Old February 5th 04, 11:17 PM
JJ

Len Over 21 wrote:

All that snarling and you ain't got either a name or a callsign.

Got both and the license certificate to prove it. Where is yours? Oh,
forgot, you can't pass the test.

Old February 6th 04, 02:04 AM
Mike Coslo

Len Over 21 wrote:
In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

One might almost think the fellow is just here to bust people's chops.
Thanks for the history and Clarification, Paul.

Poor baby. Feel injured, do you?

Oh heavens no! Amused? Yes. but then I feel kind of bad about that,
because I feel kind of sorry for you.

Awwww...that's so swweeeeet! :-)

Glad you approve! :-)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old February 6th 04, 03:54 AM
N2EY

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Kid Rock comes out in a desecrated US Flag with a
hole cut in the middle. Pretty

[expletive deleted]

despicable!

I agree 100%.

When the halftime show started I changed the channel. Flipped back at one point
and saw "Kid", flipped back to something else. Missed JJ - no big loss.

Note that the flap over her "wardrobe malfunction" has deflected attention from
that flag desecration.

Is this what the
superbowl is about? I can only assume that the NFL approves of this kind
of disrespectful behavior, and if we watch the trash they spew, we do as
well!

I think it's evidence of a basic law of entertainment physics: "conservation of
goodstuff". IOW there's only so much good programming. Some years back,
the superbowl consisted mostly of rather unexciting games but really good shows
and commercials. Then the games got better and the shows and commercials worse.

It's not just the superbowl - most of what's on broadcast TV is JUNK. Pure and
simple. If some people in the LA area are offended - tough.

The irony of the situation is that the people who are really responsible won't
be fined, but the stations who simply carried the network feed will be.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old February 6th 04, 06:57 AM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , JJ

writes:

All that bragging and still can't pass the test for a ham license.

All that snarling and you ain't got either a name or a callsign.

Do you have a callsign, Len?

Several. :-)

Wrong answer, Pops. :-)

Dave K8MN
Old February 6th 04, 07:22 AM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil Miss Congeniality
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil Miss Construance
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

The question-topic of the morse code test pertains to GETTING
INTO amateur radio below 30 MHz. Some have misconstrued the
essence of amateur radio as being a skilled radiotelegrapher.

Others have misconstrued the term "GETTING INTO" amateur radio as
meaning the several decades of interest preceeding the several years of
newsgroup posts just before the three-year-old claim of getting "an
Extra right out of the box".

Go for it, big daddy dave. Ain't no cats on your hot tin roof.

I did go for it, Len--forty years ago, within a year of my first
exposure to amateur radio.

...and you are still undeveloped.

That's rich! You've sat on your duff for almost an equivalent period
and are still writing about "getting into amateur radio". Thanks for the
laughs, Leonard.

Nope. Nothing about your obtaining an amateur radio license here.

Oh? Is this a requirement to be in the electronics industry?

Was that under discussion? I could have sworn that amateur radio was
the topic in which you decided to submit your PROFESSIONAL credentials.

Strange, isn't it, not one single personnel person (that's "human
resources" profession to bus drivers) said anything about needing
any amateur radio license to work in electronics or aerospace.

You must want alt.jobs.wanted.aerospace.

Where is "here," snarly dave?

Right there.

Howaboutthat? Does that "show enough interest?"

In obtaining an amateur radio license? Why, no, none at all.

No, no, no, sweetums, you equated INTEREST IN RADIO to
GETTING A HAM LICENSE plus adding "learning morse code."

That is incorrect, Leona. You have your facts scrambled. I'll be happy
to quote the post if you're having trouble remembering.

You haven't Beeped Morse nor have you Passed Any Written Exam. You've
taken no action on your declared interest.

I have NO interest, declared or otherwise, on "beeping morse," bleeping
dave. Never claimed otherwise.

I understand that. There is an amateur license available which requires
no morse test. It requires a pretty straightforward written test. You
haven't tackled it.

Is that a requirement in your SS view of amateur radio?

What kind of view?

I passed four written exams at an FCC field office in Chicago, 1956.
I passed all kinds of college exams after that, a California driver's
license written exam among others (despite a non-interest in
becoming a professional driver).

Bully for you. You haven't passed an amateur license exam.

Does one have to Post Bans on "interest in radio?" Must be so at
the Church of St. Hiram.

Sorry deacon dave, I don't worship at that church.

I'm sure you don't. I see you as more of an agnostic deist, sort of
covering all bets.

I wrote about getting into amateur radio.

Nah, you scribbled nastygrams about "getting an amateur radio license
IN ORDER TO SHOW INTEREST IN RADIO."

Incorrect again, Leonid. You just can't remember anything anymore.

Dave K8MN

Old February 7th 04, 07:57 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil charm school dropout
from the foreign service writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil Miss Congeniality
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil Miss

Construance
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

The question-topic of the morse code test pertains to GETTING
INTO amateur radio below 30 MHz. Some have misconstrued the
essence of amateur radio as being a skilled radiotelegrapher.

Others have misconstrued the term "GETTING INTO" amateur radio as
meaning the several decades of interest preceeding the several years of
newsgroup posts just before the three-year-old claim of getting "an
Extra right out of the box".

Go for it, big daddy dave. Ain't no cats on your hot tin roof.

I did go for it, Len--forty years ago, within a year of my first
exposure to amateur radio.

...and you are still undeveloped.

That's rich! You've sat on your duff for almost an equivalent period
and are still writing about "getting into amateur radio". Thanks for the
laughs, Leonard.

Thanks for the laffs, snarly dave, but Don Rickles doesn't have
to worry about you stealing his act.

You have the moronic insult of "insult humor" down pat, but grade
ZERO on the humor part. Work on that.

Hello? Are you alive? I said "interested in radio," non-compost-
mentat-intellect.* ALL of it, not just amateur activities. I got into
a lot of the rest of the world of amateur radio, lots more than you
you ever did while engaged in the Fleecing of America as a
"foreign service" member.

* Those who've never read Frank Herbert's "Dune" novels will
not understand the pun. Those should go back to ancient Ayn
Rand.

Nope. Nothing about your obtaining an amateur radio license here.

Oh? Is this a requirement to be in the electronics industry?

Was that under discussion? I could have sworn that amateur radio was
the topic in which you decided to submit your PROFESSIONAL credentials.

Nooooo. You got it WRONG again, herr robust.

I've submitted my professional credentials to professional organizations
and got the jobs. Unlike some in here bragging of their "human
resources" fantastic grades and abilities and then going out and
becoming bus drivers. I'm still getting the professional jobs but the
work isn't as intense as before now that I don't keep regular hours.
It's fun, challenging work. You ought to try that sometime...a heckuva
lot better than spending "foreign service" time fleecing America in
some backwater African country.

Strange, isn't it, not one single personnel person (that's "human
resources" profession to bus drivers) said anything about needing
any amateur radio license to work in electronics or aerospace.

You must want alt.jobs.wanted.aerospace.

Nooooo. I can get all kinds of jobs involving electronics and even
radio. I don't care to. I've had a full career as an electronics
design engineer. My income isn't all from the U.S. Treasury as a
"foreign service key person." [did you change the locks often
while a key person?]

Where is "here," snarly dave?

Right there.

Where is "there," snarly dave? Illustrate your point. :-)

That is incorrect, Leona. You have your facts scrambled. I'll be happy
to quote the post if you're having trouble remembering.

What are you going to state as a "location" next, elsewhere? :-)

Feel free to cut and paste every single post, word for word, from
Google to illustrate whatever blunted point you think you have.

All you will do is annoy all the other readers, the regular
newsgroupies. All you will do is demonstrate that you have ZERO
originality, ZERO creativity, are nothing but a bundle of overly-
proud puffery, vindictive almost to the gunnery nurse's standards.

You really ought to TRY to get close to the subjects in this
newsgroup, not just being an exhibitionist for over-the-top raging
vindictiveness.

I understand that. There is an amateur license available which requires
no morse test. It requires a pretty straightforward written test. You
haven't tackled it.

Explain WHY that is some kind of "requirement."

This is a newsgroup with open access, no moderator, straight-
forward (except for some PCTAs bent over backwards to get back
to the 1930s). No license of any kind required here. Not even
poetic license.

You have NO concept of the discussion over the retention or
elimination of the morse code test. All you can think of is an
unyielding spit-de-corpse adherence to the very same rules you
had to follow long ago in order to get that treasured and adored
federal merit badge. Your insistance on all of present day to
Get The Morse Test or even Get A Ham License makes you a
prime believer worthy of the Waffen SS. Do not think! Follow
orders! Yap! Yap! Bark! Bark!

All that for a radio HOBBY... :-)

LHA / WMD

Old February 7th 04, 11:11 PM
Dave Heil

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil Miss Congeniality
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

In article , Dave Heil Miss

Construance
writes:

Len Over 21 wrote:

Others have misconstrued the term "GETTING INTO" amateur radio as
meaning the several decades of interest preceeding the several years of
newsgroup posts just before the three-year-old claim of getting "an
Extra right out of the box".

Go for it, big daddy dave. Ain't no cats on your hot tin roof.

I did go for it, Len--forty years ago, within a year of my first
exposure to amateur radio.

...and you are still undeveloped.

That's rich! You've sat on your duff for almost an equivalent period
and are still writing about "getting into amateur radio". Thanks for the
laughs, Leonard.

Thanks for the laffs, snarly dave, but Don Rickles doesn't have
to worry about you stealing his act.

....not as long as you're around, don Wrinkles.

You have the moronic insult of "insult humor" down pat, but grade
ZERO on the humor part. Work on that.

You wouldn't know humor if it smacked you in the forehead--Oh wait, it
DID!

Hello? Are you alive? I said "interested in radio," non-compost-
mentat-intellect.* ALL of it, not just amateur activities.

You might have written that at some time. You also wrote of your
decades-long interest in *amateur* radio.

I got into
a lot of the rest of the world of amateur radio,

Let's get this straight. You got into the rest of the world of amateur
radio? When was this?

...lots more than you
you ever did while engaged in the Fleecing of America as a
"foreign service" member.

Well, you've managed to live up to the profile yet again.

N2EY: "Besides, here's a simple, plain fact:

No matter what job, educational level, employer, or
government/military service that a radio amateur has, if said radio
amateur opposes Mr. Anderson's views, he/she will be the target of Mr.
Anderson's insults, ridicule, name-calling, factual errors, ethnic
slurs, excessive emoticons and general infantile behavior."

Nope. Nothing about your obtaining an amateur radio license here.

Oh? Is this a requirement to be in the electronics industry?

Was that under discussion? I could have sworn that amateur radio was
the topic in which you decided to submit your PROFESSIONAL credentials.

Nooooo. You got it WRONG again, herr robust.

I've submitted my professional credentials to professional organizations
and got the jobs. Unlike some in here bragging of their "human
resources" fantastic grades and abilities and then going out and
becoming bus drivers. I'm still getting the professional jobs but the
work isn't as intense as before now that I don't keep regular hours.
It's fun, challenging work. You ought to try that sometime...a heckuva
lot better than spending "foreign service" time fleecing America in
some backwater African country.

You simply can't help it.

[...]

"Key Officers of Foreign Service Posts", Len. You took a rap on the
snout in that one, huh?

Where is "here," snarly dave?

Right there.

Where is "there," snarly dave? Illustrate your point. :-)

Right here.

That is incorrect, Leona. You have your facts scrambled. I'll be happy
to quote the post if you're having trouble remembering.

What are you going to state as a "location" next, elsewhere? :-)

Feel free to cut and paste every single post, word for word, from
Google to illustrate whatever blunted point you think you have.

Oh, it won't be a blunted point, Leonard. It'll be quite direct and to
the point.

All you will do is annoy all the other readers, the regular
newsgroupies.

I think a goodly number of them are entertained, Leonard.

All you will do is demonstrate that you have ZERO
originality, ZERO creativity, are nothing but a bundle of overly-
proud puffery, vindictive almost to the gunnery nurse's standards.

Ahh, the plaintive cry from the bottom of the Extra box.

You really ought to TRY to get close to the subjects in this
newsgroup, not just being an exhibitionist for over-the-top raging
vindictiveness.

You decide to give someone a tweak, Leonard and a tweak will likely come
your way. You tweak enough folks and lots of tweaks will come in
return.

I understand that. There is an amateur license available which requires
no morse test. It requires a pretty straightforward written test. You
haven't tackled it.

Explain WHY that is some kind of "requirement."

Okay. The FCC will not permit you to operate under Part 97 without it.

This is a newsgroup with open access, no moderator, straight-
forward (except for some PCTAs bent over backwards to get back
to the 1930s). No license of any kind required here. Not even
poetic license.

Oh, you misunderstood. No FCC license exam is required for newsgroup
access. You do have to understand though, that newsgroups are not
amateur radio.

You have NO concept of the discussion over the retention or
elimination of the morse code test.

Why, certainly I do.

All you can think of is an
unyielding spit-de-corpse adherence to the very same rules you
had to follow long ago in order to get that treasured and adored
federal merit badge.

The rules under which I received my Novice, General, Advanced and Extra
license are no longer the rules of today. Yep, I treasure and adore my
federal merit badge. You don't have one, do you?

Your insistance on all of present day to
Get The Morse Test or even Get A Ham License makes you a
prime believer worthy of the Waffen SS.

The Waffen SS? You mean that arm of the old Prussian military? You
don't have to obtain an amateur radio license though doing so would take
some of the egg off your mug after that "Extra right out of the box"
brag you issued. Obtaining even the most basic amateur radio license
might provide you with a bit of credibility in your quest to mold
amateur radio licensing to your way of thinking.

Do not think! Follow
orders! Yap! Yap! Bark! Bark!

All that for a radio HOBBY... :-)

You mean the hobby which has licensing requirements unmet by you?
Yeah, all that.

Dave K8MN
Old February 8th 04, 07:49 PM
Len Over 21

In article , Dave Heil
writes:

Do you have a callsign, Len?

Several. :-)

Wrong answer, Pops. :-)

RIGHT answer, popless.

Now go back to your orion, sit down in front of it and amaze yourself.

Have an oriongasm. Enjoy.

LHA / WMD
Old February 8th 04, 07:49 PM
Len Over 21

In article , JJ
writes:

All that snarling and you ain't got either a name or a callsign.

Got both and the license certificate to prove it.

"Prove" to whom, anonymous one?

You have neither name nor callsign.

You don't even have artificial intelligence.

You aren't impressing anyone.

LHA / WMD
Old February 8th 04, 07:49 PM
Len Over 21

In article , (N2EY)
writes:

In article , Mike Coslo
writes:

Kid Rock comes out in a desecrated US Flag with a
hole cut in the middle. Pretty

[expletive deleted]

despicable!

I agree 100%.

When the halftime show started I changed the channel. Flipped back at one

point
and saw "Kid", flipped back to something else. Missed JJ - no big loss.

Note that the flap over her "wardrobe malfunction" has deflected attention

from
that flag desecration.

Is this what the
superbowl is about? I can only assume that the NFL approves of this kind
of disrespectful behavior, and if we watch the trash they spew, we do as
well!

You must have missed the Official Oath of Allegiance to the ARRL
given by Dave Sumner at the beginning.

I think it's evidence of a basic law of entertainment physics: "conservation

of
goodstuff".

Did you want BOTH of them exposed? :-)

IOW there's only so much good programming. Some years back,
the superbowl consisted mostly of rather unexciting games but really good

shows
and commercials. Then the games got better and the shows and commercials
worse.

Write the FCC and make Riley take away their amateur radio license!

Get tough!

It's not just the superbowl - most of what's on broadcast TV is JUNK. Pure and
simple. If some people in the LA area are offended - tough.

Right! Old Monty Python shows from the BBC! The only good stuff!

Forget things like the Hallmark Hall series, all [expletive deleteds].
Forget things like Live From Lincoln Center specials, all [more
expletive deleteds]. Forget things like a good American football game
going very, very close to the end, saved by a 41-yard field goal at the
last minute. That's so much [expletive deleted] nonsense.

The irony of the situation is that the people who are really responsible won't
be fined, but the stations who simply carried the network feed will be.

Ah, for the days of Big Bill Allen and angry letters to newspapers!

Write your Division Manager and complain!

Tell them not to feed the SuperBowl to the NTS!

Make all the teams and officials take morse code tests!

Remember, morse code gets through when everything else will.

LHA / WMD