Old August 28th 03, 07:09 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

"Hans Kohb" wrote in message
news:91abb4385c0f0e49bb49ad536db3ac61.128005@mygat e.mailgate.org...
"charlesb" wrote in message

The fact that you can point out bad behavior done in the past does

nothing
to justify further bad behavior today or tomorrow. Instead, it points

out
the need to do better, to set our sights on where we really want to be.

Charles and I have found many reasons to disagree in the past, but on
this matter we are 100% in agreement.

Here on rrap the pro-coders, no-coders, slow-coders, and limp coders
rail on and on about a subject long since put to bed by the regulators,
and the whole meaningless fight takes on a surreal similarity to the
fights between sailboaters and motorboaters, arguing which is more
technically advanced, which can get through when conditions are bad,
which is modern vs. invented in the olden days, etc., etc., etc.

As all the efforts that have been put towards the arguments and other
negative stuff, were put to postive use, maybe the world of amateur radio
around us would not be "coming one step closer to extinction." If those
efforts were put to building amateur radio in general, we would be better
off.

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

Meanwhile, on the shore a group of commercial developers is plotting to
buy the lake, drain it, and build a strip mall.

Rather than band together to save our hobby, we seem hell-bent on
finding inconsequential and OTBE things to fight about, splintering and
diluting whatever influence we have on regulators and the general
public.

73, de Hans, K0HB
--
Without spectrum, there is no amateur radio.

Old August 28th 03, 02:36 PM
K0HB

Mike Coslo wrote

But as a person that can walk and chew gum and take a drink of water at
the same time, I can focus on a number of things at one time.

Then please focus on standing up tall, because I think the point of my
message sailed right over your head.

With all kind wishes,

de Hans, K0HB
Old August 28th 03, 04:30 PM
Mike Coslo

K0HB wrote:
Mike Coslo wrote

But as a person that can walk and chew gum and take a drink of water at
the same time, I can focus on a number of things at one time.

Then please focus on standing up tall, because I think the point of my
message sailed right over your head.

Your point seems to be that we are discussing trivial matters, while
the important things go ignored.

If that isn't your point, then clue me in.

Or is this just last-wordism. In that case be my guest.
- Mike KB3EIA -

Old August 28th 03, 11:59 PM
Dan/W4NTI

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message
Although, If you check, I do believe there are some other areas and

prefixes
that do have that suffix........ There are some still available, believe

it
or not. If they are so "all-fired" offensive, why is the FCC still

allowing
them??

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
"DickCarroll" wrote in message
om...
"charlesb" wrote in m

be going so far out of your way to
display ham radio's ass in public.

Ham radio has an ASS?? We knew about that W5 showing off her TIT but
so far no ASS has shown up here... You might recheck that one Chuck.

Because in this 'politically correct' age and era they certainly wouldn't
want to be sued by some fruitcake. How would that look to Mr. Powel??

Years ago, BV (before vanity) the FCC would BLOCK FROM ISSUE certain calls
that said things considered offensive. I.E. K4FU, W1WC, (water closet)
(toilet in Europe). ETC.

Dan/W4NTI

Old August 29th 03, 12:15 AM
Mike Coslo

"charlesb" wrote in message

[...]

Yeahh, everyone thinks that. Problem is they want everyone's opinion to
match their own.... And there are plenty of differeing definitions and
opinions of exactly what ppositive is.

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old August 29th 03, 12:28 AM
K0HB

Mike Coslo wrote

Your point seems to be that we are discussing trivial matters, while
the important things go ignored.

If that isn't your point, then clue me in.

My point has nothing to do with "discussing". My point has to do with
our seemingly suicidal desire to fracture our image and marginalize
our credibility.

My point is that the Amateur Radio Service exists at the pleasure of
public opinion and regulators who are increasingly disconnected from
our hobby.

Against that background, rather than band together to save our hobby
we seem hell-bent on finding inconsequential and OTBE things to fight
about, splintering and diluting whatever influence we have on
regulators and the general public.

Morse Code testing is a dead issue, but here in this public forum we
continue to poke and prod at it's carcass like a pack of squabbling
hyenas with the same old rhetoric which started here over a decade
ago.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I think that's essentially the same notion
offered in the message from N5PVL which opened this thread.

73, de Hans, K0HB
Old August 29th 03, 04:08 PM
Hans Kohb

"Mike Coslo" wrote

Then the PCTA's will just be part of the noise floor, just
like any other newsgroup has.

Who said anything about PCTA's? .... or NCTA's for that matter? A pox
on both their houses.

73, de Hans, K0HB