Old April 13th 07, 01:57 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default What Revolution?

On Apr 12, 10:34�am, wrote:
From: Dave Heil on Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:27:14 GMT
From: on 10 Apr 2007 03:56:54 -0700
On Apr 9, 1:05 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Apr 9, 2:05 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Apr 7, 5:31 pm, wrote:
On Apr 3, 1:34?pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 29, 6:24?pm, Dave Heil wrote a typical

Hey, no sweat, Mark. *I didn't decide until February 17, 2007, seeing
a very local test session available on February 25; I was busy with
other things on Friday the 23rd. *For me it was just "cram time"
just like college days or the impossible-to-do-in-assigned-time-
frame work assignments...download the QPs fromwww.ncvec.org,
do a bunch of on-line practice tests (all of passing grades).

tell me *what could you use the vecctor stuf witht he imagainary
number on in Ham radio I learned some that cstuff in college NEVER
found a use for it at all

The Real + jImaginary numbers are excellent for handling
Impedance and Admittance when there is a requirement in
equating the Imaginary part (Reactance or Susceptance)
to zero as in antenna matching over a narrow frequency
range. It is also excellent for Impedance/Admittance
matching in interstage tuned circuits (both receivers and
transmitters).

The "vector stuff" lets one quickly visualize, for example,
the frequency characteristics of any antenna on a Smith
Chart. A Z or Y Bridge or "Noise Bridge" (low-cost version
of the more classic bridges) tells one the Resistance or
Conductance and the Reactance or Susceptance of an
antenna or the input to either a transmitter stage or the
input to a receiver. Usually a Noise Bridge yields Y and
the value of the resistive component (G) and the
Susceptive componet (B); that is the equivalent of a
paralleled resistance and capacitance/inductance at one
frequency. Knowing complex number handling allows
easy conversion to Z (the series impedance form) and
the equivalent value of R (resistance) and X (reactance).

In one case a few decades ago, I was able to "rotate" the
characteristics of 8 different SAW filters around a Smith
Chart to equal a near-all-resistive correct value with the
capacitive part cancelled to near-zero for best power
transfer into the SAW filter...using the determined length
of small coaxial cable. Saved a lot of space as opposed
to an elaborate matching network.

(indeed might make passing the exam easier if I had never seen it
before studing it for an ham exam)

Well, yes, but you (and I and everyone else) cannot know
future requirements, can we? :-) Handling complex
quantities is very basic and can come in very handy.

The usual ham who doesn't build or bother to check antennas
more than "open" or "closed' connections won't bother with
it, An antenna tuner, manual or automatic, can do all that
stuff of matching. But, is it better to remain ignorant of
certain operating characteristics of one's station or try to
know it in more specific detail? :-)

73, Len AF6AY

Old April 13th 07, 02:09 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Apr 12, 1:59�pm, wrote:
On Apr 12, 2:53 pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Apr 12, 3:27?am, wrote:
On Apr 11, 12:27 am, Dave Heil wrote:

Dave, what was your AFSC?

Brian, don't expect an answer...:-)

I'm still trying to get him to answer what he meant by his *reap*
remark. *My meaning was pefectly clear, but he pulled a Robesin, made
a funny about something despicable, now he won't respond.

Typical. :-)

Heil isn't going to tell anyone directly. *He will cloud his
"answer" in generalized, ambiguous terms without being
specific.

Yup.

So far he's holding true to form. :-)

He "knows where he was" but won't say where or what he
was doing there. WE are "supposed" to take "His Word"
for it without yielding anything (WE don't have to be
supplied with detailed answers?).

Any way one slices that it is olde-tyme "snake oil
salesman" BS.

Heil wants to argue for the sake of arguing, always with
the intention of putting down those he perceives are his
newsgroup "enemies."

Yup.

He's still true to form in that department. :-)

I have yet to meet a veteran of military service who does
not recall his unit, where he was, what he did. *I have
also met a few who wish to cloud the issue with non-
specific generalities in order to refuse to admit what their
military jobs were...because they wished to elevate
themselves as doing more than they actually did.

Engaged in seven (7) hostile actions and stolen valor?

A Robeson clone in action! :-)

Second-hand smoke is being outlawed everywhere.

His is old, worn-out obsolete smoke. koff koff

I'd love to watch a shuttle launch.

So would I! One SSME on a test stand is impressive
enough...three plus the SRBs lighting off would be no
less than spectacular!

Welp, Dave won't talk about his directional loops anymore... must have
come down with his tower

Most regretable for him...snif, snif...

73, Len AF6AY

Old April 13th 07, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Apr 12, 11:56�am, wrote:
On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 14:54:42 -0400, "KH6HZ" wrote:
"Dave Heil" wrote:

* *In ONE EXAM SESSION.

...but not "right out of the box."

Let's cut Windy some slack.

Had he waited any longer to take those examinations, the "box" he was
referring to might have been a coffin!

realy I guess you are a dumb as you sound MD

What can one say to a Callsign Thief & Collector? One who
tried to defraud the U.S. government? Not a helluva lot.

73, Len AF6AY

Old April 13th 07, 02:30 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: Dave Heil on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:13:47 GMT

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:57:35 GMT

I've told you a number of times that YOU are NOT the FCC and
HAVE NO AUTHORITY over amateur radio.

Are you losing control of yourself, Leonard? I wrote nothing about my
being the FCC.

You ACT like it.

I told you that the FCC does not use the word "hobby" to
define amateur radio. It's a fact!

Incorrect as to everyone's INTERPRETATION of regulations.

Any activity receiving NO MONETARY COMPENSATION is generally
considered as a HOBBY. Of course that could be a CHARITABLE
activity...but the IRS can interpret charitable work as the
equivalent of monetary compensation and demand some tax
payment on that. Amateur Radio MIGHT be considered RELIGIOUS.
Cerainly many are devoted to amateur radio AS IF it were a
religion, especially morse code skill. :-)

What do you define amateur radio as? It can't be "broad-
casting" because that is forbidden in regulations (very
few exceptions there). It can't be for business purposes
because that is not allowed by regulations. Are you
thinking that amateur radio is a national "service?"

The word "service" as used throughout Title 47 C.F.R. is a
regulatory term denoting type and kind of radio activity
being regulated; i.e., Private Land Mobile Radio SERVICE,
Radio Control Radio SERVICE, Citizens Band Radio SERVICE.

The FCC does NOT use the terms "green," "tyro," "beginner,"
"newbie," "neophyte," or "brand new" anywhere in Title 47
C.F.R. (including Part 97) as any sort of "classification" or
other identification of radio amateurs.

But...a long time ago the "amateur community" decided it wanted
(terribly) the RANK-STATUS-PRIVILEGES of multiple classes,
especially the morsemen holding on (with dear life) to their
beloved morse code. The "upper" classes could then look down
(and put down) the "lower" classes in great personal glee.
That seems to be your version of events and it seems that, despite of
reality, you're sticking to it.

It IS reality.

No, Leonard, it is not.

Prove it. Show your work.

In fact, if you'll read your own words, just
down the page, you'll see a guy with a brand new callsign acting as if
he were very conscious of his new found RANK-STATUS-PRIVILEGES.

Tsk. Sarcasm to the Elite code-tested "Extras" who think they
are the hottest snit in town. :-)

I wrote nothing of NOBILITY or God.

You are NOT nobility or God, yet you act as if you were. :-)

So? I took and passed all the test elements for a US amateur
radio license on 25 Feb 07. The FCC (not your royal asshole
self) granted me an AMATEUR EXTRA class license on 7 Mar 07.

So I've noted. I've noted written that I handed you your new license.

"You handed me [any] license?"

GREAT BIG *FACTUAL ERROR* BY HEIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, when you're an unbearable horse's patoot *without* an amateur
radio license and an unbearable horse's patoot *with* an amateur radio
license, it couldn't have been much of a surprise to you.

Tsk, still have that terrible Personality Conflict with unbridled
HATE sticking out all over, ey? Sure looks like it. :-)

I can't actually hear you, Len. Unlike you, I've never ordered anyone
to leave the newsgroup. :-)

You have.

I've never claimed to "work in the FCC."

Quit ACTING like you do. You have NO AUTHORITY in regulating
amateur radio.

I gave you factual information.

Ambiguous misdirection is all WE've seen. What was your AFSC?

*WHAT* did Heil *DO* in Vietnam? Try to be more specific
than "serving his country" or being "in a country at war."

What is it to you, Len? I'm not feeding you information.

You can't tell the truth, can you? FAKES and wanna-be heroes
always use LIES and ambiguous generalities to describe their
past experiences. You fit that syndrome.

I've told you quite DIRECTLY that I've seen what you do with a little
information. You don't have any and I'm not providing it for you.
Now what will you do?

Call you a liar and a fake is what I might do.

You must have missed a bunch of bio material, Len. I worked in
broadcast radio in Miami and Cincinnati, was an outside salesman for a
couple of industrial electronics distributors, played in a traveling
rock band and was ten years with Cincinnati's Big Joe Duskin. You can
even Google Duskin if you like. Don't forget the other classified info:
I worked part-time at Sears as a high schooler and my car is yellow.

Yellow fits.

I made no statement to the time frame in which teletype was used.

Yes you did, in this newsgroup.

What are you going to do NOW, your Grateness? Write Special
Counsel Riley Hollingsworth and demand the FCC take away my
amateur radio license due to "bad attitudes?"

I'm dealing with your attitude this very moment.

Poorly, Grate One. :-)

can't silence my comments...

I can't hear your comments.

Neither can you understand Figures of Speech. :-) Yet you go on
and on about other minutae of English language written words and
phrases AS IF you were a linguistic expert. You are NOT one.

I'm not going to silence you.

You said you "can't hear me." :-)

I'm going to counter you and make you an object of ridicule.

You've tried to do that for years. To little effect... :-)

That doesn't mean there are no beginners in amateur radio. Everyone
with an amateur radio license was a newcomer at some point.

Not the Grate Heil!!! Never! :-)

Only you are trying to deny your beginner status.

"Beginner?" :-)

You're now a neophyte in amateur radio.

The FCC doesn't use "neophyte" anywhere in Title 47 C.F.R.

Do you consider yourself "above" the FCC?

...but not qualifying for the colloquial amateur radio expression "Extra
*right* out of the box."

Tsk, tsk, I've already told you what the colloquial phrase means,
yet you continue to "redefine" it to suit your own hatred.
Naughty, naughty...

I don't want to hang out with you. I don't want you as an on-air pal.
I really don't expect to encounter you on the ham bands.

You certainly sound anti-social. Tsk, tsk.

You know and I know and Jim knows that the 5 wpm Morse Code test had you
beat.

It did? I didn't know that! I quit bothering about morse code
skill a long time ago...didn't make sense to me to keep it so
long just to satisfy some minority amateurs who favored that
mode for federal licensing. The FCC stated publicly in 1990
that the morse code test was not considered a determining
factor for their granting amateur radio licenses...but they had
to follow adminstrative policy by agreeing to ITU amateur radio
regulations ("the treaty" as mislabeled by so many).

Are you saying I could NEVER learn morse code? Tsk, tsk, so
many (morsemen) have said that is EASY!

Are you saying I exhibit "sloth" in "not wanting to learn?"
How could you possibly say that without observing how I
have worked or accomplished in my life? Of course you could
WRITE IT here (no one can hear you scream over the Internet)
but that would be woefully inaccurate.

No, you and Miccolis are carefully phrasing things about me
in a highly negative, derogatory way, intended to insult and
demean. It's always been that way in here. :-)

You got the license the way you could get the license.

Brilliant deduction! Did you spend hours thinking that phrase up?

Tsk, if you have some dispute about my getting an amateur
radio license, you are free to contact the FCC and complain
to them. Mention that I tested with a ARRL VEC examination
team, the ARRL VEC in Newington confirmed that, and forwarded
my test data to the FCC. Mention also your "elite status"
as a supreme authority on amateur radio matters and how you
consider yourself as primary judge and jury over and above
those who disagree with you. That should go over big.

I run into a number of folks who can't do high speed CW and whom I've
never "put down".

Tsk, tsk, you are losing your grip. :-)

Is old age finally getting to you? Amateur structures falling
down and damaging your house? Worked more Frenchmen out of
band?

What was your AFSC?

AF6AY

Old April 14th 07, 04:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

From: Dave Heil on Thu, 12 Apr 2007 05:13:47 GMT

From: Dave Heil on Wed, 11 Apr 2007 03:57:35 GMT

I've told you a number of times that YOU are NOT the FCC and
HAVE NO AUTHORITY over amateur radio.

Are you losing control of yourself, Leonard? I wrote nothing about my
being the FCC.

You ACT like it.

No, Len, I don't. I told you that the FCC does not define amateur radio
as a hobby. That's completely true.

I told you that the FCC does not use the word "hobby" to
define amateur radio. It's a fact!

Incorrect as to everyone's INTERPRETATION of regulations.

If anyone cares to look at Part 97, it can be demonstrated that you are
incorrect.

Any activity receiving NO MONETARY COMPENSATION is generally
considered as a HOBBY.

That's very interesting. Someone who likes to sit on his porch then has
a hobby of porch sitting. A guy who drinks a twelve-pack every evening
is, by your logic, a hobbyist. Heh.

Of course that could be a CHARITABLE
activity...but the IRS can interpret charitable work as the
equivalent of monetary compensation and demand some tax
payment on that.

Wow! If you work for a charity and receive no compensation from that
charity, the IRS can demand payment based on the money you didn't ever
receive? It is indeed a topsy-turvy world.

Amateur Radio MIGHT be considered RELIGIOUS.

The FCC doesn't define it as religious or a hobby.

Cerainly many are devoted to amateur radio AS IF it were a
religion, especially morse code skill. :-)

In my country, people are free to devote as much or as little time as
they like to an activity which is not part of their job. So it is
different where you live?

What do you define amateur radio as?

I'm quite comfortable with the FCC definition.

It can't be "broad-
casting" because that is forbidden in regulations (very
few exceptions there).

I've never called amateur radio "broadcasting."

It can't be for business purposes
because that is not allowed by regulations.

I've never called amateur radio "business."

Are you
thinking that amateur radio is a national "service?"

I'm quite comfortable with the FCC definition of amateur radio.

The word "service" as used throughout Title 47 C.F.R. is a
regulatory term denoting type and kind of radio activity
being regulated; i.e., Private Land Mobile Radio SERVICE,
Radio Control Radio SERVICE, Citizens Band Radio SERVICE.

I'm aware of that. Why don't you tell me something that I don't already
know?

The FCC does NOT use the terms "green," "tyro," "beginner,"
"newbie," "neophyte," or "brand new" anywhere in Title 47
C.F.R. (including Part 97) as any sort of "classification" or
other identification of radio amateurs.

That's "cerainly" true, Len. Anyone who is a beginner at anything is
considered a newbie, neophyte, novice, beginner or green. It doesn't
apply only to amateur radio.

But...a long time ago the "amateur community" decided it wanted
(terribly) the RANK-STATUS-PRIVILEGES of multiple classes,
especially the morsemen holding on (with dear life) to their
beloved morse code. The "upper" classes could then look down
(and put down) the "lower" classes in great personal glee.

That seems to be your version of events and it seems that, despite of
reality, you're sticking to it.

It IS reality.

No, Leonard, it is not.

Prove it. Show your work.

The burden would be upon you to show that is is reality.

In fact, if you'll read your own words, just
down the page, you'll see a guy with a brand new callsign acting as if
he were very conscious of his new found RANK-STATUS-PRIVILEGES.

Tsk. Sarcasm to the Elite code-tested "Extras" who think they
are the hottest snit in town. :-)

Double tsk. I don't think I'm the hottest "snit" in this or any other
town. I'm just a guy with forty-three years more experience in amateur
radio than you. That's a fact.

Just how long have you had this idea that you are NOBILITY?

Did God give that to you or did you develop it on your own?

I wrote nothing of NOBILITY or God.

You are NOT nobility or God, yet you act as if you were. :-)

I wrote nothing of NOBILITY or God.

So? I took and passed all the test elements for a US amateur
radio license on 25 Feb 07. The FCC (not your royal asshole
self) granted me an AMATEUR EXTRA class license on 7 Mar 07.

So I've noted. I've noted written that I handed you your new license.

"You handed me [any] license?"

GREAT BIG *FACTUAL ERROR* BY HEIL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope, just a typo. Read "I've not written..." Please continue your rant.

Well, when you're an unbearable horse's patoot *without* an amateur
radio license and an unbearable horse's patoot *with* an amateur radio
license, it couldn't have been much of a surprise to you.

Tsk, still have that terrible Personality Conflict with unbridled
HATE sticking out all over, ey? Sure looks like it. :-)

I don't think about you often enough to hate you, Len. I've provided my
opinion that you're an unbearable horse's patoot with or without an
amateur radio license.

I can't actually hear you, Len. Unlike you, I've never ordered anyone
to leave the newsgroup. :-)

You have.

No, Len, you've made another factual error.

...can't change my mind.

You've done that on your own on a number of occasions. :-)

Ergo, YOU MUST RULE. Sorry,
you DO NOT rule. You don't even work in the FCC.

I've never claimed to "work in the FCC." We're in the same boat.
Neither of us works for the FCC.

Quit ACTING like you do.

I'm not ACTING like I "work in the FCC", Len.

You have NO AUTHORITY in regulating
amateur radio.

I've claimed no Federal authority, Len.

I gave you factual information.

Ambiguous misdirection is all WE've seen.

We? Do you have a Vibroplex in your pocket? I gave you factual
information without a hint of misdirection.

What was your AFSC?

Just a day or two ago, you thought it was an MOS. I told you that it's
none of your business then.

*WHAT* did Heil *DO* in Vietnam? Try to be more specific
than "serving his country" or being "in a country at war."

What is it to you, Len? I'm not feeding you information.

You can't tell the truth, can you?

I surely can tell you the truth, Len. The truth is that I'm not feeding
you information. I could provide you the information you seek but I'm
not doing so.

FAKES and wanna-be heroes
always use LIES and ambiguous generalities to describe their
past experiences.

I'm not a military FAKE, Len. I've not lied. I've not claimed any
heroics. I've just not provided you with the information you seek.
Now what will you do?

You fit that syndrome.

You're badly mistaken.

I've told you quite DIRECTLY that I've seen what you do with a little
information. You don't have any and I'm not providing it for you.
Now what will you do?

Call you a liar and a fake is what I might do.

Then we'd have two more factual errors that you would have made. A man
can't be called a liar when he has made no claims. A man can't be
called a fake when he has made no claims. You have a dilemma.

I'm not that concerned with boy-wonder rock musician turned
"diplomat" that I care to look unless someone sends me the
web addresses.

You must have missed a bunch of bio material, Len. I worked in
broadcast radio in Miami and Cincinnati, was an outside salesman for a
couple of industrial electronics distributors, played in a traveling
rock band and was ten years with Cincinnati's Big Joe Duskin. You can
even Google Duskin if you like. Don't forget the other classified info:
I worked part-time at Sears as a high schooler and my car is yellow.

Yellow fits.

Remember your hissy fit a few days back--the one where you harped on
people you said wouldn't say things to your face that they'd written
here? Remember that I told you that such a description could easily be
applied to you and that if you'd said some of the things to my face that
you'd written here, you'd find yourself the victim of a memorable
wedgie? Your "yellow fits" would be such a statement.

AS IF radio teletype hasn't been used for 50 years before that.

I made no statement to the time frame in which teletype was used.

Yes you did, in this newsgroup.

No, Leonard. None of my comments or statements indicated that Teletype
had not been used in the fifty years before my assignment to
Guinea-Bissau. You're just wrong--again.

What are you going to do NOW, your Grateness? Write Special
Counsel Riley Hollingsworth and demand the FCC take away my
amateur radio license due to "bad attitudes?"

I'm dealing with your attitude this very moment.

Poorly, Grate One. :-)

You aren't tough to handle, Leonid.

can't silence my comments...

I can't hear your comments.

Neither can you understand Figures of Speech. :-)

:-) :-) :-)

Yet you go on
and on about other minutae of English language written words and
phrases AS IF you were a linguistic expert. You are NOT one.

You don't know if I am or if I am not. I'm doing much better with my
native tongue that the self-proclaimed "PROFESSIONAL WRITER."

I'm not going to silence you.

You said you "can't hear me." :-)

There you go! If I can't hear you, I can't silence you. :-) :-)

I'm going to counter you and make you an object of ridicule.

You've tried to do that for years. To little effect... :-)

You should think about that. You certainly lost control of
yourself--and not for the first time. It is plain to see that you enjoy
dishing out the insults and denigrations. You don't like it at all when
someone gets the best of you.

That doesn't mean there are no beginners in amateur radio. Everyone
with an amateur radio license was a newcomer at some point.

Not the Grate Heil!!! Never! :-)

Yes, Len, forty-three years ago, I was a beginner in amateur radio.
Back then, I was both a Novice and a novice.

Only you are trying to deny your beginner status.

"Beginner?" :-)

Yes, Len, you're a beginner in amateur radio. That's a fact.

You're now a neophyte in amateur radio.

The FCC doesn't use "neophyte" anywhere in Title 47 C.F.R.

That doesn't matter. The term applies to a beginner in any endeavor.
Someone who has never played a guitar and who buys one and attempts to
play it, is a beginner. A man who just obtained his first amateur radio
license is a beginner at amateur radio. Live with it.

Do you consider yourself "above" the FCC?

In what way, Leonard? I'm part of "We the people." In that way, I
consider myself above the FCC. Don't you?

...but not qualifying for the colloquial amateur radio expression "Extra
*right* out of the box."

Tsk, tsk, I've already told you what the colloquial phrase means,
yet you continue to "redefine" it to suit your own hatred.
Naughty, naughty...

The continuing is yours. You continue to leave out that word "right"
which precedes the phrase "out of the box" in your vintage boast.

I don't want to hang out with you. I don't want you as an on-air pal.
I really don't expect to encounter you on the ham bands.

You certainly sound anti-social. Tsk, tsk.

You've made a common mistake. If a guy says, "I don't like peach ice
cream", it doesn't mean that the man doesn't like ice cream.

You know and I know and Jim knows that the 5 wpm Morse Code test had you
beat.

It did?

Yes, it did.

I didn't know that!

Yes, you did.

I quit bothering about morse code
skill a long time ago...didn't make sense to me to keep it so
long just to satisfy some minority amateurs who favored that
mode for federal licensing.

You told us that you gave up. You quit. Now you describe it as "I quit
bothering about Morse code..."

The FCC stated publicly in 1990
that the morse code test was not considered a determining
factor for their granting amateur radio licenses...but they had
to follow adminstrative policy by agreeing to ITU amateur radio
regulations ("the treaty" as mislabeled by so many).

What about it? It was a requirement for obtaining an amateur radio
license until very recently. You "quit bothering" a long, long time ago.

Are you saying I could NEVER learn morse code?

When did you start to learn it? How old are you now?

Tsk, tsk, so
many (morsemen) have said that is EASY!

It was a snap, Len.

Are you saying I exhibit "sloth" in "not wanting to learn?"

You told us that you gave up.

How could you possibly say that without observing how I
have worked or accomplished in my life?

I didn't say you exhibited "sloth". You brought up the term.
As you mention, I didn't observe what you did in your life. I do know
that you told us that you reached a point in learning Morse code where
you simply gave up.

Of course you could
WRITE IT here (no one can hear you scream over the Internet)
but that would be woefully inaccurate.

I think you found learning the Morse code tougher than you thought. Is
that why you gave up on learning it?

No, you and Miccolis are carefully phrasing things about me
in a highly negative, derogatory way, intended to insult and
demean. It's always been that way in here. :-)

You left out "accurate" in your list of carefully phrased things.

You got the license the way you could get the license.

Brilliant deduction! Did you spend hours thinking that phrase up?

It wasn't necessary to stew on it or to mull it over. You were waiting
over seven years back but the FCC only reduced the Morse exam to
f i v e wpm. You waited for another s e v e n years until the Morse
exam went away. You got the license the way you could get the license.
Be proud! You've finally done it. You were "otherwise qualified." You
must have been the guy about whom Carl was writing. You were the
"otherwise qualified" guy.

Tsk, if you have some dispute about my getting an amateur
radio license, you are free to contact the FCC and complain
to them. Mention that I tested with a ARRL VEC examination
team, the ARRL VEC in Newington confirmed that, and forwarded
my test data to the FCC.

I don't have any dispute, Len. You obtained your license under the
regulations currently in place. Be happy!

Mention also your "elite status"
as a supreme authority on amateur radio matters and how you
consider yourself as primary judge and jury over and above
those who disagree with you. That should go over big.

I don't claim any elite status, Len. I'm just not a Lennie-come-lately.

I run into a number of folks who can't do high speed CW and whom I've
never "put down".

Tsk, tsk, you are losing your grip. :-)

Not at all, Len. Most folks I run into as I go about my daily life
don't act the way you act. :-)

Is old age finally getting to you?

I'm not yet old, Len. I plan to be some day.

Amateur structures falling down and damaging your house?

We had some hail recently. It didn't do any damage. I didn't think to
ask if it was professional or amateur hail. Since it came down with no
monetary compensation, it was hobby hail.

Worked more Frenchmen out of band?

Worked *any* Frenchmen, Len?

What was your AFSC?

I'm thinking of a number...

Dave K8MN

Old April 14th 07, 04:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

AF6AY wrote:

The usual ham who doesn't build or bother to check antennas
more than "open" or "closed' connections won't bother with
it, An antenna tuner, manual or automatic, can do all that
stuff of matching.

Antenna measurement equipment such as the Autek or MFJ-259 series has
never been more affordable than now.

But, is it better to remain ignorant of
certain operating characteristics of one's station or try to
know it in more specific detail? :-)

Have you run the numbers on your new vertical?

Dave K8MN
Old April 14th 07, 04:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

AF6AY wrote:
On Apr 12, 1:59�pm, wrote:

Heil isn't going to tell anyone directly. �He will cloud his
"answer" in generalized, ambiguous terms without being
specific.

Yup.

So far he's holding true to form. :-)

He "knows where he was" but won't say where or what he
was doing there.

You're starting to get it!

WE are "supposed" to take "His Word"
for it without yielding anything...

Take my word for what? What claim have I made?

(WE don't have to be supplied with detailed answers?).

That's correct.

Any way one slices that it is olde-tyme "snake oil
salesman" BS.

If you slice it correctly, it means you don't know much of anything
about my military service. It bugs you.

Dave K8MN
Old April 14th 07, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Dudley wrote:
"Dave Heil" wrote in message
. net...
AF6AY wrote:
On Apr 12, 1:59?pm, wrote:
Heil isn't going to tell anyone directly. ?He will cloud his
"answer" in generalized, ambiguous terms without being
specific.
Yup.
So far he's holding true to form. :-)

He "knows where he was" but won't say where or what he
was doing there.

You're starting to get it!

WE are "supposed" to take "His Word"
for it without yielding anything...

Take my word for what? What claim have I made?

(WE don't have to be supplied with detailed answers?).

That's correct.

Any way one slices that it is olde-tyme "snake oil
salesman" BS.

If you slice it correctly, it means you don't know much of anything
about my military service. It bugs you.

Dave K8MN

My curiousity is piqued. Why does Len feel that you how HIM any bits of
history or personal details regarding YOUR military service?

Len wants me to provide the information so that he can live up to the
terms of the very accurate profile of his actions which N2EY wrote some
years back. It says:

"No matter what job, educational level, employer, or
government/military service that a radio amateur has, if said radio
amateur opposes Mr. Anderson's views, he/she will be the target of Mr.
Anderson's insults, ridicule, name-calling, factual errors,
ethnic/racial/religious slurs, excessive emoticons and/or general
infantile behavior."

--N2EY

Len likes to refer to the profile as character assassination. The
problem with that is that he can be shown to have done all of these
things over and over and over. For it to be character assassination, it
would have to be shown that Len has not engaged in such behavior.

You certainly
"owe" him nothing in this regard, and other than Len is issuing some kind of
childish grade-school challenge ("step over this line...I dare ya..") his
queries are pointless babble.

I think you've summed it up in a nutshell.

You are correct. It clearly bothers Len that you are mum on this topic, as
well you should be. What will Len next do? Issue another, more serious
challenge and "double dog dare you" to satisfy his perverse curiousity? Keep
him guessing. It gives Len something to further grouse about...as if he
needs same.

Len lives up to the N2EY profile of his actions today as he did for all
of those years during which he had no amateur radio license. What he
claims to decry in others, he does himself.

Name and callsign not given because of you-know-who.

Dave K8MN
Old April 14th 07, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
. net...
AF6AY wrote:
On Apr 12, 1:59?pm, wrote:

Heil isn't going to tell anyone directly. ?He will cloud his
"answer" in generalized, ambiguous terms without being
specific.
Yup.

So far he's holding true to form. :-)

He "knows where he was" but won't say where or what he
was doing there.

You're starting to get it!

WE are "supposed" to take "His Word"
for it without yielding anything...

Take my word for what? What claim have I made?

(WE don't have to be supplied with detailed answers?).

That's correct.

Any way one slices that it is olde-tyme "snake oil
salesman" BS.

If you slice it correctly, it means you don't know much of anything
about my military service. It bugs you.

Dave K8MN

My curiousity is piqued. Why does Len feel that you how HIM any bits of
history or personal details regarding YOUR military service? You certainly

Old April 14th 07, 08:36 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
.net...
Dudley wrote:
"Dave Heil" wrote in message
. net...
AF6AY wrote:
On Apr 12, 1:59?pm, wrote:
[...]

Allow me the luxury of but a comment or two, then I shall no longer lend any
further credibility to Len by discussing this.
I've noted that Len takes, as I said, a childish, perverted pleasure in
playing word games while smiling to himself and needling others, yourself
especially. He should be left ignored. Len is apparently self-absorbed and,
as noted, becomes somewhat disgruntled when his diatribes go unanswered.
Len desires attention...nay...NEEDS attention as evidenced by his lengthy
posts. To ignore Len is to insult Len. He needs you far more than you need
him.
I look at Len with a sidewards, understanding glance. His comments are
bolstered by but a few in these groups and if his supporters, such as the
Myna Bird are any indication of his standing...well, that pretty much sums
it up.

73