Old March 20th 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default VE Testing Rules

On Mar 19, 4:21�pm, wrote:
On Mar 19, 8:42 pm, Dave Heil wrote:

wrote:
On Mar 19, 8:33?am, "an old friend" wrote:
On Mar 18, 12:12 pm, "Alun L. Palmer" wrote:

" wrote roups.com:
Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen. Welcome
aboard.
Alun N3KIP
he did just as he said he would years ago

* *I did NOT "do as I said years ago." *

No, you most certainly did not. *You made a boast over seven years back
of going for an "Extra right out of the box". *You did squat for those
years.

* *Miccolis MANUFACTURED
* *some life-enduring "promise" out of whole cloth, taking it well
* *out of context at the time.

It was not manufactured at all and was certainly not taken out of
context. *That you now find it embarrassing is the issue.

* *I did not seriously consider getting an amateur radio license
* *until the 17th of February. *That's the truth regardless of how
* *others twist around old statements of mine. *

I find it difficult to accept your claim as factual.

* *However, once
* *IN, I plan to stay in...until I decide to get out (if I do).

Everyone who becomes a radio amateur has a finite time in which to
participate.

* *Once a REAL decision has been made, then one can work
* *towards that goal with more attention. *There is NO extra-
* *special, genius (or genuous) level of knowledge required to
* *pass those tests. *

I don't recall a single Morse-tested Extra class licensee ever saying
that the Amateur Extra was a mark of genius.

* *All it takes is some attention-focused
* *work.

Many told you so. *You usually dismissed them. *You were told the same
about learning Morse code.

Dave K8MN

Dave, how's that run for the Roanoke Division Director coming?

Instead of becoming Division Manager "Right Out Of The Box," you might
want to try being a Section Manager first, and work your way up the
ladder. *I understand that your Section, West Virginia, will be having
a run-off soon, so you might as well start now. *After all, you have a
finite time for eligibility and in which to participate. *All it takes
is some attention-focused work.

Best of Luck

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/org/smterms.html- Hide quoted text -

Tsk, tsk, Brian, that would be a step DOWN for the great
David Heil! :-)

Darn, I should have made a note of the DATE at which he
started campaigning for Manager. Could have come back
years later about his BOASTING on getting elected! :-)

73, Len AF6AY

Old March 21st 07, 12:23 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

" wrote roups.com:
[...]

73, Len AF6AY- Hide quoted text -

Heil made the announcement on September 7, 2006.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...daa0cf5?hl=en&

In another declaration, Heil said that people who cannot spell should
not hold a position of leadership.

Shortly thereafter, I noted spelling errors in a Heil posting and made
note of it.

Which is worse, making spelling errors, or working out-of-band
Frenchmen on Six Meters?

Apparently, Heil thinks it's the former. I think it's the latter. In
any case, Heil did both.

His run for the Roanoke Division Directorship is doomed.

Old March 21st 07, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Seven Years, Two Months Ago Today

On Mar 19, 9:13�pm, Dave Heil wrote:
wrote:
" wrote roups.com:
Blimey! You got a callsign! I didn't think it would ever happen. Welcome
aboard.
Alun N3KIP

he did just as he said he would years ago

I did NOT "do as I said years ago."

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

No, you most certainly did not. You made a boast over seven years
back of going for an "Extra right out of the box". ?
You did squat for those years.

Dave,

Haven't you figured out Len's game yet?

It's really simple.

He plants errors in his posts, then argues with
and derides some of those who point them out.

Well he *makes* a great many factual errors. *I didn't think they were
all planted though.

I didn't say they were *all* planted.

But consider the one under discussion. Len
wrote in January 2000 that he was going for
Extra out of the box. No mention of waiting for
the Morse Code test to be removed. Then he
finally does it seven years and some days later.
All easily verified facts.

But then he says he did not do as he said
he would do, years ago.

Why would someone put such an obvious and
easily-disproved error into a posting here?

MANUFACTURED
some life-enduring "promise" out of whole cloth, taking it well
out of context at the time.

See? There he goes! The context is crystal clear, yet
he says the whole thing is "MANUFACTURED".

It was not manufactured at all and was certainly not taken out of
context. That you now find it embarrassing is the issue.

Here's a link to that posting of Jan 19, 2000:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

And the famous quote:

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

"an old friend" knows what Len meant.

You know what Len meant.

I know what Len meant.

Anyone who understands plain English who reads that
post knows what Len meant.

I'm banking on that. *He bragged. *He fell.

He finally did it, though.

btw - more recently, Len boasted that he could pass the
Extra with or without the Morse Code test. Since he
waited until after the Morse Code test was eliminated,
it proved to be an idle boast.

It is something he'll never have the opportunity to find out.

I'm sure a simulated test could be arranged.

I did not seriously consider getting an amateur radio license
until the 17th of February.

Note that Len does not mention which year!

No, he does not.

I think he meant Feb 17 1999, soon after the Reply Comments
to 98-143 closed. You know - the Reply Comments where he
proposed a minimum age of 14 years for any class of Amateur
Radio license.

See? It's all other people's fault. Even though Len wrote:

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

way back then.

I find it difficult to accept your claim as factual.

However, once
IN, I plan to stay in...until I decide to get out (if I do).
Everyone who becomes a radio amateur has a finite time in which to
participate.

Do you think Len has an HF amateur radio station of his own
operational yet?

Noooooo.

If he ever does set up a station, do you think it will be a
state-of-the-art experimental station, mostly homebrew?

Noooooo.

Or do you think it will be an assembly of off-the-shelf
manufactured equipment?

Assuredly.

It's really simple: Len wants others to do as he says,
not as he does.

Once a REAL decision has been made, then one can work
towards that goal with more attention.

I could have told Len that back in 1970, when I got my Extra
in the summer between 10th and 11th grade.

I believe you could have. *Len just procrastinated for decades. *He
couldn't overcome inertia.

Nobody really knows.

* *There is NO extra-
special, genius (or genuous) level of knowledge required to
pass those tests.

Yup. Yet it took Len all those years to get his.

Inertia.

Maybe.

I don't recall a single Morse-tested Extra class licensee ever saying
that the Amateur Extra was a mark of genius.

Not a one.

So where does Len get his ideas? *Does he forget that *he* is the one
who has stated such things?

Actually, that's probably true.

Have you forgotten the post where I explained the basics of the
psychological terms "projection" and "transference"?

Here's a handy link, for reference:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...e=source&hl=en

or

http://tinyurl.com/2jsrdb

All it takes is some attention-focused
work.

How about that! Even with all of Len's PROFESSIONAL experience,
it took *work* for him to pass the Extra.

But what has Len said of "work" in the past?

Refresh my memory.

I didn't think it was work at all, back in 1970. Nor now.

You wouldn't think it would be much work for a PROFESSIONAL.

I do recall Len complaining that learning Morse Code was
hard work for him. He claimed to have reached 7 or 8
wpm way back when.

Many told you so. You usually dismissed them. You were told the same
about learning Morse code.

Consider Len's game, Dave. He says he will do things, then
doesn't do them. Like the way he said he would leave rrap
when the Morse Code test was eliminated. Element 1
went away, but Len didn't.

If you couple his deliberate and other factual errors with the fact that
you can't take him at his word, you aren't left with much.

Projection. Transference.

Or he says things and then denies he said them. Then folks
waste time pointing out his errors, and he gets to insult them
for telling the truth.

...or says that those things are MANUFACTURED out of whole cloth or that
they are taken out of context.

Yet we never get an explanation of the context.

Keep at it and he'll toss in the Byte Brothers quote and
other insults.

...or tell you to DROP IT!

Or to go get....you know the rest.

And after all that, he will complain about the 'filth' in a thread.

Here's that link anc quote, again:

http://tinyurl.com/c5qyv

LA "I'm going for Amateur Extra "out of the box." "

And he finally did - seven years later. Now he's finally
a new radio amateur. A novice, beginner, tyro, tenderfoot,
wet-behind-the-ears, just-out-of-the-box newbie to
amateur radio.

Yup.

Go a little easy on Len. He needs quite a bit of Elmering, I think.

Most neophytes do.

Ah yes, neophyte. What the Gs call 'nippers'.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old March 21st 07, 01:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 20, 3:23�pm, wrote:

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/org...tml-Hidequoted text -

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r.../msg/eb0250fae...

In another declaration, Heil said that people who cannot spell should
not hold a position of leadership.

He might have been thinking in Hunnish at the time. He says
that he KNOWS how Hun names are spelled in English...

Shortly thereafter, I noted spelling errors in a Heil posting and made
note of it.

Which is worse, making spelling errors, or working out-of-band
Frenchmen on Six Meters?

Anything said negative against him is "worst." Doesn't matter
what the subject is... :-)

Apparently, Heil thinks it's the former. *I think it's the latter. *In
any case, Heil did both.

He might be hedging his bets...

His run for the Roanoke Division Directorship is doomed.

No sweat. He is "superior" to anyone. Sooner or later he
will rule the (amateur) world...

Anyway, he no "represent" me, never could, never would...

73, Len

Old March 21st 07, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 20, 9:39 pm, " wrote:
On Mar 20, 3:23?pm, wrote:

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/org...Hidequotedtext -

? ?Tsk, tsk, Brian, that would be a step DOWN for the great
? ?David Heil! ? :-)

? ?Darn, I should have made a note of the DATE at which he
? ?started campaigning for Manager. ?Could have come back
? ?years later about his BOASTING on getting elected! ? :-)

Heil made the announcement on September 7, 2006.

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r.../msg/eb0250fae...

In another declaration, Heil said that people who cannot spell should
not hold a position of leadership.

He might have been thinking in Hunnish at the time. He says
that he KNOWS how Hun names are spelled in English...

I'm sure he would make spelling errors in both English and Hunnish.
He's human, I think.

Shortly thereafter, I noted spelling errors in a Heil posting and made
note of it.

Which is worse, making spelling errors, or working out-of-band
Frenchmen on Six Meters?

Anything said negative against him is "worst." Doesn't matter
what the subject is... :-)

A little constructive criticism never hurt anyone, or has it?

Apparently, Heil thinks it's the former. ?I think it's the latter. ?In
any case, Heil did both.

He might be hedging his bets...

or he's shooting for a trifecta.

His run for the Roanoke Division Directorship is doomed.

No sweat. He is "superior" to anyone. Sooner or later he
will rule the (amateur) world...

I think not.

Anyway, he no "represent" me, never could, never would...

73, Len

Hopefully, he represents only hisself.

Old March 22nd 07, 12:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 21, 2:16�pm, wrote:
On Mar 20, 9:39 pm, " wrote:

On Mar 20, 3:23?pm, wrote:

http://www.arrl.org/FandES/field/org...idequotedtext-

[...]

Normally that is true. To some pro-coders it is the vilest comment
that can be made to them! :-)

Apparently, Heil thinks it's the former. ?I think it's the latter. ?In
any case, Heil did both.

* *He might be hedging his bets...

or he's shooting for a trifecta.

Whatever he is shooting at, his aim is off... :-(

His run for the Roanoke Division Directorship is doomed.

* *No sweat. *He is "superior" to anyone. *Sooner or later he
* *will rule the (amateur) world...

I think not.

Well, he implies as such...and in public, too! :-)

* *Anyway, he no "represent" me, never could, never would...

Hopefully, he represents only hisself.

To paraphrase, he is "a representative of one!" salute

73, Len

Old March 23rd 07, 12:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 21, 8:33 pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 21, 2:16?pm, wrote:

On Mar 20, 9:39 pm, " wrote:

On Mar 20, 3:23?pm, wrote:
" wrote roups.com:
[...]

It has the largest impact on the smug ones.

Apparently, Heil thinks it's the former. ?I think it's the latter. ?In
any case, Heil did both.

? ?He might be hedging his bets...

or he's shooting for a trifecta.

Whatever he is shooting at, his aim is off... :-(

We'll see.

The nomination period is open for the Roanoke Division Directorship,
and he's already announced his candidacy.

Now we must wait/see if he has enough local support or if he must self-
nominate.

Then the ARRL might accept or deny his nomination - conflicts of
interest and such. You know the drill.

Then there's the all important election, if he had a campaign...

If elected, will he acceptor decline the position? ... to spend more
time with his family.

His run for the Roanoke Division Directorship is doomed.

? ?No sweat. ?He is "superior" to anyone. ?Sooner or later he
? ?will rule the (amateur) world...

I think not.

Well, he implies as such...and in public, too! :-)

That's not a good thing to be implied when running for Div. Director.

? ?Anyway, he no "represent" me, never could, never would...

Hopefully, he represents only hisself.

To paraphrase, he is "a representative of one!" salute

73, Len

A true democracy!

Old March 23rd 07, 12:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 22, 3:02�pm, wrote:
On Mar 21, 8:33 pm, "AF6AY" wrote:

On Mar 21, 2:16?pm, wrote:

On Mar 20, 9:39 pm, " wrote:

On Mar 20, 3:23?pm, wrote:
" wrote roups.com:
[...]

That's nice...

Now we must wait/see if he has enough local support or if he must self-
nominate.

That might be interesting...

Then the ARRL might accept or deny his nomination - conflicts of
interest and such. *You know the drill.

Well, he IS an olde-tymer and a morseman. I doubt if there will
be any close-order drill involved. Should not be a problem for
one of the "old school" in hamateur raddio.

Then there's the all important election, if he had a campaign...

If elected, will he accept or decline the position? * ... to spend more
time with his family.

Ahem..."family?" A second wife, maybe the daughter from
the first marriage...?

His run for the Roanoke Division Directorship is doomed.

? ?No sweat. ?He is "superior" to anyone. ?Sooner or later he
? ?will rule the (amateur) world...

I think not.

* *Well, he implies as such...and in public, too! * :-)

That's not a good thing to be implied when running for Div. Director.

? ?Anyway, he no "represent" me, never could, never would...

Hopefully, he represents only hisself.

* *To paraphrase, he is "a representative of one!" * * salute

A true democracy!

A "solo oligarchy!" :-)

The old Greeks would approve...maybe. The original representative
government-congress model for the rest of the world (of the Vikings
and roughly preserved in Iceland) called the 'allthing' would not.

One doesn't mess with Vikings. :-)

73, Len

Old March 23rd 07, 10:51 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 22, 8:58 pm, "AF6AY" wrote:
On Mar 22, 3:02?pm, wrote:

On Mar 21, 8:33 pm, "AF6AY" wrote:

On Mar 21, 2:16?pm, wrote:

On Mar 20, 9:39 pm, " wrote:

On Mar 20, 3:23?pm, wrote:
" wrote roups.com:
[...]

Maybe not. At least I'm not in the Roanoke Division.

Now we must wait/see if he has enough local support or if he must self-
nominate.

That might be interesting...

Might be a long, long wait.

Then the ARRL might accept or deny his nomination - conflicts of
interest and such. You know the drill.

Well, he IS an olde-tymer and a morseman. I doubt if there will
be any close-order drill involved. Should not be a problem for
one of the "old school" in hamateur raddio.

He doesn't work for a living, so he is hugely qualified.

Then there's the all important election, if he had a campaign...

If elected, will he accept or decline the position? ? ... to spend more
time with his family.

Ahem..."family?" A second wife, maybe the daughter from
the first marriage...?

Yep, when a skeleton pops up, candidate gets scarce and claim they are
spending time with their families. Let the healing begin.

His run for the Roanoke Division Directorship is doomed.

? ?No sweat. ?He is "superior" to anyone. ?Sooner or later he
? ?will rule the (amateur) world...

I think not.

? ?Well, he implies as such...and in public, too! ? :-)

That's not a good thing to be implied when running for Div. Director.

? ?Anyway, he no "represent" me, never could, never would...

Hopefully, he represents only hisself.

? ?To paraphrase, he is "a representative of one!" ? ? salute

A true democracy!

A "solo oligarchy!" :-)

The old Greeks would approve...maybe.

Would the new Greeks?

The original representative
government-congress model for the rest of the world (of the Vikings
and roughly preserved in Iceland) called the 'allthing' would not.

Valhalla.

One doesn't mess with Vikings. :-)

I don't mess with my Nye-Viking... much.

73, Len

73

Old March 27th 07, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in
oups.com:

wrote:
[...]

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.r...g/71787776dd60
6ca9?dmode=source&hl=en

or

http://tinyurl.com/2jsrdb

[...]

A nipper is a child - on air we call them 'harmonics'. Oddly enough, we
refer to both spurii and children as 'sprogs' also.

73 de Alun, N3KIP, G8VUK