Old July 7th 16, 04:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

Default [KE9V] Kodi Raspberry Pi Case

Perturbation

Kodi Raspberry Pi Case

https://ke9v.net/2016/07/06/kodi-raspberry-pi-case/

I saw this new Raspberry Pi case online last week and quickly ordered two
of them. The case is built by Flirc for Kodi an open source (GPL) software
media center. I wasnt really interested in the media center hardware, but
the case is a beautiful, well-made enclosure that will find use in my
workshop.

It’s a limited edition productÂ*available online in the US whileÂ*customers
outside the US can get theirs fromÂ*The Pi HutÂ*located in the UK.

Old July 8th 16, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On 7/7/2016 11:10 AM, KE9V via rec.radio.amateur.moderated Admin wrote:

Perturbation

Kodi Raspberry Pi Case

https://ke9v.net/2016/07/06/kodi-raspberry-pi-case/

I saw this new Raspberry Pi case online last week and quickly ordered
two of them. The case is built by Flirc for Kodi an open source (GPL)
software media center. I wasnt really interested in the media center
hardware, but the case is a beautiful, well-made enclosure that will
find use in my workshop.

It’s a limited edition product available online in the US
while customers outside the US can get theirs from The Pi Hut located in
the UK.

I don't get it. Why is this so great? At $20 it needs to be somehow
superior to the many $5 cases available. I couldn't even tell if this
includes shipping as they only provide that info after you give them a
credit card number.

--

Rick C

Old July 10th 16, 02:53 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew

On Fri, 8 Jul 2016, rickman wrote:

[...]

If you don't rack up the speding on the Raspberry Pi, the economy won't
survive.

They create a fairly full blown computer and sell it cheap. But then
there are all kinds of others trying to be "helpful" by selling
peripherals, and that can really inflate the cost of the Pi. I've seen
introductory kits that are hundreds of dollars, compared to the fifty or
so for the Pi itself. Nobody seems to scrounge, I have endless 5v power
supplys that end in a USB cable, all found in the garbage or at garage
sales for no more than a dollar. The whole "maker movement" is somewhat of
a fraud, it has some people making things to sell to others, rather than
eveyone making a case or whatever for their Raspberry Pi.

Michael