Old January 11th 16, 10:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur

Default Just what do they hope to achieve?

Just what do they hope to achieve, those who pollute these NGs on a daily
basis
with outbursts of petty insults in the manner of children squabbling in
school playgrounds?

What do they think of the effect that their collective infantile behaviours
will have
on the public face of amateur radio in these international discussion fora /
agora / pnyxs?

Are they aware that the way in which they present themselves makes them
look very foolish and immature?

What do we want the public face of amateur radio to be?

A pox on them and their families.

Old January 11th 16, 10:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur

"gareth" wrote in message

A pox on them and their families.

Which bit of "gentlemanly and traditional" does that relate to?
--
;-)
..

Old January 12th 16, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur

In rec.radio.amateur.antenna gareth wrote:
Just what do they hope to achieve, those who pollute these NGs on a daily
basis
with outbursts of petty insults in the manner of children squabbling in
school playgrounds?

Look in a mirror and ask that question.

--
Jim Pennino
Old January 12th 16, 12:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur

gareth wrote:
Just what do they hope...

Just as I was beginning to think you had disappeared from
the group, up you pop like a rotten apple. Please take
your whining and complaining somewhere else.

Irv VE6BP

P.S. Sorry about the cross-posted reply but it should be known!

Old January 12th 16, 12:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur

"Irv Finkleman" wrote in message
gareth wrote:
Just what do they hope...

Just as I was beginning to think you had disappeared from
the group, up you pop like a rotten apple. Please take
your whining and complaining somewhere else.

Irv VE6BP

P.S. Sorry about the cross-posted reply but it should be known!

You've every reason to be cross. Beanie is a pain in the anus.
--
;-)
..

Old January 12th 16, 02:00 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur

On 1/11/2016 5:28 PM, gareth wrote:
Just what do they hope to achieve, those who pollute these NGs on a daily
basis
with outbursts of petty insults in the manner of children squabbling in
school playgrounds?

What do they think of the effect that their collective infantile behaviours
will have
on the public face of amateur radio in these international discussion fora /
agora / pnyxs?

Are they aware that the way in which they present themselves makes them
look very foolish and immature?

What do we want the public face of amateur radio to be?

A pox on them and their families.

Yes, what do you hope to achieve, Gareth?

--
==================
Remove the "x" from my email address

==================
Old January 12th 16, 02:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur

On 1/11/2016 7:41 PM, Irv Finkleman wrote:
gareth wrote:
Just what do they hope...

Just as I was beginning to think you had disappeared from
the group, up you pop like a rotten apple. Please take
your whining and complaining somewhere else.

Irv VE6BP

P.S. Sorry about the cross-posted reply but it should be known!

Wasted hope, Irv. Fortunately, we now have a group where his crap is
not allowed. Much more comfortable, even more than the generic groups,
because it's not moderated by spammers.

--
==================

Old January 12th 16, 02:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur

On 1/11/2016 5:28 PM, gareth wrote:
Just what do they hope to achieve, those who pollute these NGs on a daily
basis
with outbursts of petty insults in the manner of children squabbling in
school playgrounds?

I do wonder - what do YOU hope to achieve with your playground squabbling?

Please take it away from REAL amateur radio newsgroups. CB-related
newsgroups would be more your style, except I think they're too advanced
for you.

--
==================

Old January 12th 16, 04:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur

En el artículo , Jerry
Stuckle escribió:

Wasted hope, Irv. Fortunately, we now have a group where his crap is
not allowed. Much more comfortable, even more than the generic groups,
because it's not moderated by spammers.

Thank Jerry. I hope no one minds if I say the new group is
uk.radio.amateur.moderated. Despite it being a uk.* group, all are
welcome to discuss amateur radio and related technical issues.

It was created in direct response to the abusive behaviour of some
residents of uk.radio.amateur. I'm sure many reading this will have
seen the spillover from that group - this thread itself (look at the
subject) is one example.

The group is about three weeks old, and there have been some teething
troubles with getting news providers to add it, but these are being
ironed out now. If your news provider currently doesn't carry it,
please ask them to add it.

The group charter is he

http://www.usenet.org.uk/uk.radio.am...uk.radio.amate
ur.moderated

Moderation is 'light touch' and is done on the basis of content, not
personalities. Pretty much anything related to amateur radio and
related matters is allowed, and there have been some interesting
technical discussions already. The tone is friendly. Personal attacks
and abuse are not permitted.

If a post you make is rejected, you will receive an email notification
if your posting email address is valid. This email will tell you why
resubmit it if you wish. Very few posts have been rejected so far, most
of those being 'test' posts from people testing their news client is
correctly configured.

The regular 'spam' posts from bots which infest the other radio groups
are not permitted.

Please join in - we'd love to see you there.

--
(\_/)
(='.'=) Bunny says: Windows 10? Nein danke!
Old January 12th 16, 05:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,uk.radio.amateur

****.

Gormless ****.

Are they aware that the way in which they present themselves makes them
look very foolish and immature?

Foul-breathed, gormless ****.

What do we want the public face of amateur radio to be?

Omelette-faced, foul-breathed, gormless ****.

A pox on them and their families.

Reported to ISP for terrible personal hygiene.

--
STC // M0TEY // twitter.com/ukradioamateur

Just what do they hope to achieve? gareth Equipment 20 January 12th 16 08:05 PM
how did you achieve report ? steve[_3_] Dx 0 July 7th 12 05:08 PM
Helping President Obama and Mr. Holder achieve some of their goals? MagneticEnergy Shortwave 0 November 14th 09 12:44 AM
OT There IS hope! m II Shortwave 0 February 26th 07 04:36 AM
Bob Hope Art Unwin KB9MZ Antenna 4 July 28th 03 11:50 PM