Old March 22nd 07, 04:15 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

Default Digital advancements, slowly but surely ...

http://www.w1hkj.com/

JS
Old March 22nd 07, 07:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

....and from a 20wpm coded ham.

How 'bout that!

Old March 22nd 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

KH6HZ wrote:
...and from a 20wpm coded ham.

How 'bout that!

Yep, if that ain't enough to shame the "religious-zealot-procoders" into
shame and getting on board the "Good-Ship-Progress"--NOTHING WILL! :-D

JS
Old March 23rd 07, 04:06 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

"John Smith I" wrote in message

http://www.w1hkj.com/

JS

At first it looks great, but then you realize it is (ugh) linux.

Old March 23rd 07, 05:10 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 23:06:36 -0400, "Stefan Wolfe"
wrote:

"John Smith I" wrote in message

http://www.w1hkj.com/

JS

At first it looks great, but then you realize it is (ugh) linux.

so?

Who asked you, Mark? Crapping on another thread, as usual...

Old March 24th 07, 02:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote:

"John Smith I" wrote in message

http://www.w1hkj.com/

JS

At first it looks great, but then you realize it is (ugh) linux.

so?

Have you ever gone through the trouble to install any version of this over
rated operating system, whose only advantage is that it may save you $99,
only to find it's utility is less advanced and not as nearly supported as
win 95 from 12 years ago? No? You never heard of linux? Thought so.

Old March 24th 07, 02:39 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:15:41 -0400, "Stefan Wolfe"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

"John Smith I" wrote in message

http://www.w1hkj.com/

JS

At first it looks great, but then you realize it is (ugh) linux.

so?

Have you ever gone through the trouble to install any version of this over
rated operating system.......

yes I have

Really? Which release? Redhat? Debian? Please let us know about your
expertise in linux!

Old March 24th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

wrote in message
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:39:33 -0400, "Stefan Wolfe"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:15:41 -0400, "Stefan Wolfe"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

"John Smith I" wrote in message

http://www.w1hkj.com/

JS

At first it looks great, but then you realize it is (ugh) linux.

so?

Have you ever gone through the trouble to install any version of this
over
rated operating system.......

yes I have

Really? Which release? Redhat? Debian? Please let us know about your
expertise in linux!

red hat and Mandrake I do wosh wish more software was supported in
linux I have only dabbled but I had trouble seting either up althought
the red hat seems less "transperant and I decided after a couple of
false start to blank the hd and try again that pc is in the other end
of the so I don't recel which version 6.something I think

I loved using it whnen I was stuck still on dailup in Illinois the
system seemed to less over head so responded better than windoze

I installed the free redhat fedora distribution and found that only basic
applications were supported (like going back to windows 1.1). I had to
re-partition my hardfile without reformatting the drive so I had to get
cracked copy of partition magic from IRC sources. I never was able to get
my hardfile back in shape. The whole experience was bad. Now we have this
ham giving away linux versions of basic digital modes and we call that
advanced. I am pro-code but the fact that the author of these linux programs
is a 20wpm coded ham does seem to validate the no code position that coders
are stuck in the past...like pre win-95.

Old March 24th 07, 04:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 23, 10:11 pm, "Stefan Wolfe" wrote:
wrote in message

On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:39:33 -0400, "Stefan Wolfe"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 21:15:41 -0400, "Stefan Wolfe"
wrote:

m...
wrote:

[...]

Thief

I never was able to get
my hardfile back in shape. The whole experience was bad. Now we have this
ham giving away linux versions of basic digital modes and we call that
advanced.

compared to Morse Code it certainly is advanced that is far the Coder
have set us back

I am pro-code but the fact that the author of these linux programs
is a 20wpm coded ham does seem to validate the no code position that coders
are stuck in the past...like pre win-95.-

how?

Old March 24th 07, 07:30 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy

On Mar 22, 12:15 pm, John Smith I wrote:
http://www.w1hkj.com/

JS

You don't need all those different modes...

http://www.qrz.com/ib-bin/ikonboard....T&f=3&t=150129