Old March 12th 06, 10:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John A

Default Wainwright Mini-Mounts

Does anyone know of a UK source for "Wainwright Mini-mounts"? These are
small PCBs made in Germany by WMM GmbH (no web-site or email!), laid out to
take an IC, with tracks from each IC pad taken out to the edge of the PCB -
very useful for prototyping with TSSOP devices it seems.

If they sound interesting, see:

http://www.rdi-wainwright.com/

which is the site of the US agent - $100 min order!

John

Old March 12th 06, 12:12 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Leon

Wainwright Instruments in Germany used to have the mini-mounts on their
web site, but they seem to have disappeared. Perhaps someone else now
makes them.

They are very expensive, anyway. I make my own similar little PCBs at
home if I need them. It only takes 30 minutes or so.

Leon

Old March 13th 06, 10:52 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
DPhil

Try www.rapidelectronics.co.uk
look under PCB Equipment
described as surface mount development boards
Phil G8AAE

Old March 15th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John A

Thanks Leon and Per,

WWM are linked to Wainwright filters, I suspect - but there is no sign of
the Mini-Mount product or anything like it on Wainwright Filter's web-site.

Thanks Phil,

What we are looking for is TSSOP adapters (nt so easy to homebrew, Leon!),
which rules out the items on Rapid's website.

I'll keep looking, but many thanks for your thoughts - and any other still
to come!

John

Old March 15th 06, 10:53 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Leon

John A wrote:
Thanks Leon and Per,

WWM are linked to Wainwright filters, I suspect - but there is no sign of
the Mini-Mount product or anything like it on Wainwright Filter's web-site.

Thanks Phil,

What we are looking for is TSSOP adapters (nt so easy to homebrew, Leon!),
which rules out the items on Rapid's website.

I'll keep looking, but many thanks for your thoughts - and any other still
to come!

I've homebrewed TSSOP (0.5 mm lead spacing) without problems.

Leon

Old March 16th 06, 03:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
John A

I'm impressed! I don't think that I could make PCBs to that sort of
resolution and the prototype I made as a birdsnest five years ago, and which
has recently expired, was built with eyesight that I can now only dream of.

John

oups.com...

Old March 16th 06, 03:34 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.homebrew
Leon

John A wrote:
I'm impressed! I don't think that I could make PCBs to that sort of
resolution and the prototype I made as a birdsnest five years ago, and which
has recently expired, was built with eyesight that I can now only dream of.

John

"Leon" wrote in message
oups.com...

I've homebrewed TSSOP (0.5 mm lead spacing) without problems.

Leon

I do need a microscope for assembling that sort of thing. At 63 my
eyesight is deteriorating as well. 8-(

73, Leon

FS: Connectors, Antennas, Meters, Mounts, etc. Ben Antenna 0 January 6th 04 12:18 AM
FS: Connectors/Adapters/Meters/Etc. Ben Equipment 0 January 1st 04 02:55 PM
FS: Connectors/Adapters/Meters/Etc. Ben Equipment 0 January 1st 04 02:55 PM
custom antenna mounts Ken Coe CB 0 November 12th 03 07:01 PM
Grundig Mini 300 - new model Bill McMillan Shortwave 6 October 29th 03 07:24 PM