Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 20th 03, 01:15 AM
charlesb

Default Code / No Code ==

Hams ought to know better. After all, we are used to being ambassadors for
the hobby while on the air... Strictly speaking, this would lead one to
expect hams to be one of the very best-behaved groups on usenet as well. The
basic, guiding principal is the same: Our behavior when on the air (or on
the Internet) reflects directly upon the hobby.

These days it is easy to come up with a specialized mailing list, and that's
where this newsgroup's type of discussion belongs, in a semi-private venue.
Usenet is too public for airing out our dirty underwear. This repetitious
code / no code stuff should be moved out of the public eye. The discussion
has migrated before - and should do so again, for the same reason. - To cut
down on the noise level, and put a better face on the hobby at a critical
time.

The fact that you can point out bad behavior done in the past does nothing
to justify further bad behavior today or tomorrow. Instead, it points out
the need to do better, to set our sights on where we really want to be.

Charles, N5PVL