Old April 26th 04, 12:31 PM
Frank Dresser

Default The Revolution Isn't Being Radioized

Air America's morining show hasn't shown up. They're playing lefty tunes,
at least on the Chicago outlet. Sounds like a two hour loop. It's actually
listenable!!

Listenable except for "We Didn't Start The Fire" or whatever it's called. I
imagine Billy Joel crashes his car every time that gawdawful tune comes up
on the car radio.

Frank Dresser

Old April 26th 04, 02:53 PM
David

It's on Sirius just fine. Maybe the Chicago station should get rid of
their big ugly dish and buy a $150 satellite radio.

Old April 26th 04, 03:41 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"David" wrote:
| It's on Sirius just fine. Maybe the Chicago station should get rid of
| their big ugly dish and buy a $150 satellite radio.

Maybe the Klinton worshippers should learn
honorable behavior, like paying the bill when it comes due.

73,

Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD
Burnsville, Minnesota

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to

---

Old April 26th 04, 04:36 PM
Frank Dresser

"David" wrote in message
It's on Sirius just fine. Maybe the Chicago station should get rid of
their big ugly dish and buy a $150 satellite radio.

The Chicago station is playing Air America programming. There's a short
spot in the loop promoting Al Franken's, Janeane Garofolo's and Randi
Rhode's shows. They also say Air American's programming is available on
satellite and on the internet, although I wasn't clear that Air America was
actually still active. The internet feed requires the latest Real Player
bloatware, which I refuse to install.

They offer no explaination why their regular programming isn't on the radio
here.

Frank Dresser

Old April 26th 04, 05:11 PM
Frank Dresser

"Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
ink.net...

Maybe the Klinton worshippers should learn
honorable behavior, like paying the bill when it comes due.

The worshippers may be coming up with Air America's cash, but Air America's
chairman, Evan Cohen, seems to have a more politically mixed backround.

"Montvel-Cohen, who also worked as chief of staff for former Republican Sen.
Tommy Tanaka, has been involved in several political issues on Guam,
according to Pacific Daily News files. "

"In 1999, he testified in Superior Court during the legal challenge to the
1998 gubernatorial election. Montvel-Cohen had been hired by attorney
Randall Cunliffe to dig deeper into a list of alleged illegal voters that
had been presented as evidence by attorneys for losing candidate Joseph Ada.
"

"A year later, Montvel-Cohen was chairman of "Concerned Citizens for Honesty
and Integrity in Government," which collected and spent nearly $15,000 for
several negative television and print ads about Democratic Sen. Ben
Pangelinan and several Republican candidates. "

http://www.guampdn.com/news/stories/...ws/238521.html

Air America is now back to live programming with Al Franken. Oh, well. I
liked Gil Scott Heron better.

Frank Dresser

Old April 26th 04, 08:16 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Frank Dresser" wrote in message

| "Stephen M.H. Lawrence" wrote in message
| ink.net...
|

| Maybe the Klinton worshippers should learn
| honorable behavior, like paying the bill when it comes due.
|

| The worshippers may be coming up with Air America's cash, but Air
America's
| chairman, Evan Cohen, seems to have a more politically mixed backround.
|

| "Montvel-Cohen, who also worked as chief of staff for former Republican
Sen.
| Tommy Tanaka, has been involved in several political issues on Guam,
| according to Pacific Daily News files. "
|
| "In 1999, he testified in Superior Court during the legal challenge to the
| 1998 gubernatorial election. Montvel-Cohen had been hired by attorney
| Randall Cunliffe to dig deeper into a list of alleged illegal voters that
| had been presented as evidence by attorneys for losing candidate Joseph
Ada.
| "
|
| "A year later, Montvel-Cohen was chairman of "Concerned Citizens for
Honesty
| and Integrity in Government," which collected and spent nearly $15,000 for
| several negative television and print ads about Democratic Sen. Ben
| Pangelinan and several Republican candidates. "
|

| http://www.guampdn.com/news/stories/...ws/238521.html
|

| Air America is now back to live programming with Al Franken. Oh, well. I
| liked Gil Scott Heron better.
|
| Frank Dresser

Fascinating stuff, Frank! Is Gil Scott Heron a local Chicago personality?
I used to enjoy listening to Steve Dahl on the Internet, and Kevin Matthews'
Larry King and Barney Fife impersonations still crack me up.

Old April 27th 04, 02:03 AM
Frank Dresser

Air America's live programming is off again in Chicago at 8:00pm. Back to
the music loop.

What a screwed up operation.

Frank Dresser