Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 31st 05, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Paul VK3DIP

Default Identifying a mystery diode

Hi all I recently purchased a bag of unmarked supposedly diodes and I am
trying to figure out what they are. The clues so far are normal diode
action on a multimeter (ie conducts one way but not the other) but the
forward voltage is high at about 1.4 - 1.5 volts. The packaging is a small
square black plastic box with flat axial leads one of which has a small
cross
piece on it. This packaging suggests small signal or at least low power.

If anyone wants to look at the mystery diode it is the top one
in this picture.
http://www.users.bigpond.com/pmcmahon/mysterydiode.jpg
The bottom one is a normal glass 1N914 just for scale.

There is nowhere for the light to come out (or in) so they are not LEDs
which is the only other diode like component I have come across with that
high a forward voltage. Could it be two silicon diodes in series?

Any suggestions or even just identifying the case outline would be
appreciated.

Thanks
Paul VK3DIP

Identification of Motorola Diode 56C53 djzman General 0 September 19th 05 12:04 AM
Need help identifying an antenna connector Kevin Mills Antenna 7 November 19th 04 12:56 AM
Zener Diode Skip Homebrew 21 January 15th 04 06:26 PM
mystery station ... need help identifying N8KDV Shortwave 7 July 27th 03 02:38 PM
Need Source for Diode in TS-1285/URM-120 Wattmeter 2-30 MHz Plug-in Sensor, pls David J. Windisch Equipment 6 July 8th 03 05:15 PM