Old March 9th 21, 06:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,uk.radio.amateur,free.uk.amateur-radio

Default [M0IAX] 2M Simplex

M0IAX

2M Simplex

https://m0iax.com/2021/03/09/2m-simplex/

Where we live on #Exmoor even a routine trip to the shop can be great with
views like this.

Weve been here a few weeks now and today was the first time we could go out
anywhere without breaking some draconian law so we stopped for a few
minutes on the way back from Dulverton at the top of Winsford Hill 426m ASL
and I had a QSO with GW1CUQ 30 or so miles away near Cardiff 2M simplex FM.

This spot is one the way to our closest reasonable sized shop and the
doctors surgery etc so we will pass this way regularly. Its just a few
miles from home so I may walk here for some portable operation later in the
year.

Theres definitely going to be a video featuring the IC-705 and Surface Go 2
and one of my portable antenna systems out here when we can get out
properly.

73

Mark

Winlink/VARA HF Settings IC-705 and Icom Remote software

https://m0iax.com/2021/03/09/winlink...mote-software/

If you followed my previous posts and set up the Icom Remote utility the
you are now well on your way to wirelessly connected operation of your Icom
IC-705, so you will now be setting up client software to use the radio.

In this post I will share the settings for Winlink Email with VARA HF
modem. There are not many settings the key ones are the COM Port for CI-V
and Sound Device.

Winlink Settings for IC-705

First VARA HF Winlink Radio Settings.

Ive selected Icom 7300 as the radio model, this radio uses the same or
similar CI-V commands as the 705.

Icom Address which is the CI-V address should be set to A4.

If I remember correctly the remaining settings here are as default.

VARA HF Modem Soundcard Settings

In the VARA HF Soundcard settings we just need to select the ICOM Virtual
Audio device, this is the only setting I updated.

Using the above settings my winlink email works perfectly using the radio
over HF.

Hope this helps

73

Mark, M0IAX