Old August 31st 03, 10:56 PM
Kim W5TIT

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Kim"
writes:

Sound marketing would be someone finding a use for all the junk mail AOL

has
created over the past couple of decades...

Dang right!

In fact, I'd call it genius.

I recall when AOL sent out there stuff on a floppy. Which was at least

worth
something 'cause you could erase and reuse it.

Maybe like softening the CDs of
today and making candy dishes out of them?

I LIKE it!!

I use 'em for coasters, leveling furniture, craft projects, etc.

21st century clay pigeons, anyone?

73 de Jim, N2EY

I laughed hysterically when I saw this, Jim!! Man, they'd make great ones.
What's a "real" clay pigeon made of? Reason I ask is, that shooting skeet
with CDs would be putting an awful lot of plastic into our dear mother
earth.

Kim W5TIT

Old September 1st 03, 12:13 AM
N2EY

In article , "Kim W5TIT"
writes:

I use 'em for coasters, leveling furniture, craft projects, etc.

21st century clay pigeons, anyone?

73 de Jim, N2EY

I laughed hysterically when I saw this, Jim!!

Then I succeeded in my attempt.

Man, they'd make great ones.

The satisfaction factor alone.....

What's a "real" clay pigeon made of?

ummmmm....clay? Specifically, I think they are dried but not fired so the
pieces will disintegrate into the soil...

Reason I ask is, that shooting skeet
with CDs would be putting an awful lot of plastic into our dear mother
earth.

Ugh. Bad idea.

Here's a practical use for them: Put them under candles, shiny side up. They
reflect the loight and some heat, and protect your table/cloth from dripping
wax.

And a practical joke use: Make up a real-looking CD label that says "HOT XXX
PHOTOS" or some such, stick it on the AOL CD, and leave it around where someone
will swipe it and try to view it.

bwaahaaahaaa.....

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old September 1st 03, 01:15 AM
Kim W5TIT

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Kim W5TIT"

writes:

[...]

ROFLMAO!!! Hey, use them for gift tags! Make up a label, place it onto the
AOL CD, and use a pretty ribbon to tie between the package and the hole of
the CD.

Hmmmmm, this could really get interesting (they could also be used against
those wall mounted candle holders, carried in the pocket on a hike (they'd
reflect light and work for signaling really well). Let's see...they could
be strung onto a mobile and used as a bird attractant for the bird bath...

I'll stop, I gotta go get stuff to do the smoked brisket for tomorrow!

Kim W5TIT

Old September 1st 03, 05:38 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

I have seen AOL recently and Win XP and there is becoming a striking
similarity to the two.......

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)
"Brian Kelly" wrote in message
om...
(N2EY) wrote in message

In article , Mike Coslo

writes:

N2EY wrote:
test

Lots of QRM, Jim! QRP computer?

AOL trouble. Apparently fixed now.

AOL can't be fixed . . .

73 de Jim, N2EY

Old September 1st 03, 07:33 PM
Kim W5TIT

"N2EY" wrote in message
In article , "Kim W5TIT"

writes:

Hey, use them for gift tags! Make up a label, place it onto the
AOL CD, and use a pretty ribbon to tie between the package and the hole

of
the CD.

Cool!

Hmmmmm, this could really get interesting (they could also be used

against
those wall mounted candle holders, carried in the pocket on a hike

(they'd
reflect light and work for signaling really well).

They work really well for signalling if ya know Morse Code...

That too, but they'd work just fine to be found by air if ya just keep
flashing. Same for CW. Just keep beeping and beeping and beeping and,
anyone who knows something's up (and that would be nearly anyone with any
capability of reasoning) will hunt the signal down

Let's see...they could
be strung onto a mobile and used as a bird attractant for the bird

bath...

And the squirrel feeder...

I'll stop, I gotta go get stuff to do the smoked brisket for tomorrow!

yummm....

73 de Jim, N2EY

Oh, man. Yummmm is right. Let's see: roasted zuchinni, pineapple, and
hatch peppers; smoked brisket and Ekrich brand sausage; baked potatoes
encrusted with garlic, salt, and rosemary; roasted purple onion; steamed
corn-on-the-cob; and iced tea.

The Hatch peppers are done, and doggone are they good!

Kim W5TIT

Old September 2nd 03, 04:58 AM
Brian Kelly

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message ...
I have seen AOL recently and Win XP and there is becoming a striking
similarity to the two.......

Perfect combination, XP is another one which can't be fixed. I figger
I'll be running Win2K, Internet Exploder 6 and Eudora 5.3 for another
15 years.

Or until Torvald and the Penquin . . .

w3rv
Old September 2nd 03, 11:48 AM
Brian

"Dick Carroll;" wrote in message ...
Brian Kelly wrote:

"Ryan, KC8PMX" wrote in message ...
I have seen AOL recently and Win XP and there is becoming a striking
similarity to the two.......

Perfect combination, XP is another one which can't be fixed.

Worse, Microshaft doesn't *want* it fixed. If they closed all the holes how would they ever check out your
computer when you sign onto their update website?
When you hear that "another security hole has been found in Windows xx" and that Gates et all are scurring to
"fix" it, say "Yeah, Right!" They'll send out a patch that will neutralize that particular vermin, but the main

Good point.

bang is still as holey as a moth-eaten cotten curtain in a 1940's flophouse.

Was that your primary residence?