Old July 30th 16, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [KE9V] Hara Arena Closing

Perturbation

Hara Arena Closing

https://ke9v.net/2016/07/29/hara-arena-closing/

The closing of Hara Arena means the Dayton Hamvention will be moving to a
new facility. No information is currently available about the new venue,
except that its in the region.

The dates for the 2017 show remain unchanged and off-site activities should
not be affected according to the official press release.

More on this breaking news over the weekend.

###

Dayton Hamvention® 2017 News Update

The Dayton Amateur Radio Association (DARA) regrets to inform our many
vendors, visitors and stakeholders that, unfortunately, HARA has announced
the closing of their facility. We have begun execution of our contingency
plan to move Hamvention® 2017 to a new home.

DARA and Hamvention® have enjoyed many successful years working together
with HARA Arena and we wish the Wampler family the best.

DARA and Hamvention® have been working on a contingency plan in the event
HARA would become unavailable. We have spent many hours over the last few
years evaluating possible locations and have found one in the area we
believe will be a great new home! Due to logistics and timing issues, we
will make a formal announcement introducing our new partner. This
information will be coming soon. We all believe this new venue will be a
spectacular place to hold our beloved event. Please rest assured we will
have the event on the same weekend and, since it will be in the region, the
current accommodations and outside events already planned for Hamvention
2017 should not be affected.

We look forward to your continued support as we move to a new future with
The Dayton Hamvention®.

Ron Cramer

General Chairman

Dayton Hamvention 2017