Old September 19th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,ba.broadcast
JC JC is offline

Default Air America Goes Bankrupt

JC wrote:

Otherwise, George Bush, the
most competent president since Herbert Hoover

I bet I have to explain this, too. I, like
most pinko leftist West Coast tax-and-spend
liberals, regard Herbert Hoover as one of the
worst presidents, exeeded in incompetence by his
predecessor Calvin Coolidge who was
exceeded only by his predecessor,
Warren G. Harding.

And two of them have Bay Area connections.
Hoover was from Palo Alto. Harding died in
San Francisco, supposedly in the same
room as an earlier king of Tonga. (*)

So, it's relevant to the "ba" in ba.broadcast.
But how is it relevant to "broadcast"?
Well, now you'll understand a snide reference
that someone in the media makes. Probably
someone on NPR or Bernie Ward.

--
(*) I tried to find a reference to the king
on the Web, but it turns out to come from

Old September 19th 06, 09:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,ba.broadcast

JC wrote:

And two of them have Bay Area connections.
Hoover was from Palo Alto.

*Herbert Hoover*
Born in an Iowa village in 1874, he grew up in Oregon.

I am about as liberal as you can get without going to jail, but I must
disagree with your assessment of HH. He was a decent, honest man who had
accomplished great things before he became president. He was blindsided
by the depression, as was everyone else. FDR (Who is the 2nd greatest
president, after George Washington.) was also at a loss, but was willing
to try anything hoping something would work. Harry Truman (another great
president) rehabilitated HH by calling him back to government service
and by renaming Boulder Dam after him. I agree with your
characterization of HH's predecessors, but suggest you take another look
at HH, he was a great man. (He also organized the first Cal - Stanford
football game.)
phil

Old September 18th 06, 11:20 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,ba.broadcast

On 2006-09-17 10:15:21 -0700, "Mike Reslon" said:

Only George Soros's dollars have kept the lights on at
Air America. The wackos from the far looney left have been
unable to sell their lies and trash to the American public.
Air American announced total bankruptcy last week.
Maybe they could hire Dan Rather, Michael Moore, or
Rosie O'Donnell to save them. The Democrat party is
totally devoid of any ideas, save for their extremist leftist
psycho-babble.

And your statement, Mike, isn't psycho-babble from the right?

If so, his quad blew the other three channels.