Old June 17th 10, 03:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated

Default What makes a real ham

On 6/14/2010 10:08 AM, N2EY wrote:
On Jun 14, 6:00�am, John w

rote
:
In this case I meant orbital mechanics, Apogee,
Perogee, Period and that
kind of thing, All of which are indeed
on the Extra class exam pool.

Yes, they are - as are many other subjects.

But the orbital mechanics questions make up only a small part of the
question pool. Even if some of them are in a prospective Extra's test,
s/he could get them all wrong and still pass. They represent but a
small part of the question pool.

OH, no argument there , IN fact I think we have reached full agreement.

My point is not how much of the exam pool, nor how much of the exame
itself, but the fact that they ARE there, and you should now this stuff
before forking over the exam fee.

Inj the old days, when I first got my call, I did not have to know tihs
stuff.. I did... however, have to know Mr. Morse's code.