Old February 26th 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default It all comes down to this ...

Would you buy a used car from these men?

(list snipped)

what do this hav to do with radio?

Maybe he should have asked if you'd buy a used *radio* from them... :-)
Old February 26th 07, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

i would not buy one of those either
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

How about a used newsgroup from 'em? This one seems available, I
believe they are attempting to be done with it.

Should we make 'em a cheap offer? grin

JS

Old February 27th 07, 12:40 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Say, Len.....

On Feb 26, 2:23�pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

* ...

Yet here it is several days later and you have are
still posting to RRAP. You wrote that you were
going to leave, but you're still here.

Why?

Jim, N2EY

I think Len only remains out of popular demand, I do like to read
something of intelligent design now and then, and the dry wit is
enjoyable--makes one wonder how many catch on? wink

Well, John, it's like this: I CHANGED MY MIND ABOUT
POSTING IN HERE! :-)

In fact, I mentioned that in another thread earlier.

Self-styled guru cum "moderator" Miccolis seems to be
of the belief system that, once some statement is
posted, the stater MUST HOLD TO THAT "PROMISE!"

****y pedantry of Miccolis overlooked, there will be more
from me in the near future. :-)

But, Miccolis is going to do the "Cause Celebre'" with
that and spend weeks or months (perhaps years) on
some imagined "promise" made by me. Miccolis
MUST RULE in here, at least in his mind. Gets
annoying but that's how it is with the little people...

LA

Old February 27th 07, 12:42 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 2:35�pm, wrote:
i would not buy one of those either
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

How about a used newsgroup from 'em? *This one seems available, I
believe they are attempting to be done with it.

Should we make 'em a cheap offer? *grin

Why not? They are certainly cheap enough... :-)

LA

Old February 27th 07, 12:46 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 2:35�pm, wrote:
i would not buy one of those either
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

How about a used newsgroup from 'em? *This one seems available, I
believe they are attempting to be done with it.

Should we make 'em a cheap offer? *grin

On second thought, I would trust Hans Brakob and Phil Kane
for a fair shake. I've agreed and disagree with both in here
and doubt there is the terrible enmity as demonstrated by
Miccolis, Heil, and Kelly in public.

Need I mention that "consulting moderator" Phil Kane
is a communications attorney? On Billings from him
I might need to hire a CPA but on other matters, none.
:-)

LA

Old February 27th 07, 12:50 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 3:40�pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:23?pm, John Smith I wrote:

wrote:

? ...

[...]

Let's clarify what I said previously. I would trust Hans
Brakob and (consulting moderator) Phil Kane to give
a fair shake on things. I've disagreed and agreed with
them many a time and there was no real enmity going
on. On the other hand, Miccolis, Heil, and Kelly are
always displaying enmity towards me in here and have
done so for years.

LA

Old February 27th 07, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 3:40 pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:23?pm, John Smith I wrote:

wrote:

? ...

[...]

Len:

You are more than welcome to post in this group, but hell, I am not
even "moderately" qualified to offer ya that!

Could be worse, ya could have a cb rig with a beeg leenear and heavy
bleed over on ten meters ... ever thought about takin' up truckin'?

Warmest regards,
and a BIG 10-FER GUD BUDDY,
3's! from the golden state,
JS

Old February 27th 07, 01:26 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 3:46 pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:35?pm, wrote:

i would not buy one of those either
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

How about a used newsgroup from 'em? ?This one seems available, I
believe they are attempting to be done with it.

Should we make 'em a cheap offer? ?grin

On second thought, I would trust Hans Brakob and Phil Kane
for a fair shake. I've agreed and disagree with both in here
and doubt there is the terrible enmity as demonstrated by
Miccolis, Heil, and Kelly in public.

Need I mention that "consulting moderator" Phil Kane
is a communications attorney? On Billings from him
I might need to hire a CPA but on other matters, none.
:-)

LA

Ya know, my mamma had a sayin', "Birds of a feather flock together."

After havin' takin' a good look at that flockin' group, I think there
was wisdom in her words ...

Regards,
JS

Old February 27th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Feb 26, 4:24�pm, wrote:
On Feb 26, 3:40 pm, "
wrote:
On Feb 26, 2:23?pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:

? ...

[...]

Oh, my, JS, you've been listening to CB traffic on I-5 again,
ain'tcha? :-)

Got two old, ancient CBs but no "leen-yar," the old mobile
whips (two) are in the garage. Got no farther in "truckin"
since 1954 and a military vehicle "license" to drive a 3/4-ton
and 2 1/2-ton truck. :-)

But, there's truckin' and then there's "truckin." When the
Johnson Viking was in my '53 Austin-Healey sports car,
THAT was "truckin." Once in a while I turned the radio on,

Catch ya on the flipflop,
Threes, LA