Old February 2nd 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
mustafa umut sarac

Default Listening USA Country music from Istanbul - Turkey

How can it be possible to me to listen us radios with a radio or
satellite radio from istanbul.
I will not have a internet connection for next 6 months .
I dont know it is possible or not to listen radio from satellite but
may be ? I have a new computer and I dont have hundreds for cards. May
be you help me to pass this boring winter at home ? May be there is
cheap kits or schematics for long range listeners .

Best ,

Mustafa Umut Sarac

Old February 2nd 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Allodoxaphobia

On 2 Feb 2006 09:03:26 -0800, mustafa umut sarac wrote:
How can it be possible to me to listen us radios with a radio or
satellite radio from istanbul.
I will not have a internet connection for next 6 months .
I dont know it is possible or not to listen radio from satellite but
may be ? I have a new computer and I dont have hundreds for cards. May
be you help me to pass this boring winter at home ? May be there is
cheap kits or schematics for long range listeners .

Shortwave? Of course, it won't be 24/7.
I'm sure there may be other choices (VOA, others), but AFRTS first came
to mind he

The shortwave frequencies:

http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/radio/shortwave/

The schedule:

http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/radio/afn/schedule.asp

I fondly remember the days I listened to AFRTS -- medium and short wave
-- while stationed at Ramstein AB in (West) Germany (on a BC-348.)

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
Pueblo, Colorado | @ | Jonesy | OS/2 __

Beautiful Music Radio Don Broadcasting 0 December 18th 04 06:00 PM
Does commercial radio has a future? Mike Terry Broadcasting 24 December 13th 04 03:16 AM
Latest 50's Rock and Roll Shows Online Rockitradio Broadcasting 0 August 14th 04 12:20 AM
930 WPAT in NYC area now testing IBOC/"HD Radio" Digital AM Ron Hardin Broadcasting 43 November 28th 03 03:13 PM
RA Previews #578. 13-15 Aug '03 John A. Figliozzi Shortwave 0 August 13th 03 03:57 AM