Old February 9th 21, 06:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.misc

Default [W2LJ] Meh

W2LJ QRP - When you care to send the very least!

Meh

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/feedb...m_medium=email

I'm not about to do a K3WWP and start calling it S#*&^, but I, like John,
am growing a distinct distaste for snow. Last weekend into last Tuesday,
we got 19.5 inches (50 cm) of the stuff. Yesterday, we got another 7 inches
(18 cm).
And it looks like the weather people are forecasting another 5 inches of
snow to come during the middle of this week and even more over the coming
weekend. And the temperatures are going to plummet with an accompanying
blast of Arctic air. It's "seasonably" cold outside now and my shack
temperature is 58F - I can't wait to see what it's going to be later this
week!
This is more snow than we've seen in this part of Central New Jersey in
about 5 or 6 years. For you folks who get a ton each winter - God bless
you! I don't like dealing with it - and my hat is off to you for dealing
with yours.
On a side note, my son Joseph is getting tired of helping me deal with it
and this is what he wants me to buy.
As appealing as the thought was to me, my answer was "NO!".
On the Ham Radio side of the coin, I did work my good friend Dave KD2FSI as
he ran his Heathkit special event station yesterday. I had to hook up the
KXPA100 and turn up that wattage. Even then, he could barely hear me - we
just live too close to each other for the band conditions that were what
they were yesterday. But he did earn his "Veteran's Ears" for pulling my
2X2 SSB signal out of the mud. Thanks, Dave!
He was using an EFHW, so I made the contact using the W3EDP. He wasn't even
audible on the Butternut vertical.
72 de Larry W2LJ
QRP - When you care to send the very least!