RadioBanter

-   -   ARS License Numbers (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/26575-re-ars-license-numbers.html)

[email protected] December 17th 05 05:27 PM

ARS License Numbers

KØHB wrote:
Medical branches were one way for objectors to serve; another was
a religious chaplain or chaplain assistant.

Some objectors did amazing things, too:

http://historynet.com/vn/bltombennett/index1.html

http://www.medalofhonor.com/DesmondDoss.htm

73 de Jim, N2EY

[email protected] December 17th 05 06:43 PM

ARS License Numbers

From: on Dec 17, 8:24 am

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 16 Dec 2005 14:50:22 -0800, wrote in

snip
Total all classes - 661,630 (decrease of 13,162)

Oh no!!! Better get them ham recruiters out to those high-schools and
colleges and uni-varsities..... gotta sign them up young ya know.....
can't have them becoming professionals until after they pass through
the amateur ranks!!!!

At first the law professors at the universities tried to stop campus
recruiting, but the Supreme Court told them that they took federal
dollars, so must allow fed recruiting.

Which law professors at which universities?

The ones being interviewed on NPR, whining and crying and wringing
"thier" hands.

Brian and Frank;

This is getting to be a fun thread. Anal-retentive morsemen
NOT understanding, let alone recognizing, SATIRE!

And for which war?

The recruitment of hams on High School and College campuses.
Everyone's upset about it.

:-)

I'm surprised Jimmie hasn't pulled out the old league
wartime factoids about hams serving in WW2...not
understanding what this sub-thread is about...

Then the law professors decided to use freedom of speech to
anti-recruit on campuses, "Hell No, We Won't Go!".

Was that not allowed? Must all citizens support all war efforts
supported by The President, regardless of their consciences,
and regardless of the facts?

Fortunately for you, those that served protect the freedoms of those
that seved in other ways, or say they served in other ways, or didn't
serve at all.

Jimmie is busy, busy "serving" on keeping the code test
forever and ever, perhaps using "CW" as a "weapon against
terrorists" in our "war on terror!"

Yawn...

[email protected] December 17th 05 07:10 PM

ARS License Numbers

From: on Dec 17, 8:24 am

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 16 Dec 2005 14:50:22 -0800, wrote in

snip
Total all classes - 661,630 (decrease of 13,162)

Oh no!!! Better get them ham recruiters out to those high-schools and
colleges and uni-varsities..... gotta sign them up young ya know.....
can't have them becoming professionals until after they pass through
the amateur ranks!!!!

At first the law professors at the universities tried to stop campus
recruiting, but the Supreme Court told them that they took federal
dollars, so must allow fed recruiting.

Which law professors at which universities?

The ones being interviewed on NPR, whining and crying and wringing
"thier" hands.

Brian and Frank;

This is getting to be a fun thread.

This thread is presently the shining light of RRAP.

Anal-retentive morsemen
NOT understanding, let alone recognizing, SATIRE!

Gotta get those recruiter's out of the High Schrools and College Campi!
Hi, hi!

And for which war?

The recruitment of hams on High School and College campuses.
Everyone's upset about it.

:-)

I'm surprised Jimmie hasn't pulled out the old league
wartime factoids about hams serving in WW2...not
understanding what this sub-thread is about...

He's pulled out the wrenchy fong, hit the moving parts with 3in1 oil,
and is polishing it with a soft cloth.

Then the law professors decided to use freedom of speech to
anti-recruit on campuses, "Hell No, We Won't Go!".

Was that not allowed? Must all citizens support all war efforts
supported by The President, regardless of their consciences,
and regardless of the facts?

Fortunately for you, those that served protect the freedoms of those
that seved in other ways, or say they served in other ways, or didn't
serve at all.

Jimmie is busy, busy "serving" on keeping the code test
forever and ever, perhaps using "CW" as a "weapon against
terrorists" in our "war on terror!"

Yawn...

I see him in a different role. In a Safety Yellow colored vest with
N2EY stencilled on the right side of his chest, a peace sign on the
left, and "Emergency Services" on the back, bullhorn in hand, I
envision Jim on College Campi, shouting down the ham recruiters,
decrying the unjustness of recruiting practices that target young
people, people barely old enough to serve in other ways, having to
forego a lucrative careers in engjneering and technology, and instead
serve "thier" country in a worthless endeavor. It's all soooo wrong.
Prolly smokin a doobie afterwards with John Foggerty playing "Fortunate
Son" in the background.

The NPR reporters gather around to interview this oh-so-wise
anti-recruiting patriot.

Pffffft.

[email protected] December 17th 05 07:14 PM

ARS License Numbers

KØHB wrote:

What does anyone know about Jim?

Depends on who the "anyone" is. Some people know
a lot, others know less.

I'm going to guess that within
moments of turning 18, he was attending college in Canada.

Your guess is way off. I've never attended college outside the
USA.

Ever been to Canada? Ever lived abroad?

[email protected] December 17th 05 07:36 PM

ARS License Numbers

wrote:
KØHB wrote:
Medical branches were one way for objectors to serve; another was
a religious chaplain or chaplain assistant.

Some objectors did amazing things, too:

http://historynet.com/vn/bltombennett/index1.html

http://www.medalofhonor.com/DesmondDoss.htm

73 de Jim, N2EY

Welp, Jim, I thought you were covertly trying to get us to find your
"service in other ways." So I went to the Medal of Honor website and
searched "Miccolis."

powered by

Search WWW Search www.medalofhonor.com

Your search - Miccolis - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Try fewer keywords.

This kind of reminds me of the time that Dave was desperately trying to
get me to see that he was an A-1 Operator, except, unlike Dave actually
being listed in the A-1Operator list, you are not mentioned on the
Medal of Honor list.

[email protected] December 17th 05 07:46 PM

why is Jim allowed an unsupervised count and not len

wrote:
an_old_friend wrote:
wrote:
These are the numbers of current, unexpired
amateur radio licenses held by individuals
on the stated dates, and the percentage of
the total number of active licenses that
class contains:

As of May 14, 2000:

simple question care to explain or not

Mark,

Who says "len" is not allowed to count the number of
current, unexpired amateur radio licenses held by
individuals?

Jim, I put on my thnking cap, reread Marks new thread subject, and his
question in the body of his post, and nowhere do I see words to the
effect, "Who says "len" is not allowed to count the number of current,
unexpired amateur radio licenses held by individuals?"

Why do you change the context of Mark's question?

Who says he can't post it here?

That question was not asked either. Marks speaks on "unsupervised
counting."

Why do you change the context of Mark's question?

Not me.

Yes you. You protest "unsupervised counting."

[email protected] December 17th 05 09:58 PM

ARS License Numbers

From: on Dec 17, 11:10 am

From: on Dec 17, 8:24 am
Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 16 Dec 2005 14:50:22 -0800, wrote in

snip
Total all classes - 661,630 (decrease of 13,162)

Oh no!!! Better get them ham recruiters out to those high-schools and
colleges and uni-varsities..... gotta sign them up young ya know.....
can't have them becoming professionals until after they pass through
the amateur ranks!!!!

At first the law professors at the universities tried to stop campus
recruiting, but the Supreme Court told them that they took federal
dollars, so must allow fed recruiting.

Which law professors at which universities?

Franklin Unilateral College at Kennsington University.

You can imagine what was lettered on their sweatshirts... :-)

I see him in a different role. In a Safety Yellow colored vest with
N2EY stencilled on the right side of his chest, a peace sign on the
left, and "Emergency Services" on the back, bullhorn in hand, I
envision Jim on College Campi, shouting down the ham recruiters,
decrying the unjustness of recruiting practices that target young
people, people barely old enough to serve in other ways, having to
forego a lucrative careers in engjneering and technology, and instead
serve "thier" country in a worthless endeavor. It's all soooo wrong.
Prolly smokin a doobie afterwards with John Foggerty playing "Fortunate
Son" in the background.

The NPR reporters gather around to interview this oh-so-wise
anti-recruiting patriot.

Pffffft.

Boggles the mind, donut? :-)

Lloyd II December 17th 05 10:00 PM

ARS License Numbers

wrote in message

YAWN

Dave Heil December 17th 05 11:01 PM

ARS License Numbers

KØHB wrote:
[...]

I seem to recall that incident. It followed one of your posts where you
named all of the regulars who were *not* A-1 Ops. You looked pretty
silly that time too.

Dave K8MN

Dave Heil December 17th 05 11:08 PM

ARS License Numbers

From: on Dec 17, 11:10 am

Which law professors at which universities?

Franklin Unilateral College at Kennsington University.

You can imagine what was lettered on their sweatshirts... :-)

Didn't Mark Morgan attend classes there? I can see the sweatshirt now:
"FCUKU, lier"

Dave K8MN