Old February 26th 05, 10:23 AM
Theo

Default TS520 Mode Switch?

I need to replace the MODE switch on my TS520.
It is a rotary wafer switch.
Can anyone help?

Theo

Old February 26th 05, 11:31 AM
Highland Ham

"Theo" wrote in message
I need to replace the MODE switch on my TS520.
It is a rotary wafer switch.
Can anyone help?

=============================
Perhaps you can specify the switch :
1)number of switch positions and the total angle the switch shaft makes.
2)number of switch functions ,identifying the number of separate switches
inside the wafer or wafers.
3)outer diameter
4)depth dimension of the wafer (pack)
5)shaft diameter and the diameter of the screwed thread fixing the switch to
a panel.

The TS-520 is not a recent transceiver ,hence the switch might not be all
that exotic.

If I have a suitable switch in my junk box ,I'll be happy to send it to you
foc.
I understand you are in the UK.

Frank GM0CSZ / KN6WH

Old February 26th 05, 05:07 PM
gb

"Theo" wrote in message
I need to replace the MODE switch on my TS520.
It is a rotary wafer switch.
Can anyone help?

Theo

Theo -

OK. you have a Kenwood TS-520.

Do you have the TS-520 Service manual - that identifies all Kenwood parts by
their original part numbers?

The TS-520 Service Manual (ZIP file of Adobe Acrobat) is a LARGE file
available (download) from MODS DK
http://www.mods.dk/view.php?ListManuals=kenwood

Are you aware that about 86 parts for the TS-520 model are still available
from Kenwood Parts? Many are switches - BUT you need to Kenwood part number
for the specific bad Mode Switch wafer.
http://www.kenwoodparts.com/parts/search.php

w9gb

Old February 26th 05, 06:42 PM
gb

"Theo" wrote in message
I need to replace the MODE switch on my TS520.
It is a rotary wafer switch.
Can anyone help?

Theo

IF you are in Europe (and not North America)

Here is the web site for Kenwood Communications UK
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk...Prod.aspx?k1=3

Kenwood Parts in the UK
Acoustic Services Ltd (Spare Parts Retailer)
142 Uxbridge Road Hanwell
London
W7 3SL
E-mail:
Phone: 020 8579 2872
Fax: 020 8579 7156

You have 5 Kenwood Service agents in UK for this replacement:
(Castle Electronics; Nevada Electronics; Waters & Stanton; Martin Lynch;
Amateur Radio Comms)
http://www.kenwood-electronics.co.uk/support....23&M3=8

Old February 28th 05, 12:30 AM
kenwood_dude

Hi Theo,

Discont. S04-5016-05 (D) $25.02

Discontinued in usa, perhaps it is available in UK

regards,
kenwood dude

Theo wrote:

I need to replace the MODE switch on my TS520.
It is a rotary wafer switch.
Can anyone help?

Theo

Attn Will (K5FM) TS 830 Mode Switch Call Me! Michael Brandt Swap 0 September 8th 04 07:36 AM
Make your own T2FD Kees Shortwave 75 July 2nd 04 07:54 AM
We Need a BANDWIDTH-BASED Frequency Plan - NOT Mode-Based. Expeditionradio Policy 43 February 8th 04 08:47 PM
BETTER HF FREQUENCY PLAN for AMATEUR RADIO Expeditionradio Policy 3 January 27th 04 10:50 PM
CCIR Coefficients METHOD 6 REC533 // AUCKLAND --> SEATTLE http://CBC.am/ Shortwave 0 July 16th 03 08:21 AM