Old June 30th 16, 05:16 AM posted to uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio,rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.info

Default [LSWC] Sausage and Burger Night

Lincoln Short Wave Club

Sausage and Burger Night

http://www.g5fz.co.uk/sausage-burger-night-2-3/

Lincoln Short Wave Club - Bringing amateur radio to the community

On Wednesday 29th June 2016 I played golf in the pouring rain; when I got
home there were messages on my answer machine – “I think it’s the sausage
and burger night, is it still on?” “What contingency plans have you?”

I was a little dismayed that these people had no faith in my ability to
organise the weather; have I let you down in the past? No. I sent out an
e-mail saying it was on and only two people decided to stay at home; even
Dora turned out.

I admit it wasn’t warm enough to sit outside but the village hall had been
booked, just in case, and most people assembled there. Good job we didn’t
start at 1900 hours when we had a down pour.* I think the majority of
people enjoyed themselves.

Thanks to Steve M5ZZZ*for bringing the onions and*helping to cook the food,
Bob G7AVU for collecting the bread rolls, Adrian M0NWK and Dylan for
returning the bar-be-cue to the shack and Bob G4PDF for washing up and
everyone who turned out and ate the food.

Below are a few photos from the evening:

* *

Lincoln Short Wave Club - Bringing amateur radio to the community