Old November 13th 06, 05:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

Default FCC took 11 meters from Hams and gave it to CB'ers.

"ken scharf" wrote in message
.. .
At the time "CB" in the 27mhz region made sense because UHF equipment
was too expensive to build for the masses. That's no longer true. The
FCC should eliminate the 27 mhz CB service before the start of the next
sunspot cycle and force everyone there to move to UHF.

I like your reasoning, although realistically they'd have to have a
well-publicized program to do so that would most likely have various
"deadlines" that would get pushed back a few times before really having any
meaning (just as the switch to broadcast HDTV has done!) I'd expect that
equpiment manufacturers would -- for a time -- be building dual-band radios.

Given how "abused" FRS and GMRS are anyway, perhaps the FCC could just drop
the GMRS licensing requirement and pretty much be done with it!

One of CB's
biggest problems was interference from 'skip' (DX), and it is illegal to
work DX stations anyway.

Really -- I didn't know that (the part about it being illegal)! Seems a
little silly to me...

---Joel

Old November 14th 06, 12:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.homebrew,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.swap

wrote:
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 09:40:54 -0800, "Joel Kolstad"
wrote:

"ken scharf" wrote in message
.. .
At the time "CB" in the 27mhz region made sense because UHF equipment
was too expensive to build for the masses. That's no longer true. The
FCC should eliminate the 27 mhz CB service before the start of the next
sunspot cycle and force everyone there to move to UHF.

I like your reasoning, although realistically they'd have to have a
well-publicized program to do so that would most likely have various
"deadlines" that would get pushed back a few times before really having any
meaning (just as the switch to broadcast HDTV has done!) I'd expect that
equpiment manufacturers would -- for a time -- be building dual-band radios.

get that band back for Ham use is simply imposible too many rigs out
there
Given how "abused" FRS and GMRS are anyway, perhaps the FCC could just drop
the GMRS licensing requirement and pretty much be done with it!

One of CB's
biggest problems was interference from 'skip' (DX), and it is illegal to
work DX stations anyway.

Really -- I didn't know that (the part about it being illegal)! Seems a
little silly to me...

indeed it is ilegal to make a contact more than 150 miles away from
you a rule I have broeken without trying near the top of the last
cycle with a a mag mount on AM was living near springfield IL
mentioned the town springfield someone came back refered to roads that
don't exist so yes I have broken that rule and was techinal subjec to
a serve fine becuase the FCC tried to rewrie the laws of physics

it makes it difcult for me to be too critcal of breaking other of the
rules when the rules are so hard to take seriously
---Joel

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

That arrangement of words comes nearest the most logic, reason and
formed thought I believe ever sprang forth from your keyboard.

JS

FCC took 11 meters from Hams and gave it to CB'ers. Slow Code Antenna 31 November 14th 06 12:52 AM
FCC took 11 meters from Hams and gave it to CB'ers. Slow Code Homebrew 31 November 14th 06 12:52 AM
New ARRL Proposal N2EY Policy 331 March 4th 04 12:02 AM
No!!! Do Hams get 11 Meters Back Twistedhed CB 0 November 20th 03 06:17 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #629 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 October 5th 03 09:32 PM