Old January 31st 04, 05:50 PM
Bob

Default Parts or broken rigs wanted

I love fixing stuff. Am seeking radios or other gear to repair or to help
repair other radios.

Let me know what you have, what's wrong with it, and how much you'd like to
get for it.

This is not a profit making venture; it's just a facet of the hobby that I
enjoy.

73, Bob K6DDX

Old January 31st 04, 07:04 PM
Bob

I am in the Los Angeles area.

73, Bob

Old January 31st 04, 07:53 PM
James Sweet

"Bob" wrote in message
I am in the Los Angeles area.

73, Bob

Dang, I have a couple monitors you can have if you're ever near Seattle.

Old January 31st 04, 11:31 PM
Sofie

Bob,
Take a trip to some of your local repair shops......
I know that at my shop that about once a month or two that I am filling up a
pick up truck full of old and newer VCRs, DVDs, televisions, stereo
equipment, CD players, CB radios, etc.and taking it all to the dump......
otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk around inside the shop.
I am in the Seattle area so it would not be worth the shipping costs.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

Old February 1st 04, 12:35 AM
James Sweet

"Sofie" wrote in message
Bob,
Take a trip to some of your local repair shops......
I know that at my shop that about once a month or two that I am filling up

pick up truck full of old and newer VCRs, DVDs, televisions, stereo
equipment, CD players, CB radios, etc.and taking it all to the dump......
otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk around inside the shop.
I am in the Seattle area so it would not be worth the shipping costs.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie
Electronics Supply & Repair
---------------------------

You're in Seattle too? I might be willing to take a load of some fixable
stuff at some point, however I have the same problem at home. Hate to throw
anything away, but don't have space/time to fix everything.

Old February 1st 04, 08:34 AM
eddumweer

"James Sweet" schreef in bericht

"Sofie" wrote in message
[...]

And to leave it to repair it with another set, mostly it's always the same
piece which is stuck.
So also here in The Netherlands, put it in the car and bring it to a guy who
always says, the people throw the money on the street, see what beatuful
expensive part are inside, I can use it later, even his house can't collapse
due to his "stock" hihihi.

Greetings Peter

Old February 1st 04, 05:05 PM
J. Yazel

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:31:17 -0800, "Sofie" wrote:

Bob,
Take a trip to some of your local repair shops......
I know that at my shop that about once a month or two that I am filling up a
pick up truck full of old and newer VCRs, DVDs, televisions, stereo
equipment, CD players, CB radios, etc.and taking it all to the dump......
otherwise I wouldn't be able to walk around inside the shop.
I am in the Seattle area so it would not be worth the shipping costs.

=====================

One more responder from Seattle and I might consider moving there.

Jack

Old February 2nd 04, 09:12 AM
Sofie

J. Yazel:
This is not a phenomena unique to Seattle...... all repair shops everywhere
have to deal with disposing of un-repaired and unclaimed electronics
equipment. Most shops can only keep a limited amount of "bone yard"
equipment to cannibalize...
..... and furthermore, it takes too much expensive labor time to search
through old equipment for used and questionable quality parts when a brand
new, unstressed part may be in stock or readily available..... Where ever
you are, check with your local repair shops, the smaller independents may be
easier to deal with.... most will gladly "donate" the scraps to you so they
won't have to spend money to haul them to the dump.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

Old February 2nd 04, 06:35 PM
Bob

I'm not looking for basket case units that are only for salvaging generic
parts. I want units that have a chance of being made operational but repair
shops want too much to fix them.

I'm not looking for computer monitors; my interest is in transceivers and
other ham gear.

73, Bob K6DDX

w.t.b old broken and new hf radios wanted any make or model Silvio Boatanchors 0 November 24th 04 02:05 PM
w.t.b old broken and new hf radios wanted any make or model Silvio Boatanchors 0 November 24th 04 02:05 PM
WANTED: MICOR 2 METER VHF REPEATER AND/OR PARTS Murray Green Equipment 2 December 19th 03 11:57 PM
Broken rigs wanted Bob Homebrew 4 August 27th 03 11:41 PM
Broken rigs wanted Bob Homebrew 0 August 27th 03 06:20 PM