Old February 1st 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Kerry Miller

Default Another power supply project

Since I'm going to have to order a chip for that Astron PS I was working
on, I dug out another old PS that died a few years back. If I have to
pay shipping, I might as well order enough parts to at least make up for
the shipping costs...

Does any of you guys know where to find a schematic for a Yaesu FP-757HD
power supply? It has a 3-terminal regulator in it, it looks like a 317,
but it has funky markings on it which say B824, then down and to the
right it says Q5D. It might be an O or 0 (zero) 5D. Do you guys know
if you can replace this B824 thing with an LM317? The transistors are
oddballs too but I haven't gotten the number for them. If I have to, I
can just start from scratch on it, there's not much to it and there were
a couple of caps with the legs corroded off. I can probably just come
up with my own regulator as easy as I can fix this one unless I can find
a schematic.

Do you guys know where to find a schematic for this thing?

Tnx,
Kerry, WD5ABC
Old February 1st 06, 01:42 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John Ferrell

When dealing with Yaesu (Vertex) it is worth the effort to contact
Vertex for special parts. There is a special regulator in the power
supply for the FT-301 that is no longer available. Contacting Vertex
led to a replacement subassembly for about $6. Not bad support for a
25 year old piece of equipment.

On Tue, 31 Jan 2006 23:56:11 -0600, Kerry Miller
wrote:

[...]

John Ferrell W8CCW
Old February 1st 06, 05:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
johan aeq

japanese transistors are usually marked without the two first markings...
For instance a 2sb824 will be marked as b824.
Fets are marked as 2sk or 3sk.
Diodes as 1s..., it is like the american notation 1n, diode, 2n transistor
etc....

"John Ferrell" schreef in bericht

Old February 2nd 06, 03:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Kerry Miller

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, maybe I'll give them a call. If they don't have the part, maybe
they can tell me what it will cross to.

Tnx,
Kerry, WD5ABC
Old February 2nd 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gb

"Kerry Miller" wrote in message
[...]

Manual is on the MODS.DK web site.
http://www.mods.dk/downloadmanual.ph...7HD_Manual.pdf

TO-3 or TO-220 case for regulator?

Old February 2nd 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Kerry Miller

gb wrote:

[...]

The one I'm looking at with that strange part number is a TO-220. I'll
have to take the schematic and see which one it is, that number doesn't
match any of the part numbers on the schematic. I picked up a few spare
723s and 317s today, maybe I'll just make my own if I have to.

73,
Kerry
PS That's a great web site, I just bookmarked it.
Old February 2nd 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gb

[...]

Kerry -

I have schematic, will e-mail PDF to you.

w9gb

Old February 2nd 06, 03:43 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
gb

[...]

Here we go:

3 - Pass (NPN) transistors Q1 - Q3: 2SD717-Y
on heat sink

These 3 should be on PC board (AVR Unit PB-2156
Q101 - 2SK192-BL (looks like FET)
Q102 - 2SA1012Y (looks like PNP bipolar)
Q103 - 2SA950Y (looks like PNP bipolar)

Q102 drives the pass transistors
Q103 Base connected to VR101 for adjustment (voltage adjust?)

w9gb

Old February 2nd 06, 05:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Kerry Miller

gb wrote:

[...]

Perfect, I got the schematic, thanks! Looks like there's not too much
to it. I picked up a few parts in San Antonio today for the Astron (I
thought it was fixed, but it's still not right). I'll have to think
about the Yaesu and see if I can find some of those parts or at least
find what they cross to.

Thanks for all your help!
Kerry
Old February 2nd 06, 08:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Martyn

"Kerry Miller" wrote in message
newsBgEf.149059$WH.120009@dukeread01...
gb wrote:

[...]

i have a schematic for the YaesuFP757HD power supply.
in the schematic there are no regulators, there are no IC's, just 5
bipolar transistors and a fet.
this is providing that they didn't update the circuit and you have a
newer one than me.
if you email me your address i will photocopy the schematic and post
it to you.

martyn preston G0THY