Old January 18th 07, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default One way to promote learning of code ...

From: on Thurs, Jan 18 2007 3:42 am

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Len did "write" in Ham Radio, an amateur publication.

ham radio was a professional publication about amateur radio.

A publication about amateur radio can be called "an amateur
publication." See above.

Sigh...Heil is once more into his infamous
Personality Diatribes...all because no one
wants to honor, love, and respect his "Only
Moresemen Amateur Extras KNOW What Is Good
For (THEIR version of) Amateur Radio."

Did Len write "amateur", hot-ham-and-cheese?

He did not write amateurishly.

That wasn't the only publication I've written
for (and received monetary compensation), but
he hasn't bothered to find out. In addition,
I've received compensation from HR in EDITING
material...which requires a lot of technical
work other than wordsmithing for a technical
periodical.

Editors and publishers of national printed
periodicals in the USA have always been
professional in their work...still are. It
was never in the amateurish appearance of
some Internet Blogs.

Len is all about rank,
title and status--when it is his rank, title or status.

You are fond of stating that Len has no rank, title, or status in
amateur radio. You are correct. Jim is mistaken.

Jim came up with some apropos titles for Leonard.

Len has no titles in amateur radio.

Quite true. But, Heil is a High-Rate-Code-Tested
Amateur-Extra (and not hesitant to tell everyone
about that...along with being a "Mr. Dx" in actually
being DX).

What Heil must mean by "earned titles" is
Miccolis' hateful little "profile" of me, done
in Miccolis' spite when he wasn't loved, honored,
and respected for his mighty macho morsemanship.

Leonard has earned them.

Len has earned no titles in amateur radio.

No amateur license, no amateur titles, no amateur
rank, no amateur status.

But...Heil cannot understand that licensing in
amateur radio does NOT make one "expert" on ANY
radio subject. All that an amateur license
conveys is the AUTHORIZATION to emit RF in
certain amateur radio frequency bands.

Heil - like the other self-defined "radio
experts" in here - misuses the word
'qualification' in trying to substitute it
for the Federal AUTHORIZATION of the amateur
radio license. He has frequently made that
mistake...but his ego won't let him admit it.

I've often written that Leonard H. Anderson is not a participant
in amateur radio.

Quiteoften.

Oh, my, Heil is STILL trying to put that one over.
Tsk.

Unless there's been a federal government revolution
in the last few seconds (that I'm not aware of),
there is NO LICENSE REQUIRED to communicate with
the US federal government about ANY federal
law or regulation. None. Nada. Nyet. It is a
guarantee of the US Constitution.

The on-going MAJOR subject in this newsgroup has
been the morse code test regulation for an amateur
radio license. Unless one spends the majority of
their time in TAKING morse code tests, that
regulation subject does NOT require "participation"
either with or without amateur radio licensing.

Heil is trying to make some emotional baggage
out of the "lack of an amateur radio license" but
keeps failing to use the right material and he
can't make his stitches proper. I've had a
COMMERCIAL radio operator license since
1956 and that is still in effect. I've been a
professional in radio-electronics for 55 years
and have worked with more modes in
communications and over a wider part of the
EM spectrum than has ever been allocated to
radio amateurs.

What Heil is really trying to do is denigrate
and demean anyone who is/was against HIS views
and opinions. So, without trying to be overt
about his hate of those whom he thinks has
"bested him" in this newsgroup, he manufactures
faulty denigrations and general demeaning
"charges" of impropriety.

That's not unusual. Miccolis has done the same.
Both wanted to WIN for "their side." They LOST.
When FCC 06-178 becomes legal, both will have
LOST their rank-status-title thing in amateur
radio as faithful followers of morsemanship.
They both tried to use that in their self-defined
description of themselves, implying that they
were "better" than others. BFD.

Old January 18th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
From:
on Thurs, Jan 18 2007 3:42 am

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Len did "write" in Ham Radio, an amateur publication.

ham radio was a professional publication about amateur radio.

A publication about amateur radio can be called "an amateur
publication." See above.

Sigh...Heil is once more into his infamous
Personality Diatribes...all because no one
wants to honor, love, and respect his "Only
Moresemen Amateur Extras KNOW What Is Good
For (THEIR version of) Amateur Radio."

He trips himself, then cries foul.

Did Len write "amateur", hot-ham-and-cheese?

He did not write amateurishly.

That wasn't the only publication I've written
for (and received monetary compensation), but
he hasn't bothered to find out. In addition,
I've received compensation from HR in EDITING
material...which requires a lot of technical
work other than wordsmithing for a technical
periodical.

Editors and publishers of national printed
periodicals in the USA have always been
professional in their work...still are. It
was never in the amateurish appearance of
some Internet Blogs.

Meanwhile Dave continues to play Spelling Cop on RRAP, uncompensated,
of course.

Len is all about rank,
title and status--when it is his rank, title or status.

You are fond of stating that Len has no rank, title, or status in
amateur radio. You are correct. Jim is mistaken.

Jim came up with some apropos titles for Leonard.

Len has no titles in amateur radio.

Quite true. But, Heil is a High-Rate-Code-Tested
Amateur-Extra (and not hesitant to tell everyone
about that...along with being a "Mr. Dx" in actually
being DX).

But wait, there's more... Heil is an ARRL A1A Operator.

What Heil must mean by "earned titles" is
Miccolis' hateful little "profile" of me, done
in Miccolis' spite when he wasn't loved, honored,
and respected for his mighty macho morsemanship.

It's really a shame that some folks can't handle a little bit of
disagreement.

Leonard has earned them.

Len has earned no titles in amateur radio.

No amateur license, no amateur titles, no amateur
rank, no amateur status.

Now Heil will argue that you must have some amateur standing...

But...Heil cannot understand that licensing in
amateur radio does NOT make one "expert" on ANY
radio subject. All that an amateur license
conveys is the AUTHORIZATION to emit RF in
certain amateur radio frequency bands.

Have you seen the "Col Jessup" remark? Heil says "casual CW operation"
and I asked if there were any other kind.

Heil - like the other self-defined "radio
experts" in here - misuses the word
'qualification' in trying to substitute it
for the Federal AUTHORIZATION of the amateur
radio license. He has frequently made that
mistake...but his ego won't let him admit it.

He just might be the first software designed amateur... notice his
frequent punctuation outside the quotation marks.

I've often written that Leonard H. Anderson is not a participant
in amateur radio.

Quiteoften.

Oh, my, Heil is STILL trying to put that one over.
Tsk.

I almost "get it" at this point. Could he say it just one more time so
I can verify?

Unless there's been a federal government revolution
in the last few seconds (that I'm not aware of),
there is NO LICENSE REQUIRED to communicate with
the US federal government about ANY federal
law or regulation. None. Nada. Nyet. It is a
guarantee of the US Constitution.

You're skating on thin ice, Mister!

The on-going MAJOR subject in this newsgroup has
been the morse code test regulation for an amateur
radio license. Unless one spends the majority of
their time in TAKING morse code tests, that
regulation subject does NOT require "participation"
either with or without amateur radio licensing.

Heil is trying to make some emotional baggage
out of the "lack of an amateur radio license" but
keeps failing to use the right material and he
can't make his stitches proper. I've had a
COMMERCIAL radio operator license since
1956 and that is still in effect. I've been a
professional in radio-electronics for 55 years
and have worked with more modes in
communications and over a wider part of the
EM spectrum than has ever been allocated to
radio amateurs.

Welp, we've got some folks in amateur radio "exploring" spark
transmissions.

What Heil is really trying to do is denigrate
and demean anyone who is/was against HIS views
and opinions. So, without trying to be overt
about his hate of those whom he thinks has
"bested him" in this newsgroup, he manufactures
faulty denigrations and general demeaning
"charges" of impropriety.

Jim? Him, too.

That's not unusual. Miccolis has done the same.

Ah, yes.

Both wanted to WIN for "their side." They LOST.
When FCC 06-178 becomes legal, both will have
LOST their rank-status-title thing in amateur
radio as faithful followers of morsemanship.

Next, we will work on the "One Amateur Radio, One Amateur Radio
License" theme. They're gonna hate it si it's imperative that the
group go moderated...

They both tried to use that in their self-defined
description of themselves, implying that they
were "better" than others. BFD.

They almost got it right... They're no better than everyone else.

Old January 18th 07, 11:17 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
thinks about his rank-title-status and decides he
is "better than anybody" who can't do as "good" as
himself.
Well, Len, the way you write here indicates that
you think you're better than everybody ;-)
I don't see how. Len has no amateur rank-title-status...

Actually he does:

His rank as an amateur is "Pre-Beginner"

His title is "Kibitzer"

His status is "Inactive"

So Len will achieve neophyte status once if ever he should obtain a license?

No.

If Len were to obtain a license, set up an amateur station and get it
on the air, he could change his "Inactive" status to "Slightly Active",
"Moderately Active" or "Very Active"

Welp, when we get to one amateur license for the ARS, we can measure
the ham by what he/she does, not by some false title "earned" by how
fast they can emulate a modem.

Yet the way he writes, he thinks he's better than everyone and
anyone in amateur radio.

That has long been evident. Amateur radio makes Leonard angry. The
ARRL makes Len angry. The idea that some radio ham knows more about a
topic than him, makes Leonard angry.

Yep, he sure botched the distance to the moon a way back.

And a lot more things. For example, having someone he considers
inferior correct some
of his mistakes makes Len angry.

I recall the time he worked out of band Frenchmen on Six Meters. What
a blunder that was.

Len has problems with authority,
seniority, titles, the Morse Code (and those who use it) and with mere
amateurs who do something for the love of it.

Also the inclusion of children in amateur radio, changes in real estate
zoning initiated by those he considers outsiders, civilians daring to
comment or even be knowledgeable about military history....the list
goes on and on.

Like the time he flauted the necessity of having an amateur license at
all and set up his own spark gap transmitter - then blamed it on the
Scouts!

Hi, hi, what an idiot!

That's what makes it all the more peculiar. Len likes to tell us that
he is a PROFESSIONAL writer and that he did BIG TIME radio over a half
century back. Did you know that Len belongs to the IEEE?

Really? ;-) I suppose some folks could have missed that, the first
couple of
hundred times he mentioned it.

I figured that there were people who might have missed that or the story
of Len's "BIG TIME" in HF radio. For a guy who doesn't need status, Len
certainly takes every opportunity to remind us of his status.

That's not status - that's title.

Whatever are you discussing??? Please stick to amateur radio topics,
please.

Most of all, Len thinks his experiences of long ago in non-amateur
radio
should cause everyone in amateur radio to respect, honor and agree with
him - regardless of how he behaves. Regardless of their own experience,
education, knowledge and skills, all amateurs should yield to and
support
Len's opinions over all others, never disagreeing with him or pointing
out
his errors of fact or logic.

That pretty well sums it up. Have you noticed that every time I bring
up Len's sphincter post, he goes silent for a period? He has never
acknowledged it as a bald-faced whopper.

You have to read that post carefully. I don't think Len ever mentions
that
*he* was on the receiving end of an artillery barrage. He just mentions

what allegedly happens to all sphincters in the area.

So, Jim, what's it like? You're the expert on all things military
(except for whatever Robesin happens to be saying at the moment).

He likewise clammed up when I
pointed out his denigration of a fellow military veteran (me),

Not just you. The sphincters post was aimed at a US Coast Guard radio
operator,
whose experience as a *military Morse Code radio operator* is both
infinitely more extensive and far more recent than Len's.

And mine. I've never been a Coastie nor a Math Lecturer at a
University.

There's also his denigration of your nonmilitary Government service.

Only the parts that were patently absurd.

yet he is
quick to wrap himself in bunting, mount the soapbox and rail against any
perceived slight to himself as a military veteran.

Any disagreement to his statements is considered an insult by Len.

When did the subject switch to Robesin?

Len is a riddle,
wrapped in an enigma and dipped in red, white and blue.

No, not a riddle or an enigma.

I have him pegged as an angry old guy who happened to choose amateur
radio as his target.

Actually, rereading all of this makes me feel kinda sad for Len. Here's
a guy
who insists on telling us how wonderful his life is and has been (after
all,
he bought that R-70 receiver new for CASH) but seems very angry much
of the time.

He does?

He says he's interested in "all of radio-electronics" as a "hobby",
and has spammed ECFS with hundreds of pages of verbiage, but has never
become a ham. (He says he comments for altruistic reasons.) Despite his
efforts, FCC will
soon eliminate the Morse Code test - yet Len's anger continues and even
grows.

Tomorrow it will be seven years since the classic "out of the box"
post.

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

73 de Jim, N2EY

You thinks? That should be a whole nother thread...

Old January 18th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
From:
(Michael Black) on Sun, Jan 14 2007
Most of the ready-built "CW" or SSB HF transceivers in use
today do that sort of keying. Major reason is keeping the
PA at the same bias for all modes selected; makes for a
simpler mode selection control.

I believe you've made another of your factual errors, Leonard.

Collins used to use this method in the KWM-2A. Unfortunately, the
company used a 1375 Hz tone--too high for anything but casual CW use.

"Casual CW use???"

Yeah, casual CW use. There are some folks who use CW occasionally.

There just might be. But the frequency that CW is used is not the same
thing as "casual use."

Len didn't know what the term meant. I defined it for him. Now you'd
like to tell me what I meant.

You have defined nothing.

Oh, I defined it. You have understood nothing.

I see no definition.

The
KWM-2A's scheme might be okay for some of those who are casual CW ops.
The KWM-2A offered no RIT and no CW filters. Go figure.
Good thing the OT's have never drooled over a KWM2.
Lots of folks wanted a KWM-2A. It was a good SSB rig. I know of no
individual who bought one for primary use on CW.

Who would have thought that SSB would be that popular?

As Colonel Jessup would say, "Is there any other kind?"

Yes, Colonel Jessup, there is another kind.

Its all hobby use.

I think you'd better do your reading. Not all CW operation is for hobby
use, hot-ham-and-cheese.

Sorry Dave, Amateur Use IS Hobby Use.

Will this be one of those things where, in several months, you'll state
that I wrote the above?

Do you want me to?

See Len's statement above about the
transceivers manufactured. See if you can find where he says anything
about "amateur use". Not all CW operation is done for hobby use.

So amateur use is not hobby use?

today certainly CW as once used seriously but harly in what 50 years
I've never operated CW from a Harley.
Is there an ARRL special interest group for those with your talents, a
certificate suitable for framing?
There are all kinds of special interest groups and all sorts of
certificates and plaques. Some come from the ARRL.

Congrats on membership in a niche club.

I've never been one to limit myself to a niche, hot-ham-and-cheese. I
operate contests; I chase DX, I enjoy a good ragchew; I handle traffic;
I use 160 meters. I use 6 & 2m and 70cm. I use SSB, CW, AM, FM and
several digital modes.

And a while back you were to have us believe that ragchewing was not
something that a DXer engaged in, or that an IOTA contest would not
bring out any new DX contacts. Now you're mister generalist...

Yeh. Morse Code is like a way-back time machine transporter for some
of these guys.

Are the three of you trying some sort of "Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest" routine?

There is only one of me.

Look up the page and note that all three of you have made your comments.

I see you in the attribute history.

You can be "Dumber".

Your punctuation syntax is incorrect. Does that make you "Dumbest," or
just incapable of leadership?

Now you all have rank, title and a certain notorious status.

I am responsible for my comments. You are responsible for yours.

I'm comfortable with that.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old January 18th 07, 11:29 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
From:
on Thurs, Jan 18 2007 3:12 am

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

So Len will achieve neophyte status once if ever he should obtain a license?

No.

That is correct. I am not a "neophyte" in radio.
I've been a professional in radio-electronics for
55 years, had a Commercial radio operator license
since 1956, a PLMRS radio station, membership (now
Life status) in a professional association, and
have been both contributor and associate editor for
an amateur radio periodical.

And you've run that brag tape here many, many, many times.

If Len were to obtain a license, set up an amateur station and get it
on the air, he could change his "Inactive" status to "Slightly Active",
"Moderately Active" or "Very Active"

is WRONG.

How? Look at the various choices for "status" - they describe the level
of activity in amateur radio. You are currently Inactive.

All that a US amateur radio
license grant to me would convey only the
AUTHORIZATION to emit RF within allocated
amateur radio bands.

Actually if would grant more than that.

AUTHORIZATION from the
federal government, not "qualification" nor
any "inactive" or "active" labels. One either
has authorization or no authorization.

You have neither authorization nor qualification as a radio amateur,
Len.
So your status in amateur radio is "Inactive".

Yet the way he writes, he thinks he's better than everyone and
anyone in amateur radio.

That has long been evident.

Tsk...only to prissy little pedants like

trying to market their "expertise in
amateurism" as some kind of royal title. :-)

It's evident in most of your postings here, Len.

Amateur radio makes Leonard angry.

is WRONG.

You're quoting K8MN, Len.

But, to his mind, morse code and
amteurism are all one and the same (another mistaken
notion) and it makes HIM "angry" that his desires
aren't obeyed. shrug

"amteurism"? Did you mean "aneurysm", Len?

The fact is that you're the one who is angry, not me.
You fly off the handle for all sorts of reasons. I don't.

The ARRL makes Len angry.

is WRONG.

You're quoting K8MN, Len.

The ARRL is very good at what
it does.

And that makes you very angry, Len.

It has succeeded in making many, many
amateurs think that a small group in New England
Knows What Is Best For Amateur Radio.

Actually, that's not true at all.

The policies of the ARRL are decided by the Board of Directors,
who are from all over the USA, not just New England.

They play
to the wish-fulfillment of radio hobbyists who
want to more than just hobbyists.

??

"who want to more than just hobbyists."

What the heck does that mean?

They have
succeeded in becoming a virtual monopoly of
published material for the specialty niche of
US amateur radio.

Really?

I guess the folks at CQ, Worldradio, Electric Radio, AWA and bunch of
other publishers don't count with you, Len.

I admire them for their
sheer chutzpah and ability to stay in BUSINESS
as a multi-million-dollar-a-year (reported
income) publishers.

Sounds like you're jealous, Len.

Ever been to Newington? I have. Got a tour and operated W1AW.
In fact I brought my favorite radiotelegraph key with me and used
it there.

Great place, great folks.

If you get a license, and went there, they'd let you operate W1AW, too.

I do NOT LIKE their approach of idolizing either
archaic technology or the (self-defined by them)
"leaders" of US amateur radio.

What "idolizing of archaic technology", Len? Have you
actually read any of their current publications?

The ARRL is losing
its "touch" and membership is slowly falling, not
close to keeping up with the change in US
population.

Really? How about in comparison with the US amateur population?

The ARRL gives the impression that
is shuns the Technician class licensee which now
makes up half of ALL US amateur radio licensees.

I guess you haven't read any current ARRL publications, then, because
that's simply not the case.

The idea that some radio ham knows more about a
topic than him, makes Leonard angry.

And a lot more things. For example, having someone he considers
inferior correct some of his mistakes makes Len angry.

are both WRONG.

Your behavior here tells a very different story, Len.

Your behavior here shows how easily you are angered by
those you consider to be your inferiors - which is almost
everyone.

By their common
implication THEY are "better" than others...which
just compounds their wrongness.

What implication, Len?

Len has problems with authority,
seniority, titles, the Morse Code (and those who use it) and with mere
amateurs who do something for the love of it.

Also the inclusion of children in amateur radio, changes in real estate
zoning initiated by those he considers outsiders, civilians daring to
comment or even be knowledgeable about military history....the list
goes on and on.

Yes, as a matter of fact. :-)

Now you're beginning to see the truth about yourself, Len.

You got a problem with that?

Your anger is your problem, Len. Your display of it here just makes
you look immature.

That's what makes it all the more peculiar. Len likes to tell us that
he is a PROFESSIONAL writer and that he did BIG TIME radio over a half
century back. Did you know that Len belongs to the IEEE?

Really? ;-) I suppose some folks could have missed that, the first
couple of hundred times he mentioned it.

I figured that there were people who might have missed that or the story
of Len's "BIG TIME" in HF radio. For a guy who doesn't need status, Len
certainly takes every opportunity to remind us of his status.

That's not status - that's title.

are both WRONG again. It was my LIFE
EXPERIENCE is all.

Which you repeat here so many times that it has become a title.

I voluntarily joined the United
States ARMY in 1952 and lucked-out on my service
assignment by being sent to the third largest Army
network communications station in 1953.

And you were part of a team of how many *hundred* others?
(Those others are rarely if ever mentioned in your descriptions
here).

volunteered for the USAF, quite possibly (like so
many) trying to avoid the Draft and "served in a country
at war."

Were all volunteers trying to avoid the draft, Len?

Or could it be that someone who volunteers for the US Air Force,
Coast Guard, Navy or Marines wanted to serve our country, or
learn a skill, or get some "life experience"?

says NOTHING in detail of his duties or
involvement in radio in the USAF...probably because,
truth be told (by other than himself), he was a REMF.

Len, one thing I have noticed about military veterans is that
many of them *don't* mention their military experiences at
every possible opportunity. I'm no expert, but I have found
that many of those who were in actual combat don't talk about
it easily or lightly.

There is no obligation for any military veteran to tell you of
their military experiences, Len. Particularly considering how
you react to them.

You have to read that post carefully. I don't think Len ever mentions
that *he* was on the receiving end of an artillery barrage. He just mentions
what allegedly happens to all sphincters in the area.

That was as I was told by other soldiers who WERE in
actual combat. Those whose words I could believe were
true.

Ah....so you *weren't* actually there!

But...the "critics" who dwell and dwell on
their "sphincter knowledge" imply that they "KNOW"
what the real truth is...WITHOUT having their own
experience as a baseline.
In other words, both
are truly bull****ting everyone
with their "knowledge of battle." :-)

I've never claimed any such knowledge, Len.

CITE YOUR MILITARY EXPERIENCE to say
I was "wrong." You just don't have any such, do you?

I'm not the one describing what it's like to be on the receiving
end of an artillery barrage, Len. You are.

In fact, you made that classic "sphincters post" in a response
to a United States Coast Guard radio operator who related his
actual experiences at a USCG radio station. As if your
non-experience trumped his actual experience.

Strange behavior on your part, Len.

There's also his denigration of your nonmilitary Government service.

One is "supposed" to "always respect" the United
States Department of State?!? guffaw Not
for me since George C. Marshall retired. Maybe
with Colin Powell but he saw what the bush league
was doing and quit.

One is "supposed" to "always respect" a posting to
a small African country consulate post, a country
whose main export is cashew nuts?

One is "supposed" to "always respect" a State
radio officer for "using CW to synchronize his
RTTY skeds" in the 1980s? :-)

You don't show any respect, Len.

ANY military veteran "earned
their chops" to talk to ANOTHER veteran.

That's not the point, Len. Not the point at all.

You want to make
nasty to someone by ruler-spanking their "behavior
to another vet," you better EARN THE RIGHT to do
that.

Says who, Len? It's called "freedom of speech" and "telling the truth".

Is that not allowed?

Any disagreement to his statements is considered an insult by Len.

Tsk.

are both WRONG again.

But, both are of a mindset that THEY are somehow
"superior" in all respects and that their amateur
radio license (amateur extra, gained when 20 WPM
testing was in effect) gives them "authorization"
for behaving like "superior" beings. :-)

Actually, rereading all of this makes me feel kinda sad for Len.

Poor baby. Got tissues?

Here's a guy who insists on telling us how wonderful his life is and has been (after
all, he bought that R-70 receiver new for CASH) but seems very angry much
of the time.

is once again WRONG. [is there no end to
his mistakes?]

What mistakes?

All in all, I've been fortunate in life.

Aw geez, here we go *again*

Not
overly so but enough for me. I've made some money
doing what I like, but no longer need to work to
keep a nice lifestyle. My wife is my high school
sweetheart (really, a fact known to our classmates
after our 50th high school reunion in 2001). I
began in radio communications at a large Army
radio station and that experience led me to change
majors to electronic engineering. No mortgage on
our house down south, none on the northern house.

So, I could pay cash for an Icom radio two decades
ago? No problem. I earned every penny of that cash.
Wife and I bought a 2005 Chevy Malibu MAXX cash
(actually on a credit card!).

You sure don't seem very happy, though, Len.

You seem angry and defensive.

I don't consider
that as any kind of "superiority."

You sure seem to - you mention it over and over and over....

We both worked
for our money, earning all of it. The purchase via
credit card was a lark, something we could do...so
we did it! You really ought to make some insult
hay out of that...wow, must be some moral deficit
to you to actually spend money for anything! :-)

It's irrelevant, Len.

If I earn and spend more money per year than you do, Len,
does that make me a better person than you?

Does it make my opinions on amateur radio policy more valid?

He says he's interested in "all of radio-electronics" as a "hobby",
and has spammed ECFS with hundreds of pages of verbiage, but has never
become a ham.

Hello? Did you miss my "hundreds of postings" about
my First 'Phone Commercial license obtained in 1956?

Who could miss them, Len?

That was 50 years ago,

AFTER I'd been
three years active military service at Army station
ADA. Of WHAT PURPOSE would there be in "getting a
ham license before becoming professional?" Besides
the fun of having that hobby?

Tsk, I guess having an amateur radio license is NOT
fun...it is something all have to work for...harder
than anything they've done in life? It's a "service
to the country" that ham hobby?

Oh, If I'd become a butcher, I would certainly have
gotten a ham license...which includes a beef license
and a fish license and all other good stuff
regulated by the FDA and LA Health Department. :-)

(He says he comments for altruistic reasons.) Despite his
efforts, FCC will
soon eliminate the Morse Code test - yet Len's anger continues and even
grows.

Ho ho!

is once again WRONG! [no end
for his mistakes in sight...] Not only WRONG but
FULL OF ****. [take some Ex-Lax, ]

Your anger continues and grows, Len.

You sure don't act like someone who is happy and content.

"Despite my efforts" the FCC announced FCC 06-178?!?

Yep.

Wow, poor

got all tangled up in his thinking.

Hundreds and hundreds of US commented to the FCC
about ENDING the code test for an amateur radio
license. Really. It must have convinced the FCC.

Hundreds more commented against it.

It sure as hell didn't convince the pro-coders. :-)

See? You can't handle disagreement with your opinions.
Makes you angry.

Pro-coders can continue on their mistaken belief
that they do a national service by having amateur
radio as a hobby...or being "all" involved in
emergency communications...and being some kind of
forefront of "homeland security" by being able to
pound brass. They are keeping the "tradition" of
archaic radiotelegraphy as a living museum of old
radio. I am sooooo impressed......[not]

"Anger?!" I don't think so [he said grinning from
ear to ear]. Accuse me of GLOATING, not "anger."

You're angry - it's very clear. The immaturity of your behavior
gets more apparent with the years.

All those years of hearing the pseudo-experts of
radio with their amateur license extoll the glory
and majesty of morsemanship and how "all must WORK
(at morsemanship) to show their 'dedication' to
ham radio!" Wow! All that going down the tubes!

How?

it's time you invited your "friends and
neighbors" over so they can "admire your work."
You obviously need some TLC after that hangover.
[from drinking all that whine of sour grapes]

Damn, but this GLOATING feels GOOD! :-)

You have an odd way of showing it.

Seven years tomorrow, Len.

Old January 19th 07, 01:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:
On 18 Jan 2007 14:59:34 -0800,
wrote:

an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Jim came up with some apropos titles for Leonard.

Len has no titles in amateur radio.

at this time we can hope that will change

It could. We're still a free country, and there's no longer a Morse
Code gulag...

he is also BTW violated the RULES for the NEW proposed NG as did Dave

Clarify, please.

personal attacks and name calling are barred at least in theory

Yes, yes. True. Hopefully, the moderation sword swings both ways.
We'll see.

Leonard has earned
them.

Len has earned no titles in amateur radio.

I've often written that Leonard H. Anderson is not a participant
in amateur radio.

Quiteoften.

It was true the first time that I wrote it and it is
true today.

Like I said, you are correct. Jim is mistaken.

and I will will do continue to do anything to avoid simply admitting to
it

Welp, I think I'm going to try to get into the new group and beat the
drum of "One Amateur Radio, One Amateur Radio License." Jim had his
heart set on "more license classes" when we had five of them. I'm
going to see what I can do about making it one license class, or at
worst, one full class, and one learners class.

agreed one or classes is all we need

Agreed. And being a proponent of one license class will always be on
topic in a policy newsgroup.

Old January 19th 07, 01:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From:
on Thurs, Jan 18 2007 3:42 am

Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Len did "write" in Ham Radio, an amateur publication.

ham radio was a professional publication about amateur radio.

A publication about amateur radio can be called "an amateur
publication." See above.

Sigh...Heil is once more into his infamous
Personality Diatribes...all because no one
wants to honor, love, and respect his "Only
Moresemen Amateur Extras KNOW What Is Good
For (THEIR version of) Amateur Radio."

He trips himself, then cries foul.

Problem is, he no got them referee stripes! :-)

Did Len write "amateur", hot-ham-and-cheese?

He did not write amateurishly.

That wasn't the only publication I've written
for (and received monetary compensation), but
he hasn't bothered to find out. In addition,
I've received compensation from HR in EDITING
material...which requires a lot of technical
work other than wordsmithing for a technical
periodical.

Editors and publishers of national printed
periodicals in the USA have always been
professional in their work...still are. It
was never in the amateurish appearance of
some Internet Blogs.

Meanwhile Dave continues to play Spelling Cop on RRAP, uncompensated,
of course.

Don't forget Jimmie NOserve and his transgender Sister Nun of
the Above ruler-spanking act! :-)

Len is all about rank,
title and status--when it is his rank, title or status.

You are fond of stating that Len has no rank, title, or status in
amateur radio. You are correct. Jim is mistaken.

Jim came up with some apropos titles for Leonard.

Len has no titles in amateur radio.

Quite true. But, Heil is a High-Rate-Code-Tested
Amateur-Extra (and not hesitant to tell everyone
about that...along with being a "Mr. Dx" in actually
being DX).

But wait, there's more... Heil is an ARRL A1A Operator.

Wow! I'm impressed..........[not]

What Heil must mean by "earned titles" is
Miccolis' hateful little "profile" of me, done
in Miccolis' spite when he wasn't loved, honored,
and respected for his mighty macho morsemanship.

It's really a shame that some folks can't handle a little bit of
disagreement.

True. Shows their immaturity.

Leonard has earned them.

Len has earned no titles in amateur radio.

No amateur license, no amateur titles, no amateur
rank, no amateur status.

Now Heil will argue that you must have some amateur standing...

Heil is like the farmer: Out standing in his field...

But...Heil cannot understand that licensing in
amateur radio does NOT make one "expert" on ANY
radio subject. All that an amateur license
conveys is the AUTHORIZATION to emit RF in
certain amateur radio frequency bands.

Have you seen the "Col Jessup" remark? Heil says "casual CW operation"
and I asked if there were any other kind.

Any moment now he will blurt out "YOU CAN'T HANDLE
THE TRUTH!!" Then the MPs come and drag him out of
court under arrest...

Heil - like the other self-defined "radio
experts" in here - misuses the word
'qualification' in trying to substitute it
for the Federal AUTHORIZATION of the amateur
radio license. He has frequently made that
mistake...but his ego won't let him admit it.

He just might be the first software designed amateur... notice his
frequent punctuation outside the quotation marks.

"SDA?" Acronym doesn't have any ring to it...:-(

Just the same he doesn't show the Signs of Leadership!

I've often written that Leonard H. Anderson is not a participant
in amateur radio.

Quiteoften.

Oh, my, Heil is STILL trying to put that one over.
Tsk.

I almost "get it" at this point. Could he say it just one more time so
I can verify?

Tsk, Heil can be one VERY stubborn dum****, and still doesn't
understand why so many call him a prick.

Unless there's been a federal government revolution
in the last few seconds (that I'm not aware of),
there is NO LICENSE REQUIRED to communicate with
the US federal government about ANY federal
law or regulation. None. Nada. Nyet. It is a
guarantee of the US Constitution.

You're skating on thin ice, Mister!

Well, I expect the federales will come knocking on my
door any moment...called here on the "authority" of
some PCTA. Yawn...

The on-going MAJOR subject in this newsgroup has
been the morse code test regulation for an amateur
radio license. Unless one spends the majority of
their time in TAKING morse code tests, that
regulation subject does NOT require "participation"
either with or without amateur radio licensing.

Heil is trying to make some emotional baggage
out of the "lack of an amateur radio license" but
keeps failing to use the right material and he
can't make his stitches proper. I've had a
COMMERCIAL radio operator license since
1956 and that is still in effect. I've been a
professional in radio-electronics for 55 years
and have worked with more modes in
communications and over a wider part of the
EM spectrum than has ever been allocated to
radio amateurs.

Welp, we've got some folks in amateur radio "exploring" spark
transmissions.

I know...saw it. Wow, real PROGRESSIVE state of
the art stuff! Next thing ya know they will be putting
on the old WW One uniforms and recreating it. I
think Jimmie NOserve put in for his commission in
that...

What Heil is really trying to do is denigrate
and demean anyone who is/was against HIS views
and opinions. So, without trying to be overt
about his hate of those whom he thinks has
"bested him" in this newsgroup, he manufactures
faulty denigrations and general demeaning
"charges" of impropriety.

Jim? Him, too.

True enough, but I don't think they can help themselves.

Both of 'em got hard ones every time they encounter a
NCTA who dares stand up to their Majesties. :-)

That's not unusual. Miccolis has done the same.

Ah, yes.

I just wish Jimmie NOserve would get some help for his
constant transgender act with the ruler. Disgusting
act of his.

Both wanted to WIN for "their side." They LOST.
When FCC 06-178 becomes legal, both will have
LOST their rank-status-title thing in amateur
radio as faithful followers of morsemanship.

Next, we will work on the "One Amateur Radio, One Amateur Radio
License" theme. They're gonna hate it si it's imperative that the
group go moderated...

Well, that IS a good subject but I don't think you will make
much headway. Look at the "moderator" list. They appear
to be all EXTRAS. What EXTRA would want to give up that
wonderful Title? :-)

They both tried to use that in their self-defined
description of themselves, implying that they
were "better" than others. BFD.

They almost got it right... They're no better than everyone else.

True enough. But, they just won't accept that... :-(

Old January 19th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From:
on Thurs, Jan 18 2007 3:42 am
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
Dave Heil wrote:

Len did "write" in Ham Radio, an amateur publication.

ham radio was a professional publication about amateur radio.

A publication about amateur radio can be called "an amateur
publication." See above.

Sigh...Heil is once more into his infamous
Personality Diatribes...all because no one
wants to honor, love, and respect his "Only
Moresemen Amateur Extras KNOW What Is Good
For (THEIR version of) Amateur Radio."

He trips himself, then cries foul.

Problem is, he no got them referee stripes! :-)

Thought those were skid marks. ;^)

Did Len write "amateur", hot-ham-and-cheese?

He did not write amateurishly.

That wasn't the only publication I've written
for (and received monetary compensation), but
he hasn't bothered to find out. In addition,
I've received compensation from HR in EDITING
material...which requires a lot of technical
work other than wordsmithing for a technical
periodical.

Editors and publishers of national printed
periodicals in the USA have always been
professional in their work...still are. It
was never in the amateurish appearance of
some Internet Blogs.

Meanwhile Dave continues to play Spelling Cop on RRAP, uncompensated,
of course.

Don't forget Jimmie NOserve and his transgender Sister Nun of
the Above ruler-spanking act! :-)

I'd rather have Sister Mary Elephant screaming at me...

Len is all about rank,
title and status--when it is his rank, title or status.

You are fond of stating that Len has no rank, title, or status in
amateur radio. You are correct. Jim is mistaken.

Jim came up with some apropos titles for Leonard.

Len has no titles in amateur radio.

Quite true. But, Heil is a High-Rate-Code-Tested
Amateur-Extra (and not hesitant to tell everyone
about that...along with being a "Mr. Dx" in actually
being DX).

But wait, there's more... Heil is an ARRL A1A Operator.

Wow! I'm impressed..........[not]

Well, he is!

And he's a member of the "Haven't Worked CW On A Harley" club.

What Heil must mean by "earned titles" is
Miccolis' hateful little "profile" of me, done
in Miccolis' spite when he wasn't loved, honored,
and respected for his mighty macho morsemanship.

It's really a shame that some folks can't handle a little bit of
disagreement.

True. Shows their immaturity.

Leonard has earned them.

Len has earned no titles in amateur radio.

No amateur license, no amateur titles, no amateur
rank, no amateur status.

Now Heil will argue that you must have some amateur standing...

Heil is like the farmer: Out standing in his field...

Michael Savage was saying something about "The Progressive Farmer"
tonight, in reference to it's sister publication, "Time" magazine.
Anyway, I missed what it was.

The local station dumped "Air America" and plugged in Savage Nation.
Go figure. Welp, we've still got Air NPR.

But...Heil cannot understand that licensing in
amateur radio does NOT make one "expert" on ANY
radio subject. All that an amateur license
conveys is the AUTHORIZATION to emit RF in
certain amateur radio frequency bands.

Have you seen the "Col Jessup" remark? Heil says "casual CW operation"
and I asked if there were any other kind.

Any moment now he will blurt out "YOU CAN'T HANDLE
THE TRUTH!!" Then the MPs come and drag him out of
court under arrest...

The moderators would never do that.

Heil - like the other self-defined "radio
experts" in here - misuses the word
'qualification' in trying to substitute it
for the Federal AUTHORIZATION of the amateur
radio license. He has frequently made that
mistake...but his ego won't let him admit it.

He just might be the first software designed amateur... notice his
frequent punctuation outside the quotation marks.

"SDA?" Acronym doesn't have any ring to it...:-(

None at all.

Just the same he doesn't show the Signs of Leadership!

Better the Roanoke Division discover that now than later.

I've often written that Leonard H. Anderson is not a participant
in amateur radio.

Quiteoften.

Oh, my, Heil is STILL trying to put that one over.
Tsk.

I almost "get it" at this point. Could he say it just one more time so
I can verify?

Tsk, Heil can be one VERY stubborn dum****, and still doesn't
understand why so many call him a prick.

What can he do? He's got his talking points from Jim.

Unless there's been a federal government revolution
in the last few seconds (that I'm not aware of),
there is NO LICENSE REQUIRED to communicate with
the US federal government about ANY federal
law or regulation. None. Nada. Nyet. It is a
guarantee of the US Constitution.

You're skating on thin ice, Mister!

Well, I expect the federales will come knocking on my
door any moment...called here on the "authority" of
some PCTA. Yawn...

Ackshully, with an amateur license, they can inspect your "station" at
any time.

[...]

He's headed for France. Maybe he can work Heil out of band...

What Heil is really trying to do is denigrate
and demean anyone who is/was against HIS views
and opinions. So, without trying to be overt
about his hate of those whom he thinks has
"bested him" in this newsgroup, he manufactures
faulty denigrations and general demeaning
"charges" of impropriety.

Jim? Him, too.

True enough, but I don't think they can help themselves.

Both of 'em got hard ones every time they encounter a
NCTA who dares stand up to their Majesties. :-)

That's not unusual. Miccolis has done the same.

Ah, yes.

I just wish Jimmie NOserve would get some help for his
constant transgender act with the ruler. Disgusting
act of his.

Rulerspank. I get a kick out of that.

Both wanted to WIN for "their side." They LOST.
When FCC 06-178 becomes legal, both will have
LOST their rank-status-title thing in amateur
radio as faithful followers of morsemanship.

Next, we will work on the "One Amateur Radio, One Amateur Radio
License" theme. They're gonna hate it si it's imperative that the
group go moderated...

Well, that IS a good subject but I don't think you will make
much headway. Look at the "moderator" list. They appear
to be all EXTRAS. What EXTRA would want to give up that
wonderful Title? :-)

Uphill both ways in the snow, but somebody's got to do it.

They both tried to use that in their self-defined
description of themselves, implying that they
were "better" than others. BFD.

They almost got it right... They're no better than everyone else.

True enough. But, they just won't accept that... :-(

We hold these truths to be self-evident...