Old March 10th 10, 03:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Request for (Nebraska) CW schedule from Germany

Manfred, DL5CC, sent me the following email:

****************

Hello OM,

We are a clubstation near Rostock North Germany and very interested to
work the award WAS.

It is very difficult to work Nebraska. Nothing in ARRL-DX-Contest 2009
and 2010.

Can you help us with Mail address from active OM in CW 20m with a good
rig?

Best 73 - Manfred DL5CC 1st OP on clubstation DL0VV

****************

I thought the best way to handle this was to let as many NE CW
operators as possible know about it. Please email Manfred at
and "cc" me to let me know that you are working to set up
the schedule.

Nice to be in a state where DX requests us for contacts!

Thanks and 73,
Art, KĜAIZ

ARRL Nebraska Section
Section Manager: Arthur I. Zygielbaum, K0AIZ

Old March 12th 10, 02:00 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default Contact with DL5CC -- thanks! (was Request for (Nebraska) CW schedule from Germany)

Two days ago I forwarded a note from Manfred, DL5CC, requesting a NE
contact for their WAS certificate. I got a thank you note from Manfred
today. A successful contact was made with Scotty, NĜAZN, on 20M CW.

I very much appreciate the rapid response from several of you. I'm
glad we could help our German colleague.

Old November 17th 10, 10:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

In "ARRL NE Section"
wrote:

Two days ago I forwarded a note from Manfred, DL5CC, requesting a NE
contact for their WAS certificate. I got a thank you note from
Manfred today. A successful contact was made with Scotty, NĜAZN, on
20M CW.

After 20 years at my current QTH, the only state I don't have confirmed,
either by card or LOTW, is Nebraska, even though I live only about 300
miles from Omaha.

Of course, the fact that for the past several years the only time I've
worked US stations was during SS probably had a lot to do with that :-)

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN

Old November 17th 10, 11:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

In Bert Hyman
wrote:

In "ARRL NE Section"
wrote:

Two days ago I forwarded a note from Manfred, DL5CC, requesting a NE
contact for their WAS certificate. I got a thank you note from
Manfred today. A successful contact was made with Scotty, NĜAZN, on
20M CW.

After 20 years at my current QTH, the only state I don't have confirmed,
either by card or LOTW, is Nebraska, even though I live only about 300
miles from Omaha.

Of course, the fact that for the past several years the only time I've
worked US stations was during SS probably had a lot to do with that :-)

Wow. I submitted that post

quite a while ago.

Wonder where it's been hiding all this time?

--
Bert Hyman W0RSB St. Paul, MN

Old November 23rd 10, 02:14 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

On 11/17/2010 5:41 PM, Bert Hyman wrote:
In "ARRL NE Section"
wrote:

Two days ago I forwarded a note from Manfred, DL5CC, requesting a NE
contact for their WAS certificate. I got a thank you note from
Manfred today. A successful contact was made with Scotty, NĜAZN, on
20M CW.

After 20 years at my current QTH, the only state I don't have confirmed,
either by card or LOTW, is Nebraska, even though I live only about 300
miles from Omaha.

Of course, the fact that for the past several years the only time I've
worked US stations was during SS probably had a lot to do with that :-)

In about 3-4 years I should be traveling through NB again.. I can drop
in in PENDER for the night at the Blue Ox campground and schedule a
contact... But alas, You are going to have to remember it