Old October 1st 08, 10:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default How to PSK? What do all those funny letters mean?

'73's their call de your call SK.' -----------NOPE!

For your LAST transmission of the QSO:

'stuff' 73 SK their call de your call [KN if your're waiting for an
answer - dits if not, and you feel like a Lid - CL if you will not answer
any calls after the present QSO]

For your last transmission the SK is in place of the AR as used during the
QSO - you know: 'stuff' AR [BK or their call de your call] [KN or K if
you do not use BK]

"Phil Kane" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 15:24:19 EDT, Michael Coslo wrote:

Ending the call

73's their call de your call SK.

When I learned Morse in the Dark Ages, I learned that ending signal as
VA - which is exactly the same thing. I always associate SK with
"Silent Key" - an operator who has passed away. My ending macro says
"K2ASP Clear" - remnants of my Public Safety radio dispatch days.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Beaverton (Washington County) Oregon

e-mail: k2asp [at] arrl [dot] net

Old October 2nd 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 13:58:56 EDT, Michael Coslo wrote:

Do you get on PSK much? Some times of the day there are nice paths from
Oregon to PA on 20 meters.

On a regular basis I check into the Oregon Digital Emergency Net -
Fri. 8pm local - on 80 meters. Now and then I work PSK on 40 meters
to pile up states. Aside from that, I haven't had much occasion to
work HF lately but I'm fully ready to go 160 - 10 meters. My spare
time has been pretty spare lately.
--

73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane

From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest

Old October 2nd 08, 05:08 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Hello.com wrote:
'73's their call de your call SK.' -----------NOPE!

For your LAST transmission of the QSO:

'stuff' 73 SK their call de your call [KN if your're waiting for an
answer - dits if not, and you feel like a Lid - CL if you will not answer
any calls after the present QSO]

For your last transmission the SK is in place of the AR as used during the
QSO - you know: 'stuff' AR [BK or their call de your call] [KN or K if
you do not use BK]

I think you are talking about CW instead of PSK.

We've pared down the prosigns quite a bit for PSK mode. I think it is
mostly a legacy thing, as plain english works okay too. I don't think
I've ever seen prosigns such as BK or KN used for PSK.

Pretty much SK, K CQ (well that really isn't a prosign of course) - and
the good old 73 and 88. Some use 73's and 88's. Technically wrong, but I
don't want to lecture a person who is wishing me well.

- 73 de Mike N3LI -