Old July 14th 04, 04:15 PM
Ken Fattmann

Default Steel Chassis

Does anyone have source for steel 17 inch rack chassis? I want to build
some home brew units such as high level class B 810 modulator and I need
steel chassis due to the heavy iron.
Please advise.

ken NAØY

Old July 14th 04, 08:17 PM
John Walton

There is a guy who has been selling (Ebay) Lambda multiple output racked
power supplies for next to nothing -- these are steel and weigh a ton. You
can repurpose a Lambda supply for this purpose, just take out the Lambda
regulators for your next solid state project.

Old July 14th 04, 11:01 PM
Gregg

I use stainless commercial baking pans for chassis and cut the rackface
from aluminum door kickplate from the hardware store. Instant 19" rack box
for $10! :-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Old July 15th 04, 01:14 AM
J M Noeding

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:01:19 GMT, Gregg wrote:

I use stainless commercial baking pans for chassis and cut the rackface
from aluminum door kickplate from the hardware store. Instant 19" rack box
for $10! :-)

But he needed 17". Only heard about 23" as an alternative
---
J. M. Noeding, LA8AK, N-4623 Kristiansand
http://home.online.no/~la8ak/c.htm
Old July 15th 04, 07:07 AM
Gregg

Behold, J M Noeding signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:01:19 GMT, Gregg wrote:

I use stainless commercial baking pans for chassis and cut the rackface
from aluminum door kickplate from the hardware store. Instant 19" rack
box for $10! :-)

But he needed 17". Only heard about 23" as an alternative

That's what I love about DIY - when I misread a post, I can just say,
"adjust your dimensions" ;-)

Old July 15th 04, 08:34 PM
J M Noeding

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 06:07:00 GMT, Gregg wrote:

Behold, J M Noeding signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:01:19 GMT, Gregg wrote:

I use stainless commercial baking pans for chassis and cut the rackface
from aluminum door kickplate from the hardware store. Instant 19" rack
box for $10! :-)

But he needed 17". Only heard about 23" as an alternative

That's what I love about DIY - when I misread a post, I can just say,
"adjust your dimensions" ;-)

perhaps it was already mistyped? I like 19" racks, but nobody else
around here like them, have two in my shack

---
Old July 16th 04, 03:45 AM
Jim Adney

On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 02:14:09 +0200 J M Noeding
wrote:

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 22:01:19 GMT, Gregg wrote:

I use stainless commercial baking pans for chassis and cut the rackface
from aluminum door kickplate from the hardware store. Instant 19" rack box
for $10! :-)

But he needed 17". Only heard about 23" as an alternative

Sounds like we're compounding typos here.

The only rack standards I'm aware of are 19" and 24".

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA