Old July 16th 03, 11:57 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Carl R. Stevenson" wrote in message

(But, as I and others have previously said, the decision should
NOT be based on a popularity contest in the community of
incumbents, but should, rather, be based on the sound judgement
of the FCC as to what's regulatorily necessary and good for the
future of ham radio.)

The FCC is not all that qualified to judge what is good for the future of
ham radio. Many of the staff are not involved in ham radio. They are a
government body whose purpose is to regulate the various radio services so
that they can coexist. There purpose is not to maintain ham radio or decide
what is good for it.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old July 17th 03, 12:45 AM
Arnie Macy

"Kim W5TIT" wrote ....

Arnie, Arnie, Arnie....no I don't make the presumption at all. I was being
sarcastic with my post... Uh, see the last line?
__________________________________________________ _________________________

Ohhhh. sarcasm -- I get it now. :-))

Arnie -

Old July 17th 03, 12:59 AM
Carl R. Stevenson

"N2EY" wrote in message
om...
Nope. I've worked AC6XG at least twice, both times on CW. Once was on
Field Day (20 CW) and the other on the rrap net on 7037 kHz.

The rrap net on 7030 kHz???

Is that where you PCTAs send "secret messages," safe from the
prying eyes/ears of the no-coders??? :-)

Sheesh ...

Carl - wk3c

Old July 17th 03, 01:44 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Dwight Stewart
writes:

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote:

"Dwight Stewart" wrote

Kim, I don't know what is going on with your newsgroup
messages. (snip)

I had my witches coven put a curse on her.

Something has sure happened. After I posted that message, I ran into three
or four other messages posted by Kim that resulted in the same error message
(all posted after the message I replied to). Very odd.

Dwight, you need to upgrade your computer's AntiCurse software. :-)

I got mine through the Hogwart's on-line store. University rates, too!

LHA

Old July 17th 03, 01:44 AM
Len Over 21

In article , Jack Hamilton
writes:

(Len Over 21) wrote:

In article ,

(Larry Roll K3LT) writes:

I think I'm pretty safe in saying that it was the code testing requirement
that caused hams to learn the code -- not any innate love or appreciation
for the mode.

NO! Say it isn't so, mighty morseman!

"Morse code gets through when everything else does." - B.B.

Hasn't that been disproved?

Ahem...read Brian Burke's quotation again, please... :-)

LHA
Old July 17th 03, 03:19 AM
Dave Heil

Brian wrote:

Radio Amateur KC2HMZ wrote in message

...provides an opportunity for ops on six meters. I've observed the
phenomenon before. Your're in New York. You point your beam north and
you start hearing somebody in Florida. You figure you're hearing him
off the back of the beam and turn it south to bring up the signal,
only to have it disappear.

Much of this activity happens on CW. Voice signals get distorted a lot
due to the effects of all the ionization in the aurora itself.

John, though 6M is worth mentioning, it isn't HF and these guys don't
care. Its all about using fast CW on HF (to them). Brian

How do you manage to be wrong so often, Brian? I worked about forty
Europeans on 6m this past week. About half of those QSOs were made on
CW. About half of the CW QSOs were made using relatively slow speeds.
Those contacts were not made using Aurora. Had they been, all of the
QSOs would have been made using slow CW.

So far, the only people here claiming that "it" (whatever "it" is) all
about using fast CW on Hf are you and Len. Len isn't a ham. What's
your excuse?

Dave K8MN
Old July 17th 03, 03:46 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Arnie Macy" wrote in message
"Kim W5TIT" wrote ....

Arnie, Arnie, Arnie....no I don't make the presumption at all. I was

being
sarcastic with my post... Uh, see the last line?

__________________________________________________ _________________________

Ohhhh. sarcasm -- I get it now. :-))

Arnie -

Whew...thank goodness...

Kim W5TIT

Old July 17th 03, 03:49 AM
Kim W5TIT

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message

"Kim W5TIT" wrote in message
"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message

"Dwight Stewart" wrote in message
"Kim W5TIT" wrote:

(snip)

Kim, I don't know what is going on with your newsgroup messages.

Many
of
your messages are listed as no longer on my server very shortly

after
you
post them (sometimes just one or two hours later). The messages are

listed
in my message list of this newsgroup, but I get an error ("message

no
longer
on server") when I try to read them. For everyone else, I can read
messages
they posted many days ago.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what is happening in case you

post
reply to one of my messages and don't get a response. It's not that

I'm
trying to ignore you - I just can't read or reply to your quickly
disappearing messages (I caught and replied to this one before it
disappeared)

Dwight Stewart (W5NET)

http://www.qsl.net/w5net/

I had my witches coven put a curse on her.

Dan/W4NTI

That would be witch's...

Kim W5TIT

Not so in Alabama....we talk with a slur and a drawl. Something you

Texans
can't quite get...you know with all that blue coat activity during the war
for Southern independence...hi.

Dan/W4NTI

Have no idea. I'm not a Texan.

Kim W5TIT