Old June 20th 08, 10:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-06-20

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the NEWSLETTER of "Make More Miles on VHF"
the VHF-DX-Portal, dated 2008-06-20.

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER - MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

Get ready for the HAM RADIO 2008 in Friedrichshafen! Link and Infos
around at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1202

Enrico, I5WBE wrote Hello VHF Friends, Friday 27 June at 13.00
local time we have our meeting to Ham Radio in front of QSL-Wall.
At 19.30 in front of Entrance HAM RADIO MESSE meeting for LINDAU
HAM FEST - Dinner at 20.30 C/O Altschule Ristorante
Altschuleplatz 2 Lindau. I must book the Restaurante pse advise me
for your partecipation TNX 73 de Enrico i5wbe i5wbe"at"i5wbe"dot"it

***

Hard discussions nower days on ON4KST-Chat again: It seems that
satellite users want to try to take over bottom part of 2m again
(EME and CW DX part of band) - have a look at CT 08 C4 16 he
http://www.ok2kkw.com/iaru/cavtat_list_en.htm
Please make any complaints or make your reasoned thoughts to Paul
G4DCV or myself and they will be pased on (to Paul if sent to me).
QRZ is fine. Source: from ON4KST-Chat, Bryn, G4DEZ

***

The RSGB 50MHz Trophy Contest takes place this weekend, from 1400
GMT Saturday to 1400 GMT Sunday. This contest runs concurrently with
the IARU R1 50MHz Contest so expect many stations to also be QRV
from Mainland Europe. Exchange details for the contest are RS(T),
serial number, and 6-character locator. QSO's are scored at 1pt/Km,
and multipliers are DXCC Countries plus QTH Locator Squares.
Further information on the contest, including the various sections,
awards, and log submission details can be obtained from the RSGB
Contest Committee website (VHF) http://www.vhfcc.org/ Fingers
crossed for good cndx. Source: UK-Contest Reflector, John, MM0CCC

VHF-EXPEDITIONS (specially 144 MHz MS/EME/TROPO)
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity NO!

VHF activity planned starting from next 21of June from Ventotene
Island (JN60) with Call IB0CW (operator IK8BIZ, WW-loc JN60rs,
Bands 50-144, Mode SSB - CW - MS/WSJT (on 144). Activity from
Ventotene Island is planned by 21th june early morning in WSJT.
Their QRG will be published on the PCL as soon they will reach
the site. QSL Via ARI or via IK8BIZ home address Be patient, as he
is a newcomer but wants to enjoy as much as stations possibly.
2m equipments is 250W and 12 el yagi Also qrv on 6m for es traffic
cw-ssb. All details: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1668
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Carlo I5TWK/8

***

Hello, if the final permit for high power is released, an Italian
group toghether with ARM (Association Radioamayeur Monaco) will
activate the Principality of Monaco, via EME, mode JT65B.
Update de Gio, IK1UWL, dated 2008-06-18: Let us know if there
is interest for CW and MS operation, if so we will assign some
time to these modes, no skeds, random operation, write to IK1UWL
at marchi.g"at"libero.it . We will be in contact with a friend
who will post messages for us on the N0UK logger, first message
will be QRG, after determining local qrm. If possible we will
tx on 144.120 (1st), and rx .120+-2 kHz, or split on .090 for JA.
There are mountains to the west, moon will set early about 2
hours. QSL via 3A2ARM (see QRZ), please send SAE and postage.
Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Gio, IK1UWL

***

CY0X will be QRV on 2 mtr eme from 6/26/08 to 7/6/08 (No skeds
7/4/08-7/4/08 because of new moon). Will have at least one long
yagi and KW. Grid is FN93XV for moonrise/moonset calculations.
Will have elevation and be QRV at least 2 hrs after moonrise.
CY0X will transmit on even minute always. Will be QRV at least
one hour before moonset, depending on demand. Frequency for skeds
and random will be posted here shortly. I have requested VE7BQH
to coordinate sked requests; however, until I get confirmation
from Lionel please send copy of sked request to me. 73,
Source: Chris, W3CMP via Moon-Net

***

AA4ZZ follow up (REVIEW: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/review.php AA4ZZ)
Thanks to all of those who worked us and to those that tried. We
had several issues come up Friday which prevented us from getting
on as planned. Least of which was a direct lightening stike to the
area we were operating on. We had a laptop sound card go out, a
rotor control box and I won't go into the other problems. We had
redundant radios and interfaces and most anything else but the
rotor really hurt. We learned a lot and are going to revise our
operating procedure for the September contest. We made contacts
Saturday morning and evening. During contest we cannot post to
logger at any time, so in the future when you do work us please
post frequency and report. Also when tropo or E skip is in we have
to share the operating time as we are only allowed one 144mhz
operation at a time. Thanks again and look for AA4ZZ in September
from EM96. Source: direct to MMMonVHF, tnx Joe, KI4TZ

VHF-EVENTS/ACTIVITIES
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php - use FILTER Event/Activity YES!

SX Call - several special call are on the air for celebrating 24
centuries From Alexander's the Great birth. All the SX24... calls
will be QRV all days, evrey day, from 14th to 22nd of June, from
2m to 160m with on SSB, RTTY, BPSK and CW modes. As well on HF there
are first stations qrv on 144MHz and as well on Chat:
Qrv 144.300 with special callsign SX24KVL locator kn20ew (no MS)
Source: SW7JKK Stavros via ON4KST-Chat

***

Venezuela, YV. The Radio Club Venezolano will have a special callsign
for an operation from Barinas State. YW2AJ will be on the air June
20-24, HF through 6M, all modes. QSL via YV5AJ's QRZ.com address
or via the bureau. Source: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 119) Matt, OZ6OM

***

Jimmy, KL7/W6JKV, will be operating on 6 meters from Alaska from
June 18 to June 30, 2008. LATEST NEWS de Jimmy, W6JKV, via UKSMG-Page
dated 2008-06-19: We had a safe trip to Alaska and all of the equipment
made it. Will be on air tomorrow morning...and will post freq. at that
time. Probably will not have web at xmit site until Friday. From this
location can almost see Europe and Japan and USA/Canada...
Jimmy - Source: UKSMG-Webpage Jimmy, W6JKV Thursday 19 June 2008

***

Turks and Caicos Isl., VP5. W8GEX, Joe, will be in the Turks and Caicos
Islands from June 19th to 28th. He'll be operating as VP5/W8GEX on 20
through 6 meters as well as the 60 meter band.
Source: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 118) 16 Jun. 2008 via Matt, OZ6OM

***

DX Operation from St Lucia on HF and 6m: Begin date: 20081016
End date: 20081030 Callsign(s): J68WI DXCC entity: St Lucia QSL route:
WB5ZAM Operators: WB5ZAM No contesting but plan to be as active as
the bands allow. HF (30-10) and 6m if open. No low bands.
Source: Bill/NG3K

***

Special event station ZW50I will be aired during June and July to
celebrate the 50th anniversary of the City of Imbituba, Santa Catarina
state, Brazil. A station will be set up at the Municipal City hall and
will be active on all HF bands in SSB, CW and also in FM (144 MHz), from
GG51PS in Imbituba. The station will also participate in the All Asia
Contest CW and IARU HF Championship. QSL via PP5BZ, direct preferred but
bureau OK. [PP5BZ] - Source: ICPO Bulletin (June 19 - 27, 2008)

***

Between 16 June and 13 July, members of Stockport Radio Society will be
activating the special event station GB100STH in celebration of the
100th anniversary of the opening of Stockport Town Hall. The station,
which is open to visitors, will be based in a room of Stockport College
overlooking the Town Hall. It will be operational on all HF bands plus
2 metres VHF and there will be a special QSL card. For further
information visit the station's page at QRZ.com.
Source: GB2RS NEWS Sunday 15 June 2008

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)