Old March 11th 07, 07:33 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default libel and VE Testing

wrote:

Completely meaningless. The "local" VE team could consist of people who
have
to drive 200 miles to administer a VE session.

nice of you to finaly agree to my point the number of Chassel in
meeaningless

meaning Steve was blowing smoke when he brought it up

Quite the opposite. It illustrates the fact concisely that given the low
number of licensed amateurs in your town (19), 1 of which is you and the
other of which is your wife (meaning there are 17 others) and the fact that
statistically only 1/6th of those hams are going to be Extra-class operators
(17 * .16 = 2.8), that means there are not enough licensed extra-class
operators in your town to administer you an examination -- even assuming
100% of those Extra-class operators were also VEs.

Why not lodge a formal complaint with the ARRL VEC regarding this VE
Teams'
actions?

why?

You claim you were discriminated against by evil procoders. If this is true,
wouldn't you want those VEs punished so they couldn't likewise discriminate
against other nocoders in the area?

your word is meaningless then I see

Not at all. Sleet happens. There have been cases locally where VE teams have
called around looking for other VEs to help out at test sessions when one or
more of the VEs scheduled to show up for some reason didn't.

That's correct. A VE team is under no obligation to conduct a session at
the
whim of the testee. A VE team that refuses to conduct a session on the
basis
that the applicants are codeless techs, however, risks having their
credentials pulled by the VEC they work under.

where is that rule you making up Mike

Again, ask the ARRL if they allow their VE teams to discriminate against
codeless techs. I virtually guarentee you such a team would get their
credentials revolked.

Now indeed I am or more properly soon will be

I'm sure the FCC will oh so enjoy attempting to decypher your submittals.

not agin where did I say I was becomeing a VE?

In the same message you said you're getting your extra-class operator
ticket.

Perhaps if you limited yourself to a dozen posts a day rather than 300,
you'd remember what you said.

mike do any besides myself and my wife need to upgrade at all?

Nobody "needs" to upgrade, if they're happen with their operating privileges
in their current form. Some folks are happy with their existing license
class and have no intention on upgrading.

If you do Mark, good for you.

cuting your remark where you claimed in corrtect I had to wiat for
april

always editing the responses to your mistakes Mike

I'm not familiar with the "AES Hamfest" in MI. My source of area VE
examinations is the ARRL web site, which lists upcoming examination sessions
for both the W5YI and ARRL VECs. According to that published data, the only
upcoming session sponsored by the VE team you've libeled is their session in
April.

then your knowledge base is all but non existant and your postion flip
flip almost as fast as John Kerry

If my knowledge base is "all but" non-existant, what's that makes yours?
Negative territory?

Old March 11th 07, 07:39 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Morkie and VE Testing

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 11, 12:03 pm, "Dee Flint" wrote:
"KH6HZ" wrote in message

Dee was an unwitting accomplice in Robesin's plan. She could have
snipped that part out if she had read it and understood what she was
reading.

More rubbish.

Besides it's not my job to edit Steve's posts simply to make other's
happy.

That's easy to say when you are not the target of Robesin's attacks.

I was replying sole to the error.

Which one? Robesin made several.

When I have the time to do some snipping,
I'll do so on longer posts but don't bother on shorter ones as it's not
worth the effort.

Dee, N8UZE

So if Robesin's attacks are short and sweet, you're good with it?

I ignore all attacks by everyone. I refuse to play those games. Any
snippage that I choose to do is to simply shorten the post so the reader
does not have to wade through hundreds of words to get to my comments.

Dee, N8UZE

Old March 11th 07, 07:40 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:

then why do you suport and Encourage Robeson et all in doing so?

I'm responsible for what I write. I'm not responsible for what other people
write.

You seem to want to use the concept of "passive acceptance" on everyone.

If that is the case, Mark, I sure hope you spend a lot of time publically
denouncing all the travesties occuring thruout the world -- since, if you do
not, clearly you agree with them.

For example, can you please point out your public posting condemning the
tribal violence in Rwanda? With all the women and children getting hacked to
death, certainly you posted something condemning these deaths.

If you didn't... well, clearly according to the logic you apply to other
people's postings, you support murdering women and children.

Old March 11th 07, 07:49 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default VE Testing Rules

wrote:

How about this one:

;-^

I'll add it for future reference.

How's that?

That seems to be a very well thought-out list.

Possibly. The problem is that such retesting would
place a burden both on the licensees and the VE
system.

Given that there are many changes to the regulations over the course of 10
years, would it be a tremendous burden to have every ham take a small
examination covering current rules and regulations at the time of renewal?
Not being a VE I cannot say for sure, but I would think the impact would be
fairly minimal on most VE teams. In reality you're talking (on average) 5k
renewals per month spread out over the entire USA.

Actually it's quite rare. But it's certainly a lot
more common than such violations by young amateurs.

Well, I didn't mean amateurs, I was referring more to how old people seem to
get bitter with age.

He *chose* to wait all those years.

One has to wonder (if even for a brief moment) why you would purposely deny
yourself years of enjoyment.

My level of activity in ham radio varies depending on my parental
obligations. With the birth of my 3rd in '98 I found I had almost no time by
2000. Now that he is 8, I find I have more time as he begins to assert his
independence and my other two are into their teens.

As my life proceeds, I may experience various levels of active/inactivity,
but I'll always have a ham ticket to enjoy.

73
kh6hz

Old March 11th 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:

Given that there are many changes to the regulations over the course of 10
years, would it be a tremendous burden to have every ham take a small
examination covering current rules and regulations at the time of renewal?
Not being a VE I cannot say for sure, but I would think the impact would
be
fairly minimal on most VE teams. In reality you're talking (on average) 5k
renewals per month spread out over the entire USA.

some bruden certainly but the idea certainly has merit and something
like has figured in my coment and letter to the FCC over the years

The regulations can change so much in a decade, I really do not think it is
a major burden to have a licensed ham take a small examination covering
topical material which has changed over the past decade. This would help
ensure our "pool of trained radio operators" are knowledgable about all the
latest rules, regs, etc.

is that something you personaly empathize with?

I'm busy enjoying life and ham radio. I made 2 contacts late this morning
before I started working on my motorcycle engine rebuild project. How 'bout
you?

Old March 11th 07, 07:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 10, 1:02 pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 10, 11:07 am, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
On Mar 10, 12:15 am, "Dee Flint" wrote:
wrote in message
egroups.com...
On Mar 9, 9:53 pm, "Mork" Dork@anon wrote:
[snip]
So less than two dozen ( 24) amateurs aren't enough to make up a

VE
team? That IS news to me.
If the numbers presented earlier were correct, it would not matter

if they
were all VEs. They could not have tested Mark since only one of

them held a
license class higher than General. To conduct a General license

exam, they
must hold either an Advanced or Extra license.
Dee is a cheerleader for Morse Code and the ARRL. That's known as
"bias."
My support of Morse code has no bearing on the number of VEs in

Mark's area
who are eligible to administer the General exam.
Dee, N8UZE
Fair enough.
I was just disgusted by your legitimizing Robesin's sexual inuendo

and
accusations that Mark's wife is a man.
That is all.
I sometimes get the feeling that you're about as peculiarly wired as

Mark.
Sometimes? Don't hold back. What do you think of me the rest of the
time?

I wasn't writing about the rest of the time. I expressed my view
concisely.

Nothing was said about your inability to express a view concisely.
And I asked for you to cover all of the bases.

Since you've asked: Much of the time, you write like an
insecure fellow with a chip on his shoulder.

See? I knew you could do it. All it took was a little gentle
coaxing.

There have been occasions
though, when you've posted something in a fairly rational manner.

To ascribe some sinister motivation to Dee Flint is at best, absurd.

Dee was an unwitting accomplice in Robesin's plan. She could have
snipped that part out if she had read it and understood what she was
reading.

And then your butt-buddy Mark would have accused her of post editing.
You are becomming as bizarre as Mark.

Old March 11th 07, 08:01 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in message
s.com...
On Mar 11, 5:01 am, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
nope it is becuase I did not yeaild to the blackmail of Steve J
robeson 9 years agao

Blackmail is a very serious crime. One has to wonder why the Houghton

County
Prosecuting Attorney didn't haul Steve in 8.5 years ago...

Robesin has an attorney on retainer - gratis.

Then he started guessing who the attorney's new bride was sleeping
with, right here on RRAP.

I wonder if Robesin will be well represented by such an attorney who
offers to work for free then suffers Robesin's insults?

With Robesin, it's always about the wives...

And with you and your socially dysfunctional buddy Mark, it's always about
Robesin.

Old March 11th 07, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 10, 8:32 pm, "Dean M" wrote:
wrote in message

ups.com...

On Mar 10, 11:29 am, "Dean M" wrote:

How's that report on me going. Should be at least 500 words double
spaced

The report was completed back when I said I made it.

I so doubt that. You're all bluster like your trainer

I so don't care. But here's an interesting little factoid so that
you'll sleep better at night:

You asked for my State's Attorney General and I gave his info to you,
but I had merely reported you to your ISP.

You jump to conclusions then harass me when the AG office doesn't
check on you. What an idiot.

Awwww....did you go crying to somebody's ISP? Poor baby.
That is so Wiseman of you.

Old March 11th 07, 08:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"KH6HZ" wrote in message

Dee was an unwitting accomplice in Robesin's plan. She could have
snipped that part out if she had read it and understood what she was
reading.

More rubbish.

Since there are several states which allow same-sex marriages, it is not
outside the realm of possibility that Mark's 'wife' is male.

I also think that the majority of the legitimately signed participants

here
could care less one way or the other if Mark's wife is male, female, or a
holstein cow.

(Do we get to take a vote? I vote number 3.)

Old March 11th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in message
ups.com...
On Mar 11, 4:52 am, "KH6HZ" wrote:
wrote:
I spuse I confused stave when I said Local as oposed to
houghton/hancock area

and mike just followed suit

Not at all. You're the one who claims Steve "lied".

Steve made a factual statement, as did I. There are 19 licensed amateurs

in
Chasell. That is not a "lie". Anyone can go to QRZ and see for

themselves

How many licensed amateurs are in Hermann's PO Box? Where should they
be?

Do what Steve did. Research it yourself.