Old October 21st 03, 01:14 AM
Bill McMillan

Default Grundig Mini 300 - new model

Here in Canada the Hudson's Bay Company sells Grundig
radios through their mail order outlet. I just got in the mail
today an ad for the Grundig Mini 300. It is slightly larger
than the Mini World 100PE, which I have and really like.
The size of the Mini 300 (in inches) is 2.5 x 6.5 x 0.9.

The 300 seems to have analog tuning with a digital readout,
like the S350. It has no keypad entry and no memories, but
does have a clock and alarm. It has AM, FM and 7 shortwave
bands. The antenna is telescopic, but does not collapse
completely into the radio case; when collapsed, it sticks upward
a couple of inches from the top left of the radio, so that
the radio has the appearance of a cordless phone or GPS unit.

The radio is available in several colours. It's nice to have a break
from the ubiquitous silver cases we see everywhere now. The colours
are red, white, blue, yellow and dark brown ("bronze"). The radio
takes 2 AA cells, and costs $ 49.98 Cdn.

- Bill

Old October 21st 03, 08:52 AM
RHF

BM,

The 'new' GRUNDIG Mini 300 started out as the "TECSUB" R919 Radio in
China (PRC) and is also marketed as the "ETON" Mini 300 in EURO-Land:

http://www.etoncorp.com/worldwide/mini300.asp
Colors: Black, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, and Silver.

Check-Out the "Grundig Yacht Boy Radios" eGroup on YAHOO!

~ RHF
..
..

= = = "Bill McMillan"

Old October 21st 03, 11:25 PM
Bill McMillan

Well, I guess my news wasn't so newsy after all. Maybe there
are a few people out there who didn't know, or am I always the last
one ?

- Bill

"RHF" wrote in message
om...
BM,

The 'new' GRUNDIG Mini 300 started out as the "TECSUB" R919 Radio in
China (PRC) and is also marketed as the "ETON" Mini 300 in EURO-Land:

http://www.etoncorp.com/worldwide/mini300.asp
Colors: Black, White, Red, Yellow, Blue, and Silver.

Check-Out the "Grundig Yacht Boy Radios" eGroup on YAHOO!

~ RHF
.
.

Old October 22nd 03, 03:09 AM
RHF

BM,

You original Post was a Good and Informative piece of Information.
= = = N E W S = = =

It is interesting to NOTE that "HBC" OnLine often is a early product
leader for 'new' GRUNDIG Brand Name Radios in the North American
Market.
= = = The Place To Watch for new Grundig Radios = = =

My post was my atempt to Add-To the 'knowledge base' that you have
established in the original post.

What Is Funny... Is that the main "GrundigRadio.Com" website still
does NOT list the Grundig Mini 300 as a Grundig Brand Name Radio.

http://www.grundigradio.com/asp/grun...waveRadios.asp

SO YOU SCOOPED Grundig North American (ETON Corp.) with your posting.

ajwd ~ RHF
..
..
= = = "Bill McMillan"

Old October 22nd 03, 07:17 AM
Bob

"Bill McMillan" wrote in message news:Dnilb.141219$6C4.116428@pd7tw1no...
Well, I guess my news wasn't so newsy after all. Maybe there
are a few people out there who didn't know, or am I always the last
one ?

- Bill

No Bill, you were not the last one, I was. Thanks for the update.
On the topic of cheap and cheerfull radios you should check out the
Kaito WRX 911 now available in Canada at the Shortwave Store (Durham
Radio). It's about the same price as the old mini 300 but according
to the review on the RadioIntel site it blows the doors off the 300.
Thanks again, Enquiring minds need to know!
Bob

Old October 29th 03, 07:24 PM
Pierre L

If you're in Canada and you want to buy a mini shortwave radio via mail
order, maybe you should consider giving a place like Durham Radio a call.
Have a look at the Kaito - http://www.durhamradio.com/wrx911.htm

I used to be a Grundig fan back in the 1970's, but I've so far had rotten
luck with the cheap junk that carries the Grundig name these days. Even
buying brand spanking new, you're lucky to get one good unit out of 3.

Pierre