Old June 14th 16, 05:48 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.dx

Default [W2LJ] Just a reminder

W2LJ's Blog - QRP - Do More With Less.

Just a reminder

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=ema il

that next Monday, June 20th, is the first day of Summer. And you know what
that means ..... Skeeter numbers will start to be issued that day!

Beginning this year, the Hunt has been moved to the third Sunday in August
in order to even out spacing a bit between FOBB, the Skeeter Hunt and the
NoGA Peanut Power Classic. Also, there are some rule changes for 2016 in
order to more fully incorporate NPOTA into the Skeeter Hunt. Make sure to
check them out at www.qsl.net/w2lj.

72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Lunchtime conditions

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...medium=e mail

were meh.

I heard NC8N running an NPOTA entity on 40 Meters while listening on the
Buddistick. Since the Buddistick doesn't load up well on 40 Meters, I
quickly switched over to the Hamstick. By the time I got the Hamstick on
the magnmount, NC8N went south in the QSB and I couldn't hear him any
longer. Typical for W2LJ.

I switched back to the Buddistick and 20 Meters and worked good friend and
fellow QRPer John N8ZYA. After a very short contact, I worked KP4/W2PK.
Not that Puerto Rico is rare, but there was bit of a pileup. Not being able
to resist trying to break a pileup with QRP, I jumped in. After figuring
out the QRG frequency, it only took a few calls and the pileup was busted
with 5 Watts.

Conditions weren't terrible, but they weren't great, either. At least Ol'
Sol had 39 freckles today where last week, he had none. Hopefully, things
will improve as we inch ever closer to Field Day.

Just a reminder Landshark CB 17 April 15th 05 05:21 AM
A reminder... Mike Terry Broadcasting 1 October 20th 04 03:45 AM
A reminder... Mike Terry Shortwave 1 October 20th 04 03:45 AM
A reminder - its on now Mike Terry Shortwave 11 August 14th 04 09:35 PM
R.R.A.P Net reminder Bert Craig Policy 20 June 9th 04 04:32 AM