Old April 26th 04, 09:12 PM
G.Beat

"Lou" wrote in message
I've been looking for a 4 pin voltage regulator. I have a particular
number
in mind (uA78HG), but so far as I know, they're not in production anymore.
I've looked in a couple places on line for a 4 pin job, with no luck.
Since
the one I "need" seems to be gone for good, right now I'm willing to use
any
12 vdc - 15 vdc 1 Amp or more voltage regulator to get my power supply
going
to any extent - rather than leaving it collect dust or tearing it apart.

Failing finding a VR of my needs, I guess I'll have to redesign this thing
to work some other way. I thought a last minute search may produce
something
to make life easier. Any ideas? With all the crap I have here, I could
build
a few power supplies (probably). But never ever - do I have the part "I"
need.

Lou

MicroPac is listing their part number 52150/52175 as a replacement for 78HGA
http://www.micropac.com/pdf/products/VR52150-52175.pdf

MicroPac's statement on obsolescence:
Due to the many problems our industry is dealing with today due to
obsolescence issues, and the decisions made by many of our competitors to
exit the military marketplace, Micropac Industries, Inc. want to take this
opportunity to assure our valued customers that we will continue to support
their requirements for high-reliability products. Our Company has no
intention of making obsolete any currently produced devices. Our charter is
to continue to support our customers with the same quality products as we
have successfully produced for more that three (3) decades.

That should work !

Greg

Old April 27th 04, 07:22 PM
Marianne

Lou - I have 3 uA78GU1C 4 pin regulators that I have no use for. No data
sheets available, other than from the "pay per view" sites, so I can't do a
comparison between the HG and the G series. I don't know where you're
located but you can have the 3 regulators I have for a SASE. email me
direct at ww2742 AT dragonbbsdotcom.

Mike

"Lou" wrote in message
[...]

---

Old April 28th 04, 04:43 AM
Lou

Well, I'd certainly be willing to give em a try. I e-mailed some guy that
someone else suggested. He is a real ass hole. His reply was all pretty much
jumping down my throat for asking. He asked, "did I think he was in
business", "did I think his list was incorrect" - since I had pasted a
portion of it in my e-mail "per his web site's instructions - to lead him to
the list where the parts were listed." People like that, I don't need to
deal with. He has exactly what I need, but he can stick them up his ass. I
don't deal with ass holes. I don't need those parts that bad to kiss his or
anyone else's ass. I'll be in touch privately.

Thanks,

Lou