Old August 30th 08, 08:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.dx,rec.radio.info

Default MMMonVHF Newsletter 2008-08-30

Hallo dear MMMonVHF friends,

please find below the latest NEWSLETTER of the VHF-DX-Portal
"Make More Miles on VHF" (www.MMMonVHF.de) dated 2008-08-30

We attempt to distribute the NEWSLETTER one or two times per week.
For more details, please be so kind and refer at the "NEWS"-page
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php and check for the latest NEWS
(last 24 hours lines blinks / up to 3 days lines marked orange):

Latest NEWS/INFO for the NEWSLETTER
MMMonVHF The VHF-DX-Portal

The summer is almost over. The time for autumn tropo is comming.
At the moment a high presuresystem is moving over Central Europe.
It's providing tropo between G/EI to DL/OE/OK. As well as 144 MHz
Sporadic E, MMMoNVHF will be able to provide you with LOGs and
overviews about big TROPO openings: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/tr.php
PLEASE report your QSO's - LOGIN and pass your info at the BUTTON:
Send your report - the rest is done by Frank, PA4EME for MMMonVHF
By the way - MMMonVHF welcome the registered User No. 1800 ;-)

***

PLANED EXPEDITION HELP PLEASE!
Frank, DL8YHR, is planing his trip to far east these days and is
in need of help if someone is able to loan him a rotor for azimuth
and elevation (maybe somethink like KR5400, KR5600...). Please do
contact Frank direct in any kind of possibilities by mail:
dl8yhrfrank"at"aol"dot"com Details about the expedition itself:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1361
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Frank, DL8YHR

***

REVIEW: GM4DHF/P IO67UP Isle of Skye, 2008
Equipment 150W (12V) SSPA, x1 or x2 7ele H/B yagi (was actually
running 150W into a single 7ele for most of the time) Operation
from inside car at 200M ASL (Quiraing) IO67UP or Holiday Cottage
(sTAFFIN) IO67VP. This was a walking holiday with my partner Jan,
but I couldn't resist working some 2M Meteor Scatter. Almost all
random QSO's. Here are the 144 MHz MS Log for IO67UP:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/upload-news/D...HFIO672008.txt
and Foto: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/upload-news/D...OTO/GM4DHF.jpg
73, David, G4DHF SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx David, G4DHF

***

UPDATING the MMMonVHF DATABASES for all of us continuous...
Hallo dear User of MMMonVHF. As you probably have seen our SERVICE
are only as good as you are doing UPDATES at our different DATABASES.
Please do yourself the favour and check periodical following links:
MWS (MOST WANTED SQUARES) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/emws.php
MWDXCC (MOST WANTED DXCC) http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dxcc.php
VHF-DATABASE http://www.mmmonvhf.de/dbase.php
and pass an UPDATE if you find anything which is incorrect. We will
try to setup a new VHF-DATABASE for VQ-Log as well for the DX-Cluster
in begin of october 2008...

Latest DXPEDITION and EVENT NEWS - Please do use:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php
and use the FILTER for your personal wishes!

Mike, K6MYC, is nowdays in Serbia qrv on 6m and 2m EME with the
call of YT1AD. On 6m we 2x 6M5X and KW, full AZ EL. All working
and on 2m ALMOST QRV, put up 2x 2M12 and KW for EME work...
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Mike, K6MYC

***

5R8 HF + EME Dxpedition from the Team around Jean-Marc, F1HDI
LATEST NEWS by Jean-Marc, F1HDI, dated 2008-08-27:
The location is quite near ambodifototra, so let's go with LH42WX
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Jean-Marc, F1HDI

***

QM05 Square will be activated on 2m and 70cm by JM1WBB end of
august next EME activity will be from August 28th to 30th on
144MHz with 4 x 2M32XP, 2 x GU74B. CW request is OK at N0UK chat or
by email. I look forward to meet old/new friends via the moon.
LATEST NEWS from N0UK-Chat, dated 2008-08-30:
05:06 JM1WBB/4XP32/KW Isao +++ CQ JM1WBB 144.084 1st QM05dx +++
05:09 RV9UV/4X12/300 Nick 050800 2 -22 2.9 -326 3 * CQ JM1WBB QM05
SOURCE: N0UK-Chat and direct to MMMonVHF - tnx Isao-San, JM1WBB

***

S52XA will be qrv from Mountain Golte JN76KI as S57T
SOTA Trip to Mountain Golte 1577 asl
RIG on 144 MHz (SSB and CW) 1500 w 2x 18 el yagi
SOURCE: direct to MMMonVHF - tnx S52XA

***

Chris, PA2CHR, is on holiday in france and get qrv time to time.
Today we did find him qrv from JN05. Chris shall have a 7el and
100W for some tropo QSO (only holiday!!!). LATEST NEWS from DXC,
dated 2008-08-29: 1155 ea1mx(in73) 144303.0 F/PA2CHR/P JN05JW
SOURCE: via DXCluster and direct to MMMonVHF - tnx PA3FPQ Johan

***

The White Tower DX Team in Alonnisos Isl. using the special Hellenic
prefix SX8WhiteTower. From 29 August until 02 September 2008, in
Alonnisos island with LOC KM19, IOTA REF EU-072 GIOTA NAS-065.
Operators of the Special Hellenic Prefix 'SX8WhiteTower', will be
White Tower DX Team members and Guest operators of team SV1ENG (Tony),
SV2GNQ (Georgia), SV2HQX (Chris), SW2HTI (Elias). QRV from 160 to 6 m.
Qsl Info: BUREAU or DIRECT via White Tower DX Team Qsl-Mgr: SV2HPP
SOURCE: UBA HF News

***

A F5KAQ Granville ARC team ( F9ZG F5NKX F5RJM F5HVI F6ACH F6CMC
F8PDR and guests ) will be active from BREHAT island (IN98,
EU-074, MA-012, WLOTA 2010), between September 1st to 8th.
80 to 10 m SSB CW RTTY BPSK and SSB from 144MHz to 10 GHz SSB .
During this week activities valid also for Lighthouses, Castles,
mills and so on. A trés bientot dans le log L'equipe F5KAQ
Benoit F8PDR - LATEST NEWS de Maurice, F5NQL, dated 2008-08-29:
The first QSO’s are scheduled to start on Monday Sept 1st between
1500 to 1600 UTC. We must sadly inform the VHF, UHF and more
community that for last minute transport problems, we are not
able to bring with us the 70cm and up gear. On VHF look for us
only on 144 MHZ. Tks Aain/F6ACH and F5KAQ Team via F5NQL DX News

***

Operators Ian/G1JCC, Dick/G4LBH, Don/G4LOO, David/G4MVU, Terry/G4UEM,
Andy/G8ATD and Bryan/M0BIK will be active from Caldey Island
(EU-124, also count for WLOTA LH-4056, WAB SS19, WW Loc.IO71PP)
using the call sign GB2CI. QRV from 1800 UTC September 2nd to 1100 UTC
September 8th, holiday style operation on all bands 160 to 2 meters.
They will run 400W on HF and 200W on 6m (5ele@12m) and 2m. GW3SVJ/P
will be operational over the weekend of September 6-7th for SSB Field
Day and 2m Trophy contests. QSL direct or bureau to G8ATD. QSL manager
G4UEM. Further information can be found at: vhfcomm.co.uk/lvg/
SOURCE: [rsgbiota.org] via the ICPO Bulletin (August 28-Sepember 04)

***

GB1CM, which is to commemorate the first anniversary of the loss of
the rally driver Collin McRae, will be on the air during the month
of September on 80m through to 6m on SSB. There will be a special
event QSL card to mark the event. Any radio amateur or SWL who
would like a QSL card please send a Stamped SAE if in the UK, or
an SAE plus 2 US dollars or 1 IRC if outside the UK to GB1CM OR
G0BUV (John Howard, 130 Coventry Road, Coleshill, Birmingham,
B463EH England - U.K.).
[GB2RS] via the ICPO Bulletin (August 28-Sepember 04)

***

For the second time some F5KLJ ARC members are going to the Madame
Island, locared in the Charente Maritime area. The call sign used will
be TM1MAD. Activity on september 6&7th , CW/SSB from 80 to 10m and
even on 144/432. For this island can be reached by foot when the
higher tides happen, it does not comply with the iota rules.
More Details at: http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1904
SOURCE: tnx Maurice, F5NQL DX News

***

HA5AO (ex HA7VT), Pista, and HA7TM, Tibi, are heading to Palau
and will be QRV as T88CI and T88CJ from November 22nd to December
3rd. For equipment they will have an FT2000, FT1000MP, FT920,
VL1000/VP1000. Activity will be on 1.8 to 50 MHz. They now have a
Web site at www.ha7tm.hu/t88/. QSL cards should go direct or via
the bureau to their home calls. More details and QSL info see:
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/latest.php?id=1899
SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 165) via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

***

Gambia, C5. Members of the Spanish DX 4 DX TEAM (www.dx4dx.com)
will be in The Gambia (C5) from October 14 to 24. Activity will
be on the HF bands and 6 meters on SSB, CW and RTTY. Team members
include EA4BT, EA4NA, EA7AAW, EA7JB, EA7SB and EA7LS. As of this
moment they do know their callsign. QSL via EA4BT either direct to
EA4BT, Apartado Postal 1315, 28800 Alcal de Henares (Madrid), SPAIN
or via the bureau.
SOURCE: (The Daily DX Vol. 12 No. 165) via 50 MHz DX News, by OZ6OM

***

SOTA-News - Upcoming Activations updated at our MMMonVHF page
as long these including VHF or U/SHF-Activity. A complete over-
view about all SOTA-Activities are on: www.sotawatch.org/alerts.php
SOURCE: tnx Summits On The Air (via SOTA-Watch2 beta Page)

************************************************** *************************
The VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF - Newsletter Credits & Info
************************************************** *************************

Our Newsletter is compiled from the input of the USER of the VHF-DX-Portal
MMMonVHF as well by a lot of free usable HF-V-U-SHF-Info-Sources and chats
like ON4KST-, N0UK-, RU-VHF-DX-Net, EA-V-U-SHF-Chat and others...

*** Many thanks to all USER who send us info and news ***

Wherever we found the info we always indicate the source of the info.
If you get knowledge of an expedition, which is NOT listed at our
VHF-DX-Portal MMMonVHF or if you have additional info for an expedition,
PLEASE be so kind and send us this info at
http://www.mmmonvhf.de/newsuser.php or http://www.mmmonvhf.de/kontact.php

The MMMonVHF-Team is always trying to spread any expedition info as much
up-to-date and reliable as possible and as long as the info does not
violate with our MMMonVHF-Policy.

Have a lot of fun and enjoy MMMonVHF!

73 de Guido "Guy" DL8EBW
on behalf of the MMMonVHF-Team
(DG2KBC DK3XT DK5EW DK5YA HA5CRX IV3NDC OZ1LPR PA2DW PA3BIY & PA4EME)