Old May 4th 04, 02:13 PM
Paul Burridge

Default Electric Fence Energiser

On Tue, 4 May 2004 01:52:17 -0300, Chaos Master
wrote:

A while ago (in February IIRC), in my city there were 2 people killed by
electric fences after they accidentally touched the fence.

The fence was ran directly from 110V mains

Quite a lot of low power toobz are happy to run at 110V plate voltage
(DC of course). The great thing about that happy voltage range of say
80-150V is that you can check for the present of the voltage just by
sticking your fingers between anode and deck. I know I'll get a lot of
abuse for suggesting this, but it works for me!

Disclaimer: Er, but don't try it at home; YMMV; fatalities can occur
at much lower voltages... :-)
--

The BBC: licenced at public expense to spread lies.

Old May 4th 04, 04:15 PM
Richard Henry

wrote:

A while ago (in February IIRC), in my city there were 2 people killed by
electric fences after they accidentally touched the fence.

The fence was ran directly from 110V mains

Quite a lot of low power toobz are happy to run at 110V plate voltage
(DC of course). The great thing about that happy voltage range of say
80-150V is that you can check for the present of the voltage just by
sticking your fingers between anode and deck. I know I'll get a lot of
abuse for suggesting this, but it works for me!

In my college days, I spent a couple of summers working with electricians.
One old guy would test for power with the back of his hand. He could tell
the difference between 110V and 220V. He got onto a 440V circuit once and
complained for a week.