Old July 24th 03, 10:02 PM
N2EY

"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message gy.com...
"N2EY" wrote in message
om...
"Dee D. Flint" wrote in message

gy.com...
For example, I hate
tomatoes, cheeses, and garlic.

But you tried those things before you decided you hated them, right?

Based on my many postings, you should be able to deduce that I would not
have formed the opinion without trying them.

I did, Dee - 'twas a rhetorical question.

However I will formally
confirm that I did taste them and my dislike is based on actual experience.

'zactly.

Yet I could not predetermine what pizza
tasted like. I had to try it. And you know what, I love pizza.

With anchovies?

Tried anchovies but they go in the do not repeat category. However bacon,
sausage, pepperoni, etc are all nice.

I can load one up so you can't see the crust. mmmmmmmmmm...bacon...I
gotta try bacon....

Note that it is not my intention to equate CW skills with animal dung,
the skill remains a useful one to have and I don't begrudge those who
enjoy CW their pleasure at using the mode - not for a single minute.

Yes it was and yes you do or you would not have used the dung

comparison.

There's the Utah Phillips story about the moose....

And the pie...

I'm merely pointing out that expertise at a particular activity is not
a prerequisite for deciding whether or not one wishes to pursue said
activity. Do I need to be able to deadlift 600 pounds in order to
decide I don't wish to be an olympic weightlifter? Nope. Can I
currently deadlift 600 pounds? Nope. Does that render my decision to
not try to deadlift 600 pounds invalid? Nope.

Which boils down to "I don't think I will like that".

CW skills are more like music. You have to acquire a BASIC level of

skill
to determine if you will like it. Almost every adult that I know wishes
they had learned to play an instrument and wishes their parents had made
them take lessons.

I wish I'd had the opportunity, anyway.

Simple question: Have you ever thought you wouldn't like something,
tried it anyway, and decided you really liked it? Example: ever get
dragged to a movie you thought you wouldn't like and wound up liking
it so much that you bought the tape/DVD?

If everyone in here was honest about past experiences, they would admit to
trying something they believed they would dislike (generally under pressure
of some type) yet ending up feeling quite the opposite.

You got that right, Dee.

Also, there's the effect of being exposed to something the wrong way.
Example: Old friend of mine got a new boyfriend who simply loved
calves' liver. She hated the stuff. I said "problem is, you've never
had it cooked the right way". So I made them both some of my special
recipe sauteed liver/bacon/onions combo. She was converted. They got
married. Ah, romance. Call me Cupid with a fryin' pan.

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old July 24th 03, 11:22 PM
N2EY

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

Dee D. Flint wrote:

Tried anchovies but they go in the do not repeat category. However bacon,
sausage, pepperoni, etc are all nice.

Feeling brave, Dee? Pizza with ham and pineapple. Sounds disgusting,
tastes great!

I tried that combo once. Sounds disgusting, tastes disgusting. YMMV

73 de Jim, N2EY
Old July 25th 03, 02:47 AM
Brian Kelly

Mike Coslo wrote in message ...
Dee D. Flint wrote:

Tried anchovies but they go in the do not repeat category. However bacon,
sausage, pepperoni, etc are all nice.

Feeling brave, Dee? Pizza with ham and pineapple. Sounds disgusting,
tastes great!

It's called "Hawaiian Pizza" around here. Not bad at all.

- Mike KB3EIA -

w3rv
Old July 26th 03, 03:39 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , Radio Amateur KC2HMZ
writes:

Funny, though, I have yet to meet anyone who's told me they wish their
parents had made them learn Morse. shrug

John:

I wish my parents had made me learn the Morse code.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old July 27th 03, 08:23 PM
Len Over 21

writes:

I wish my parents had made me learn the Morse code.

73 de Larry, K3LT

I really should have known that was coming... :-)

Wait until you hear what his parents wished for... :-)

LHA
Old July 29th 03, 01:48 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

writes:

Funny, though, I have yet to meet anyone who's told me they wish their
parents had made them learn Morse. shrug

John:

I wish my parents had made me learn the Morse code.

73 de Larry, K3LT

I really should have known that was coming... :-)

73 DE John, KC2HMZ

I aim to please!

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old July 29th 03, 06:44 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Larry:

OMG! Another thing we agree on...... damn, this is getting scary! My mouth
is watering and my finger getting ready to dial the pizza place after
reading this post!

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

Actually, an Hawaiian Pizza is best when the "ham" is actually Canadian
Bacon, and the pineapple is fresh, not canned. They have to be scattered
over the pizza BEFORE baking, not after. The ham (bacon) has to be
crisp, and the pineapple well caramelized. A properly prepared Hawaiian
Pizza is, as Martha would say, a very good thing!

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old August 2nd 03, 01:27 PM
N2EY

In article , Mike Coslo writes:

N2EY wrote:

You would be hard pressed to find a rational person, at any time or in
any culture, who finds that activity anything other than disgusting.
Also, taste and smell are closely related, and it's very rare that
something will smell bad but taste good.

Have you heard of that coffee in which the beans are passed through the
digestive tract of a monkey?

Yes. That story surfaces every so often. Supposed to be a Vietnamese delicacy
or something.

It seems to be real (although it now passes
through a critter called a Palm Toddy (Civet) Cat. Read:

http://www.geocities.com/unasoda42/p...eaturette.html

and:

http://home.earthlink.net/~stewartallen/india.html

and

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/kopiluwak.htm

I won't say this isn't some kind of joke, but we can always hope....

Check

http://www.snopes.com

for urban legend confirmation/debunking

Let's go into Starbucks and ask for a cup of crappuchino....

Ever hear Utah Phillips story about the moose pie?

73 de Jim "It's good though!" N2EY