Old September 3rd 03, 02:18 AM
Mike Coslo

Larry Roll K3LT wrote:
In article , Mike Coslo writes:

Mike:

You and your NPTI are just like all the other NPPTA (No Parallel Parking
Test Agenda) whiners. You just want to dumb-down the driving test so
that any dummy who is fed up with riding his bicycle can just knock off
a simple, multiple-guess written test, then get into a Buick and hit the
road just like us Real Drivers(tm).

We have never said anything like that! We support the rest of the
testing procedures. Besides, we must be inclusive, and not turn
potential drivers away because of basic skills.

Mike:

Without basic skills like PP, drivers will become mere appliance operators,
totally dependent on the technology in their cars to do their parking for them,
rather than being able to do it themselves under severe, emergency
conditions. PP is a very practical, effective, efficient, and universal way
to park an automobile, but we can't make use of this technique unless
drivers know how to do it. Only a testing requirement will give them the
incentive they need to learn.

Wrong, you are wrong! And your trying to repress my beliefs is only a
symptom of the great perfidy of the PHISTS conspiracy.

Years ago, I operated vehicles 24/7. I have great experience in
vehicles, more so than the mighty parkmen, the Gods of driving, who
would force theor will on the rest of us! ;^) ;^) ;^)

I think that not only should Parallel Parking be a requirement on the road
test for a driver's license, but Parallel Parking Proficiency should be
demonstrated at a rate of at least 12 Parallel Parkings per hour (pph).
After all, if you cannot Parallel Park time after time, in a variety of

driving

conditions, then you cannot expect to be able to operate a motor vehicle
successfully in the typical urban driving environment.

Ha! you and your ilk are always trying to keep people off the roads.
Hazing ritual is all this is.

Ah, stick it in your ear, you NPTI loser! You're just taking driving
One Step Closer To Extinction. Next thing you're going to do is paint
a big set of boobs on your car, so everyone will be looking at them,
instead of noticing the fact that you're double parked in a yellow zone!
Anyway, I had to do it, so everyone should!

HAH! ;^) What I do with my car is my own business!

I hold a Class B Commercial Driver's License, and to pass my road test,
I had to parallel park a 30-foot long bus. I passed my test on the first
attempt, with a perfect score. Any driver who can't park at least as well
as I can is nothing more than a lazy, unmotivated, dumbed-down whiner
who wants the world handed over to him or her on a silver platter, since
all they have to do is parallel park a Dodge Neon or something similar.
Of course, now that Toyota has eliminated the need for most drivers to
parallel park, they'll probably be sending PRM's to the DOT and, with
enough whining, will get the Parallel Parking test reduced or eliminated
in the next "restructuring" of the driver's test.

That's what NPTI is working toward. Why should people have to learn an
outdated skill like PP? Heck, the next thing you'll want is for people
to want to know how to drive a standard transmission or to know how to
use buggy whips. All you anachronistic types are just holding driving back.

Hey, I'll go one further than that. I think they should be tested in the
proper
procedures for changing a tyre on the highway under severe emergency
conditions.

I'm going to start a new organisation called PHISTS -- Parking Has
Important Status To Safety. We will encourage the use of Parallel
Parking by sponsoring awards programs for drivers who participate in
local parallel parking demonstration events. Attending 100 such events
will earn you your PHISTS Century Award. Other awards programs
will be announced in the future.

As far as I'm concerned, you NPTI/NPPTA whiners can go fly a kite.
You will never achieve the status of us Parallel Parking Tested drivers.
We're better than you, and we can prove it! You couldn't park a Prius
on a football field!

Oh yeah? Oh yeah? Oh yeah?

Izzat so??? Yeah, zat's so!!!

- Mike KB3EIA -

President of NPTI

Taking driving into the future

You mean, taking driving one step closer to extinction, Loser Putz.

Sure, sure, Larragh. The mighty Parkman runs out of arguments, so
starts the insults! ;^) ;^) ;^) ;^)

73 de Larry, CDL-B
President, PHISTS (Parking Has Important Status To Safety)

- Mike KB3EIA -

President, NPTI

Taking Driving into the future

Old September 5th 03, 02:08 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article om, "Dee D.
Flint" writes:

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
Hey, I'll go one further than that. I think they should be tested in the
proper
procedures for changing a tyre on the highway under severe emergency
conditions.

You spent too much time in England.

Dee:

Which of my behaviours would cause to say that, then?

When my tire

Is that something tired (i.e. lacking in sleep)?

goes flat on the highway,

That means you probably have a puncture.

I call for help.

With your Vodafone mobile, undoubtedly!

It's too dangerous to do this on the side of the road,
alone, at night, in the rain (Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh my). I
couldn't resist!

No problem. All you have to do is make sure you've pulled safely
off the motorway, put out your triangle, then collect the spare,
jack, and lever (pronounced "leever") from the car boot. Hopefully
your wheel nuts won't be corroded. Then, after replacing the flat
tyre with the spare, hopefully you won't be too knackered to
continue with your journey!

73 de Larry, K3LT
Ex: G0LYW
RAF Mildenhall, UK, 1989 - 1991

Old September 6th 03, 12:30 AM
Dee D. Flint

Flint" writes:

[...]

At one company I worked for we actually kept a cross-reference sheet of
English versus American terms for interpreting some of our customers
requirements. So at least I know to have a spanner handy for emergencies
like this.

Actually today I was pretty "knackered" just coping with the freeway traffic
here.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE

Old September 7th 03, 11:24 PM
Brian

Flint" writes:

[...]

Hey Dee, why not just mimeograph the list of Q-codes and and you would
have been perfect copy with whatever nationality you were doing
high-finance with. At least that's what the PCTA tries to pass off as
the truth.

Hi hi!
Old September 11th 03, 09:22 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

And you have my sympathy..... that is a scary proposition now a days,
especially in the Metro area!!!!!!!! Already licensed drivers are insane on
the roadways down there in the "flatlands" of Michigan, and add a kid with
limited experience, wow!

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE
(and parent of a newly licensed driver)

Old September 11th 03, 09:27 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Wow, there's at least one thing we are equal and agree upon Larry!!!!!

Ryan KC8PMX
MI-Chauffers and Emergency Vehicle Permit holder
Confirmed Parallel Parker And Proud!

Old September 11th 03, 09:30 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Yeah Larry, now with my back injury and the head injury I have now when I
fell out of my chair laughing so hard reading that, and hit my head, I look
like a war victim now!!!!!!!

Great Googely Moogely!!!

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

"Larry Roll K3LT" wrote in message
In article , Mike Coslo writes:

As far as I'm concerned, you NPTI/NPPTA whiners can go fly a kite.
You will never achieve the status of us Parallel Parking Tested

drivers.
We're better than you, and we can prove it! You couldn't park a Prius
on a football field!

HOWWWWLL! Great Ceasers Ghost Larry! I should have opened this one at
home! Now everyone wants to know what I am laughing hysterically about,
and they are getting to see a grown man cry. Thanks, I needed that!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Glad to oblige, Mike!

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old September 12th 03, 04:05 AM
Mike Coslo

Ryan, KC8PMX wrote:
How many cases are there where you can parallel park anyways, except for in
bigger cities??

For all that matter, I can always pay someone to paralell park if I
absolutely had to!

Ryan KC8PMX
Confirmed Parallel Parker and Proud! I had to learn, so do you!!!!!!

HAH! more of that hazing attitude! You PP'ers will be the ruination of
driving!

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 13th 03, 05:33 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

Yeah Larry, now with my back injury and the head injury I have now when I
fell out of my chair laughing so hard reading that, and hit my head, I look
like a war victim now!!!!!!!

Great Googely Moogely!!!

Ryan:

My most sincere apologies!

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old September 13th 03, 05:33 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

Wow, there's at least one thing we are equal and agree upon Larry!!!!!

Ryan KC8PMX
MI-Chauffers and Emergency Vehicle Permit holder
Confirmed Parallel Parker And Proud!

Ryan:

As one PP'er to another, it is an honor to know you! It's nice to know that
we're morally and intellectually superior to the dumbed-down, unwashed,
non-PP'ing hoardes of inferior drivers.

Michigan still has "Chauffeur's" licenses? Which class of CDL is that
equivalent to? Here in Delaware, I'm told that Emergency Vehicle
operators don't require anything more than a standard Class D Driver's
license. They do, however, have to be a card-carrying member of
the "Emergency Service" (usually a local volunteer FD) to which
the emergency vehicle is registered.

73 de Larry, K3LT