RadioBanter

-   -   No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON! (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/115918-no-code-any-class-x5-days-no-lennie-anderson.html)

K4YZ February 28th 07 08:22 PM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

Like I said...he's gonna be a no-show.

Most liars like him usually are.

sigh.

Steve, K4YZ

KH6HZ February 28th 07 08:30 PM

"K4YZ" wrote:

QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

The testing sites are probably not ADA compliant enough for his wheelchair
to make it.

John Smith I February 28th 07 08:32 PM

KH6HZ wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote:

QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

The testing sites are probably not ADA compliant enough for his wheelchair
to make it.

Well, yanno, Len could just be a magician, ya never know, ya just never
know ... Len usually does what he says and says what he does ... just
gotta like a guy like that, yanno what I mean jellybean?

JS

K4YZ February 28th 07 08:54 PM

On Feb 28, 2:32�pm, John Smith I wrote:
KH6HZ wrote:
"K4YZ" wrote:

* * QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

The testing sites are probably not ADA compliant enough for his wheelchair
to make it.

Well, yanno, Len could just be a magician, ya never know, ya just never
know ... Len usually does what he says and says what he does ... just
gotta like a guy like that, yanno what I mean jellybean?

"....Len usually does what he says and says what he does...."

WHEN...?!?!?!?!?!?!?

LEONARD H ANDERSON HAS NOT DONE ONE SINGLE THING THAT HE'S EVER
SAID HE WOULD OR ALLEGED THAT HE WAS "CAPABLE" OF WHILE A MEMBER OF
THIS FORUM ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

BWBWBWBWBWBWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"JOHN SMITH'S" CREDIBILTY JUST TOOK A CRASH DIVE FASTER THAN A
B-52 THAT JUST HAD THE WINGS SHEARED
OFF! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Thanks for the rolling-on-the-floor laugh fest!

BWBWBWBWBWBWAHYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

[email protected] February 28th 07 11:29 PM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

On Feb 28, 12:56?pm, John Smith I wrote:
K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN

...just wait a few days... smirk, smirk

73, LA

John Smith I March 1st 07 01:35 AM

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN

...just wait a few days... smirk, smirk

73, LA

Len:

I am 50+, in good health, dad lived into his 70's, mom still alive, yep,
I got some time, I'll be a waitin' here for awhile, maybe longer than
some. This year am purchasing a Harley Road King or Heritage, gonna
look at some of America I missed when truckin', probably take me a year
or better! Damn, that XYL is gonna look good on her seat just above the
full touring package. grin

Indeed, I keep a gittin' more and more patience each and everyday,
supposed to work that way, ain't it?

Regards,
JS

[email protected] March 1st 07 02:17 AM

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN

* *...just wait a few days... * *smirk, smirk

* *73, LA

Len:

I am 50+, in good health, dad lived into his 70's, mom still alive, yep,
I got some time, I'll be a waitin' here for awhile, maybe longer than
some. *This year am purchasing a Harley Road King or Heritage, gonna
look at some of America I missed when truckin', probably take me a year
or better! *Damn, that XYL is gonna look good on her seat just above the
full touring package. grin

Indeed, I keep a gittin' more and more patience each and everyday,
supposed to work that way, ain't it?

Isn't it? :-)

I come from both sides being long-livers. "How long?" you
ask. I indicate a span of about three feet "This long,"
I reply. :-)

JS, you have to realize that the resident loose cannon in
here is like a vial of nitroglycerine. The slightest little shake
will make him EXPLODE! Really not good for one who claims
to be a "nurse." shrug

Well, he is only a licensed Practical Nurse, not an RN.
Certainly NOT a licensed Medical Doctor despite his
trying to play one in here a few years ago. WE (all the
participants in RRAP) still haven't seen a single bit of
ID from him and his 18-year USMC active-duty time.
Not in at least 8 years of his bragging (in text) that he
was IN. shrug

On the motor: Good on that! Go for it. When you get
one, include a picture of it with the XYL on it. Or just
the XYL. Cecil has a snazzy picture of himself on his
Harley but I think your XYL looks better than Cecil.
[no offense, Cecil, you are an OK guy, I'm hetero... :-) ]

73, LA

John Smith I March 1st 07 02:33 AM

K4YZ wrote:
[...]

Oh, did I mention the rig that will be in the console of that bike? A
commercial unit, heavily modified with a bit "chicken" in it, if ya git
ma drift! Takes a special key to activate chicken so I don't get the
darn thing confiscated!

Yep, the road is owned by eleven meters! When ya run with the BIG DOGS,
frequency is where it's at! See ya in the "Great 49", maybe even
Hawaii. I can't wait for a warm spring to get here ... I just might
retire when I think about it ... Ya never know what ya'll hear on ten
either, keep an ear out, we may be commin' to your town!

Don't worry, a lap top and wireless will go with me. evil grin

Gotta get the little gal on a diet so we can get that pic on the bike
with here in a halter top! evil grin

Regards,
JS

Stefan Wolfe March 1st 07 04:04 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

wrote in message

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN

...just wait a few days... smirk, smirk

73, LA

really Len I hope you are serious

You are falsely assuming he could pass element 4. He's been out of his
profession for quite a fews years now and appears to have signs of memory
lapse, such as commitments he made 7 years ago etc..

John Smith I March 1st 07 04:10 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

Stefan Wolfe wrote:
wrote in message

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN
...just wait a few days... smirk, smirk

73, LA

really Len I hope you are serious

You are falsely assuming he could pass element 4. He's been out of his
profession for quite a fews years now and appears to have signs of memory
lapse, such as commitments he made 7 years ago etc..

Strange, I must be losing it. Old Len sure seems "smarter than the
average bear", well, at least here he does. grin

JS

John Smith I March 1st 07 04:38 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

butsince you bring it up I expect Len certainly could although I doubt
that Len could sit down and pass element 2 and 3 and 4 in the same
same sitiing being an older fellow and having been out the thick of
things for a few years OtOh I certainly beleive he can pass element 4

after all AB8MQ has done so twice
http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Be careful, don't gauge Len by the rest of the neer-do-wells you see
here, he would surprise you, I can guarantee that!

Try to get out more, hanging here gives one a rather low expectation of
what real men are capable of ...

JS

John Smith I March 1st 07 05:42 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

I'd trade you ten CW-spittin' wannabes for one Len ... they may know CW,
but they can't fool a real person into thinkin' they are worthwhile.

But then, they already knew that ...

JS

[email protected] March 1st 07 07:31 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

On Feb 28, 8:10�pm, John Smith I wrote:
Stefan Wolfe wrote:
wrote in message
.. .

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN
* ...just wait a few days... * *smirk, smirk

* 73, LA
really Len I hope you are serious

You are falsely assuming he could pass element 4. He's been out of his
profession for quite a fews years now and appears to have signs of *memory
lapse, such as commitments he made 7 years ago etc..

Strange, I must be losing it. *Old Len sure seems "smarter than the
average bear", well, at least here he does. *grin

JS, I am smarter than the average boor in here. :-)

LA

John Smith I March 1st 07 07:41 AM

wrote:
On Feb 28, 8:10�pm, John Smith I wrote:
Stefan Wolfe wrote:
wrote in message
K4YZ wrote:
BEEG GRIN
� ...just wait a few days... � �smirk, smirk
� 73, LA
really Len I hope you are serious
You are falsely assuming he could pass element 4. He's been out of his
profession for quite a fews years now and appears to have signs of �memory
lapse, such as commitments he made 7 years ago etc..

Strange, I must be losing it. �Old Len sure seems "smarter than the
average bear", well, at least here he does. �grin

JS, I am smarter than the average boor in here. :-)

LA

Just don't get better than the avg boor in here, I end up "boored"
enough! {krist, you get around some of these politicans and you get
"bored from the back!--OUCH!")

JS

[email protected] March 1st 07 04:56 PM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

On Mar 1, 7:49?am, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 21:42:41 -0800, John Smith I

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

I'd trade you ten CW-spittin' wannabes for one Len .

that all Id trade about 50

I'm not for "trade," Mark. koff, koff

Sincerely,
The Smith Brothers

[email protected] March 1st 07 04:58 PM

On Feb 28, 11:41�pm, John Smith I wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 28, 8:10?pm, John Smith I wrote:
Stefan Wolfe wrote:
wrote in message
K4YZ wrote:
BEEG GRIN
? ...just wait a few days... ? ?smirk, smirk
? 73, LA
really Len I hope you are serious
You are falsely assuming he could pass element 4. He's been out of his
profession for quite a fews years now and appears to have signs of ?memory
lapse, such as commitments he made 7 years ago etc..
Strange, I must be losing it. ?Old Len sure seems "smarter than the
average bear", well, at least here he does. ?grin

* *JS, I am smarter than the average boor in here. * :-)

* *LA

Just don't get better than the avg boor in here, I end up "boored"
enough! *{krist, you get around some of these politicans and you get
"bored from the back!--OUCH!")

Would you like a Joanne Worley imitation with those fries?

Regards,
The Laugh-In Team

K4YZ March 1st 07 07:42 PM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

On Feb 28, 10:04�pm, "Stefan Wolfe" wrote:
wrote in message

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN

* ...just wait a few days... * *smirk, smirk

* 73, LA

really Len I hope you are serious

You are falsely assuming he could pass element 4. He's been out of his
profession for quite a fews years now and appears to have signs of *memory
lapse, such as commitments he made 7 years ago etc..

Yep.

It's day 6...there's been VE sessions all over the place, and
considering Lennie is in the middle of Southern California, I KNOW
he's been within 1 hour's drive of dozens of VE sessions since.

I MAILED IN an applicaiton for a club station via a third-
party intermediary and it's on the system already.

No...Lennie won't be getting an Amateur license any time soon. He
doesn't need one in order to be a saddle sore in this forum.

73

Steve, K4YZ

K4YZ March 1st 07 07:49 PM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

On Feb 28, 10:42?pm, wrote:
On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 20:38:18 -0800, John Smith I

butsince you bring it up I expect Len certainly could although I doubt
that Len could sit down and pass element 2 and 3 and 4 in the same
same sitiing being an older fellow and having been out the thick of
things for a few years OtOh I certainly beleive he can pass element 4

after all AB8MQ has done so twice

What's it say that elementary grade kids and Roger can pass the
exams but Lennie can't even FIND one, let alone successfully pass
it...?!?!

Be careful, don't gauge Len by the rest of the neer-do-wells you see
here, he would surprise you, I can guarantee that!

there are few that mage em in one siting Oh it happens yes Len Might
well manage but I bet against it rather than in favour of in Len but I
would tend to bet he pass em no way than 3 session and likely 2

He can sit in a VE session from now to the Second Coming. Lennie
Anderscum won't get an Amateur license now anymore than he was going
to get one "out of the box" seven years go.

Lennie's on an ego trip with a one-way ticket. He was "too much
of a man" to sit with mere mortals for a license then, it's going to
be even worse now. The denominator has been lowered even further, and
that spits in the face of a "real radio professional" like Lennie.

Try to get out more, hanging here gives one a rather low expectation of
what real men are capable of ...

well haviung tried to pass 3-4 in same day and gauging Len from his
posts I doubt he mange to shawlow all the BS in the extra along with
the other 2 pools for the same day

English. The standard language for this forum is E N G L I S H.

he is too smart and too intolorant of of BS to find that easy he might
manage it

His ego sponge is dripping, Morkie, that's all.

Steve, K4YZ

robert casey March 1st 07 11:34 PM

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN

...just wait a few days... smirk, smirk

How long is it taking the FCC to issue new ham licenses nowadays? Is it
still on the order of a few weeks? Maybe he'll be getting a 2x2 or a 2x3...

Stefan Wolfe March 2nd 07 12:27 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

No...Lennie won't be getting an Amateur license any time soon. He
doesn't need one in order to be a saddle sore in this forum.

I suspect he couldn't pass element 4 no matter how hard he tried.

[email protected] March 2nd 07 01:13 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 23:34:21 GMT, robert casey

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN

* *...just wait a few days... * *smirk, smirk

How long is it taking the FCC to issue new ham licenses nowadays? *Is it
still on the order of a few weeks? *Maybe he'll be getting a 2x2 or a 2x3...

normaly a week or less although right I would not be sure

10 to 15 days according to N6ZZK.

73, LA

[email protected] March 2nd 07 01:15 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

On Mar 1, 4:45?pm, wrote:
On Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:27:09 -0500, "Stefan Wolfe"
wrote:

I suspect he couldn't pass element 4 no matter how hard he tried.

then you are a lier or an idoit or both

"Both" is good for him. :-)

73, LA

Dee Flint March 2nd 07 01:17 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

"robert casey" wrote in message
ink.net...

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN

...just wait a few days... smirk, smirk

How long is it taking the FCC to issue new ham licenses nowadays? Is it
still on the order of a few weeks? Maybe he'll be getting a 2x2 or a
2x3...

Since the FCC now permits the VECs to directly enter the data in the
database, it's simply a matter of how quickly the VEC organization can check
the paperwork. These days it runs about 1/2 week to 1&1/2 weeks. In
anticipation of getting an unusually high number of submittals, the ARRL at
least put on extra staff to handle this. I had the test session the evening
of Feb 23. Reviewed and mailed the paperwork on Feb 25. Both the new
licenses and the upgrades appeared in the FCC database at the end of the day
on Feb 27th. This is actually faster than usual.

Vanity license applications take several weeks though.

Dee, N8UZE

Dee Flint March 2nd 07 01:19 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

"Stefan Wolfe" wrote in message

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

No...Lennie won't be getting an Amateur license any time soon. He
doesn't need one in order to be a saddle sore in this forum.

I suspect he couldn't pass element 4 no matter how hard he tried.

While I do not think much of his social skills, I personally think he is
more than intelligent enough. The key issue is really his personal goals
and motivations.

Dee, N8UZE

[email protected] March 2nd 07 01:32 AM

K4YZ wrote:

[...]

A vanity license application requires an already-granted
amateur radio license. New licensees will take longer to
process, both at the ARRL (for ARRL VEC) and at the
FCC.

73, LA

Stefan Wolfe March 2nd 07 01:37 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

"Dee Flint" wrote in message
. ..

"Stefan Wolfe" wrote in message

"K4YZ" wrote in message
oups.com...

No...Lennie won't be getting an Amateur license any time soon. He
doesn't need one in order to be a saddle sore in this forum.

I suspect he couldn't pass element 4 no matter how hard he tried.

While I do not think much of his social skills, I personally think he is
more than intelligent enough. The key issue is really his personal goals
and motivations.

OK, I think you are right. If he purchased the ARRL Extra Class Handbook and
did all of the practice exercizes at the end of each chapter, maybe he could
do it. I think he could also do the same if he studied a Gordon West manual
:-))

[email protected] March 2nd 07 02:27 AM

On Mar 1, 5:19�pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"Stefan Wolfe" wrote in message

"K4YZ" wrote in message
roups.com...

* *No...Lennie won't be getting an Amateur license any time soon. *He
doesn't need one in order to be a saddle sore in this forum.

I suspect he couldn't pass element 4 no matter how hard he tried.

While I do not think much of his social skills, I personally think he is
more than intelligent enough. *The key issue is really his personal goals
and motivations.

Are those on "the test" also? Quel horrible! :-)

Just WHO in the "amateur community" are "personal goals
and motivations" to be demonstrated TO?

Am I required to fit some kind of nice-nice mould crafted by
some crochety morsemen in Newington and then give
tithe to them? Am I to worship at the feet of morse-tested
"extras" in an AMATEUR activity? WHY is that?

Sorry, but when someone in the "establishment" (such as
the mould-crafters and their acolytes) tries to mold me
into Their WAY OF THINKING, they WILL get considerable
resistance.

Remember basic electric theory? RESISTANCE will
dissipate power. Morsemen once thought they had
achieved a "match" with the FCC with their mighty
macho morse manner. The no-code-test advocates
RESISTED and the FCC "matched" with us. The
"power" of the morsemen was dissipated. Let that
be a lesson on preaching "personal motivations" and
"goals." To you, not me.

Regards (just the same),
LA

robert casey March 2nd 07 04:55 AM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

Remember basic electric theory? RESISTANCE

is futile, you will be impeded.... You will be admitted to the ARRL...

:-)

[email protected] March 2nd 07 05:16 AM

On Mar 1, 8:55�pm, robert casey wrote:
* *Remember basic electric theory? *RESISTANCE

is futile, you will be impeded.... * You will be admitted to the ARRL...

:-)

You exhibit reactance to postings. Conduct yourself
properly lest you are susceptive to odd influences......Y?

Z Z Z Z Z Z

73, LA

[email protected] March 2nd 07 06:29 AM

K4YZ wrote:

[...]

According to www.wm7d.net figures, the number of new
issues or updates for 28 Feb 07 was 814. The number of
Vanity calls issued for 28 Feb 07 was 82.

According to N6ZZK of the local ARRL VEC group the
processing won't be complete for 10 to 15 days.

73, LA

[email protected] March 2nd 07 11:05 AM

No Code For Any Class x7 Days

On Feb 28, 3:22�pm, "K4YZ" wrote:
* * *QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

*7* years, Steve. January 19, 2000. ;-)

* * *Like I said...he's gonna be a no-show.

Well, maybe. And maybe not. Time will tell.

* * *Most liars like him usually are.

If he does what he said he'd do back then,
he wouldn't be a liar or a no-show, right? :-)

* * *sigh.

Why the sigh? Do you really *want* Len to get
a license?

Even if Len does someday get a license, he
will still be a newcomer to amateur radio. A
neophyte, a tyro, newbie, novice, etc. Then it
will be up to us to Elmer him, both by advice and
example.

For example, simply getting the license is the
first step. What rig should he buy for CASH?
What antenna? Power supply? Accessories?
Should he attempt to build any of it? What
about mobile operation? CC&Rs? RFI?
Operating procedures? Awards? Contests?
Vanity call?

Think about it.

73 de Jim, N2EY

K4YZ March 2nd 07 01:47 PM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

K4YZ wrote:

[...]

Unlike your "Rear Area Korean War Hero" stories, Lennie, I have
proof of my accomplishments in public forum. JS is welcome to preuse
the TN BoN website and see that I don't "claim" to be a

* *Well, he is only a licensed Practical Nurse, not an RN.

I don't need to be one, Lennie...Not for what I do.

* *Certainly NOT a licensed Medical Doctor despite his
* *trying to play one in here a few years ago. *

Do you kiss your wife with those lips, Lennie?

WE (all the
* *participants in RRAP) still haven't seen a single bit of
* *ID from him and his 18-year USMC active-duty time.

Two lies in two sentences. Rack'en em up, I see.

* *Not in at least 8 years of his bragging (in text) that he
* *was IN.

Only units, dates, places, persons...You know..that verifiable
stuff.

JS...this is why Leonard H Anderson's word and reputation in RRAP
(and indeed in several other forums) isn't worth carp bait.

Steve, K4YZ

K4YZ March 2nd 07 01:51 PM

wrote:

I suspect he couldn't pass element 4 no matter how hard he tried.

then you are a lier or an idoit or both

"...lier or an idoit..."

So much for 12 years of alleged college!

BBBBWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve, K4YZ

K4YZ March 2nd 07 01:56 PM

just another stlaking thread Another WHAT, Collegeboy?

On Mar 1, 3:25?pm, wrote:
On 1 Mar 2007 11:42:10 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote:

just another stlaking thread

Why do you write crap like this and then wonder why we refer to
you as an idiot when you try to convince us that you're a college
graduate?

Steve, K4YZ

[email protected] March 2nd 07 06:40 PM

No Code Test For Any Class for a Week

On Mar 2, 7:32�am, wrote:
On 1 Mar 2007 22:29:30 -0800, "

wrote:
On Mar 1, 5:17?pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"robert casey" wrote in message

hlink.net...

K4YZ wrote:

BEEG GRIN

*...just wait a few days... *smirk, smirk

How long is it taking the FCC to issue new ham licenses nowadays? * * * * s it
still on the order of a few weeks?

aybe he'll be getting a 2x2 or a
2x3...

Since the FCC now permits the VECs to directly enter the data in the
database, it's simply a matter of how quickly the VEC organization can check
the paperwork. *hese days it runs about 1/2 week to 1&1/2 weeks. * n
anticipation of getting an unusually high number of submittals, the ARRL at
least put on extra staff to handle this. * * * *had the test session the evening
of Feb 23. *eviewed and mailed the paperwork on Feb 25.

oth the new
licenses and the upgrades appeared in the FCC database at the end of the day
on Feb 27th. *his is actually faster than usual.

Vanity license applications take several weeks though.

* According towww.wm7d.netfigures, the number of new
* issues or updates for 28 Feb 07 was 814. *The number of
* Vanity calls issued for 28 Feb 07 was 82.

or roughly one tenth of one percent of all licenses in the ARS today
not bad for o e day

and BTW mine is not in the that total since it was processed on the
26th by the MERAC VEC

That would be true, Mark. The ARRL website Search seems
to look only through their own VEC's processed records. A
more comprehensive Search can be done through the FCC
(who do the FINAL license grants) but getting to their
specific Search for amateur radio licenses is more complex;
the FCC Search involves ALL licenses for ALL radio services
unless one indicates specific search areas.

According to the wm7d.net statistics, the number of new
amateur radio license issues for 1 Mar 07 were 729. That
includes upgrades and Vanity calls, Club calls, the whole
magilla. A sizeable number and it takes several people
at each VEC to sort through the paperwork, accept or
reject based on many criteria, etc., etc.

If a VEC receives 800 applications from VE teams a day,
it would have to process 100 per hour to complete one
day's mail-in. For eight people doing processing that
means each person would have to do 12 1/2 per hour
(if they worked straight through all hours...and few
paper-handlers in offices work "straight through").

Complicating the process is USPS delivery if the VECs
do it like the FCC does it. The sheer size of the USA
means that all the Pacific Island places will get there
LAST and Hawaii, Alaska will be almost as late. The
ARRL VEC final processing takes place in New England
which is almost as far removed from southern California
as Hawaii in terms of USPS handling. The ARRL has
always been oriented towards east coast thinking and
doesn't seem to go for pushing the envelope on handling
far-away (from them) USA locations.

73,

[email protected] March 3rd 07 03:54 AM

No Code For Any Class x7 Days

From: on Fri, Mar 2 2007 3:05 am

On Feb 28, 3:22?pm, "K4YZ" wrote:
QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

*7* years, Steve. January 19, 2000. ;-)

Oh, my, Jimmie Noserve has made that a "holiday" event? :-)

Like I said...he's gonna be a no-show.

Well, maybe. And maybe not. Time will tell.

So will William, an arrow, and an apple...

Most liars like him usually are.

If he does what he said he'd do back then,
he wouldn't be a liar or a no-show, right? :-)

sigh.

Why the sigh? Do you really *want* Len to get
a license?

HAAAAAARRRRR!!!

Tsk, that social misfit doesn't want ANYTHING
pleasureable to anyone who has disagreed with him. :-)

Even if Len does someday get a license, he
will still be a newcomer to amateur radio. A
neophyte, a tyro, newbie, novice, etc.

Oh, my, are YOU going to show me how to work a radio?

Something beyond 1930s state of the art, I hope.

How many KiloWatt rigs has Jimmie Noserve ever
tuned?

Has Jimmie Noserve ever tuned up anything beyond
the 23 cm amateur band frequency? Anything below
550 KHz?

Has Sister Nun of the Above ever sat in the right
seat and knuckle-spanked a pilot talking on a
civil airways radio? On a private sailboat?
On land during a heavy rainstorm? On land in
the desert?

How much broadcasting experience has Miccolo
Tesla got? AM, FM, or TV?

Then it
will be up to us to Elmer him, both by advice and
example.

Will you "stick by me" as good as Borden's "Elmer
white glue?"

Will you be part of the firing squad to "discipline"
the slightest lapse of FORMAL PROTOCOL in amateur
radio operation? Or is simple beheading your thing?

Would I receive the "rack" or "quartering" if there
is no desire EVER to use OOK CW morse?

For example, simply getting the license is the
first step.

CONGRATULATIONS on some (finally) clear thinking!

What rig should he buy for CASH?

How about an Icom IC-7800? Yaesu FT-2000D?
IC-756PROIII? FT-DX9000? Kenwood TS-2000?
Yaesu FT DX 9000MP?

What antenna?

How about a tower-mounted rotatable Log-Periodic?

On a U S Tower HDX-5106MDPL?

A Bencher Inc. "Skyhawk 3X10"? A Butternut HF9V?

Power supply?

Will the Department of Water and Power of the city
of Los Angeles be sufficient? :-)

Note: The DWP can be considered as "plug [in]
and play..." as a power supply. :-)

Accessories?

Absolutely MUST HAVE one of those Owl Figures!

Don't forget the wallet-encased SHIELD with the
callsign on it!

Should he attempt to build any of it?

NEVER! Neophytes, Novices, etc., should NEVER
try to build anything more complicated than
building an Elecraft KIT...

What about mobile operation?

What about it? The Rolls-Royce back seat is very
comfortable. Heck you can even beg for some Grey
Poupon from a Rolls that pulls up alongside...

CC&Rs?

Gasp! I have to get one of those?!? I don't
have any! HORRORS!

RFI?

I will wave to Ed Hare whenever he is in the
neighborhood...no problem.

I doubt if the full shield room I might use would
exhibit any stray RF radiation...

Operating procedures?

ABSOLUTELY! By-the-Book Letter-Perfect as it was
in the 1930s so shall it be today!!!

Commit just ONE slight infraction and I would be
EXCOMMUNICATED!!! Stripped of all licenses and
radios by Riley H. himself!!!

Awards?

Gots to get lots of those...make a "show wall" so
that friends and neighbors can come over to gush
with awe about them!!! Get spotlights on each one!

Contests?

Which NCAA championship? Will the World Cup in
International Football do? Do you require winning
BOTH Summer and Winter Olympics?

Vanity call?

*VANITY* CALL?!?!? Oh, my...

Can't use "N2EY" or "K4YZ" or "K8MN"...those VANITY
calls are TAKEN!!!

Have to go out to a furniture store to get the RIGHT
VANITY!

Think about it.

Wow! So MUCH to think about! Do you possibly think
ANYONE could approach your Expertise and Brillian Mind
about AMATEURISM in radio?!? Nobody can, ya know...you
keep laying it onto us so much...

37s,
LA

Leo March 3rd 07 01:25 PM

No Code For Any Class x7 Days

On 2 Mar 2007 19:54:30 -0800, "

From: on Fri, Mar 2 2007 3:05 am

On Feb 28, 3:22?pm, "K4YZ" wrote:
QRZ is laden with all sorts of brand new licensees, yet none of
them are the "right out of the box 6 years ago" Leonard H Anderson.

snip

How much broadcasting experience has Miccolo
Tesla got? AM, FM, or TV?

Several thousand hours, at least......all of it right here on RRAP :)

snip

37s,
LA

73, Leo

K4YZ March 3rd 07 02:44 PM

No Code For Any Class x5 Days And NO LENNIE ANDERSON!

On Mar 1, 7:32�pm, "
wrote:

* *A vanity license application requires an already-granted
* *amateur radio license. *New licensees will take longer to
* *process, both at the ARRL (for ARRL VEC) and at the
* *FCC.

An FCC Commissioner could snap his/her fingers and make an
application "happen", but it won't ever happen with YOUR name on it...

"No Code" has been the law of the land for over a week, now.

Any perusal of ULS will show hundreds of people who've taken the
test SINCE then are already licensed and have been for days.

Other than "I'm too lazy" or "I'm a lying coward", you don't have
any excuses.

Morkie passed HIS General, Lennie, so it means he's either
smarter than you or found yet ANOTHER three VE's that needed $50 more
than they needed a conscience.

So which is it?

Steve, K4YZ

K4YZ March 3rd 07 02:49 PM

just another stalking thread

On Mar 2, 9:30�am, wrote:
On 2 Mar 2007 05:51:38 -0800, "K4YZ" wrote:
On Mar 1, wrote:
BBBBWWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA

stop whing steve

Stop WHAT, Fatboy?

How does one "whing"?

And how did you screw up the attributes, fatboy?

Steve, K4YZ