There was a foam pad with a gelled cleaner you put in the cover of
drum type TV tuners to wipe the contacts as they passed under the pad.
The were good on old, almost worn out tuners. The pad would last about
two years before it crumbled, and you had to service the tuner again.
--

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Good copper cleaner? Bob Miller Antenna 21 December 30th 04 07:11 PM
Getting the contact! John Dx 0 March 24th 04 11:42 PM
Attention hammies, I contact UFOs on freeband Twistedhed Antenna 1 November 4th 03 06:13 AM
First South America Contact [email protected] Dx 24 September 9th 03 02:47 PM
First South America Contact [email protected] Dx 0 September 6th 03 03:56 AM