RadioBanter

-   -   ARS License Numbers (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26575-re-ars-license-numbers.html)

N2EY March 1st 04 10:07 PM

These are the number of unexpired FCC ARS
licenses held by individuals on the dates listed:

As of May 14, 2000:

Novice - 49,329
Tech - 205,394
Tech Plus - 128,860
General - 112,677
Advanced - 99,782
Extra - 78,750
Total - 674,792

As of February 29, 2004:

Novice - 32,487 (decrease of 16,842)
Technician - 261,050 (increase of 55,656)
Technician Plus - 61,644 (decrease of 67,216)
General - 141,144 (increase of 28,467)
Advanced - 81,455 (decrease of 18,327)
Extra - 105,075 (increase of 26,325)
Total - 682,855 (increase of 8,063)

73 de Jim, N2EY

N2EY March 16th 04 05:05 PM

These are the number of unexpired FCC ARS
licenses held by individuals on the dates listed:

As of May 14, 2000:

Novice - 49,329
Tech - 205,394
Tech Plus - 128,860
General - 112,677
Advanced - 99,782
Extra - 78,750
Total - 674,792

As of March 15, 2004:

Novice - 32,445 (decrease of 16,884)
Technician - 261,786 (increase of 56,392)
Technician Plus - 61,356 (decrease of 67,504)
General - 141,043 (increase of 28,366)
Advanced - 81,285 (decrease of 18,497)
Extra - 105,132 (increase of 26,382)
Total - 683,047 (increase of 8,255)

73 de Jim, N2EY

N2EY April 2nd 04 01:58 AM

These are the number of unexpired FCC ARS
licenses held by individuals on the dates listed:

As of May 14, 2000:

Novice - 49,329
Tech - 205,394
Tech Plus - 128,860
General - 112,677
Advanced - 99,782
Extra - 78,750
Total - 674,792

As of March 31, 2004:

Novice - 32,247 (decrease of 17,082)
Technician - 262,370 (increase of 56,976)
Technician Plus - 60,885 (decrease of 67,975)
General - 140,768 (increase of 28,091)
Advanced - 80,922 (decrease of 18,810)
Extra - 105,152 (increase of 26,402)
Total - 682,344 (increase of 7,552)

73 de Jim, N2EY

Bill Sohl April 2nd 04 04:57 PM

-------------
As of March 31, 2004:
Novice - 32,247 (decrease of 17,082)
Technician - 262,370 (increase of 56,976)
Technician Plus - 60,885 (decrease of 67,975)
General - 140,768 (increase of 28,091)
Advanced - 80,922 (decrease of 18,810)
Extra - 105,152 (increase of 26,402)
Total - 682,344 (increase of 7,552)

But compared to March 31 of 2003 when
the total was 685,432 we have a 12 month
decrease of 3000.

Additionally, there are some "heavy"
concentrations of license expirations coming up
in the next several months which, I think, will
see our total licenses drop below 680K and
maybe below the March 2000 number.

Cheersm
Bill K2UNK

N2EY April 3rd 04 02:35 AM

In article . net, "Bill Sohl"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message
These are the number of unexpired FCC ARS
licenses held by individuals on the dates listed:

As of May 14, 2000:

Novice - 49,329
Tech - 205,394
Tech Plus - 128,860
General - 112,677
Advanced - 99,782
Extra - 78,750
Total - 674,792
-------------
As of March 31, 2004:
Novice - 32,247 (decrease of 17,082)
Technician - 262,370 (increase of 56,976)
Technician Plus - 60,885 (decrease of 67,975)
General - 140,768 (increase of 28,091)
Advanced - 80,922 (decrease of 18,810)
Extra - 105,152 (increase of 26,402)
Total - 682,344 (increase of 7,552)

But compared to March 31 of 2003 when
the total was 685,432 we have a 12 month
decrease of 3000.

Actually a tad more than 3000, Bill.

Additionally, there are some "heavy"
concentrations of license expirations coming up
in the next several months which, I think, will
see our total licenses drop below 680K and
maybe below the March 2000 number.

Time will tell. The renewal rules confuse the situation because you cannot
renew more than 90 days before expiration, but you can let the license expire
and then renew in the 2 year grace period.

The big question is: why such slow growth even after the restructuring of 2000?

73 de Jim, N2EY

Dee D. Flint April 3rd 04 02:56 AM

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article . net, "Bill

Sohl"
writes:

"N2EY" wrote in message
[...]

Just an FYI. Any license that is expired but still in the grace period is
not listed as expired until after the grace period is over.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

N2EY April 3rd 04 03:59 AM

In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

Time will tell. The renewal rules confuse the situation because you cannot
renew more than 90 days before expiration, but you can let the license

expire
and then renew in the 2 year grace period.

The big question is: why such slow growth even after the restructuring of

2000?

73 de Jim, N2EY

Just an FYI. Any license that is expired but still in the grace period is
not listed as expired until after the grace period is over.

That depends on how the data is compiled.

The numbers I post here do not include licenses in the grace period. Neither do
those on the AH0A website.

73 de Jim, N2EY

Bill Sohl April 3rd 04 03:20 PM

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Dee D. Flint"
writes:

Time will tell. The renewal rules confuse the situation because you

cannot
renew more than 90 days before expiration, but you can let the license
expire and then renew in the 2 year grace period.

The big question is: why such slow growth even after the restructuring

of
2000?

73 de Jim, N2EY

Just an FYI. Any license that is expired but still in the grace period

is
not listed as expired until after the grace period is over.

That depends on how the data is compiled.

The numbers I post here do not include
licenses in the grace period. Neither do
those on the AH0A website.
73 de Jim, N2EY

Jim is 100% accurate on that.
Towards that point, if we add grace
period expirations to the 684K total it would probably
be over 800K hams.

Cheers,
Bill K2UNK

N2EY April 17th 04 01:56 PM

These are the number of unexpired FCC ARS
licenses held by individuals on the dates listed:

As of May 14, 2000:

Novice - 49,329
Tech - 205,394
Tech Plus - 128,860
General - 112,677
Advanced - 99,782
Extra - 78,750
Total - 674,792

As of April 15, 2004:

Novice - 32,092 (decrease of 17,237)
Technician - 262,886 (increase of 57,492)
Technician Plus - 60,597 (decrease of 68,263)
General - 140,586 (increase of 27,909)
Advanced - 80,717 (decrease of 19,065)
Extra - 105,246 (increase of 26,496)
Total - 682,124 (increase of 7,332)

73 de Jim, N2EY

Robert Casey April 17th 04 10:36 PM

Towards that point, if we add grace
period expirations to the 684K total it would probably
be over 800K hams.

Well, some are SK's. But unless someone in the family specifically
tells the FCC,
they would still show up in the database.