Old September 14th 03, 02:19 PM
charlesb

"Brian" wrote in message
om...

Just relax and enjoy the knowledge that there's another PPer in your
midsts.

I'd appreciate it if you PP'ers would use the restroom facilities instead of
doing it in our midst.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Old September 14th 03, 03:58 PM
Mike Coslo

charlesb wrote:
"Brian" wrote in message
om...

Just relax and enjoy the knowledge that there's another PPer in your
midsts.

I'd appreciate it if you PP'ers would use the restroom facilities instead of
doing it in our midst.

But PP'ers are so arrogant and superior minded that they think they can
PP wherever they want!

- Mike KB3EIA -

President, No Parallel Parking Test International

taking driving into the future

Old September 15th 03, 04:08 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "charlesb"
writes:

I'd appreciate it if you PP'ers would use the restroom facilities instead of
doing it in our midst.

Charles:

Now you've done it! This is sure to elicit yet another classic "ROTFLMAO"
from Kim!

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old September 15th 03, 08:50 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
Ryan, KC8PMX wrote:
How many cases are there where you can parallel park anyways, except for

in
bigger cities??

For all that matter, I can always pay someone to paralell park if I
absolutely had to!

True.... I can pay Sprint to provide my cell service too.... Or a different
angle, if you have a "monster truck" type of pickup, to hell with parallel
parking, just drive over/onto etc. your parking spot! HI HI

Ryan KC8PMX
Confirmed Parallel Parker and Proud! I had to learn, so do you!!!!!!

HAH! more of that hazing attitude! You PP'ers will be the ruination of
driving!

Hey... I had to learn it....

Ryan

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old September 15th 03, 09:13 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

Larry,

The heck with those anti-parallel parkers!!!!! Tell him that if he isn't a
Real Driver (tm), he is inferior. HI HI

--
Ryan, KC8PMX
FF1-FF2-MFR-(pending NREMT-B!)

Brian:

I'm very sorry about your inferiority complex, but I was just asking for
some information from Ryan about driver's licenses. This is not about
my "superiority" or anything else that you should be whining about --
unless you are having problems of your own. Care to talk about it?

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old September 17th 03, 04:00 AM
Larry Roll K3LT

In article , "Ryan, KC8PMX"
writes:

As one PP'er to another, it is an honor to know you! It's nice to know

that
we're morally and intellectually superior to the dumbed-down, unwashed,
non-PP'ing hoardes of inferior drivers.

Should we form an official club, pay some dues, wear a ton of
patches/buttons etc.?? lol

Ryan:

All of the above! I propose that we also have Parallel Parking contests
and sponsor awards programs. A person who PP's 100 times would
get the basic Century Award; then 500 PP's would qualify you for the
Silver PP Award, then Gold, then Platinum, then Diamond, etc. etc.
Naturally, we'll have the official club with dues, a Board of Directors,
Officers, Executive Committee meetings, a web site, and an entire
range of Official PP Club Men's and Ladie's wear.

Michigan still has "Chauffeur's" licenses? Which class of CDL is that
equivalent to? Here in Delaware, I'm told that Emergency Vehicle
operators don't require anything more than a standard Class D Driver's
license. They do, however, have to be a card-carrying member of
the "Emergency Service" (usually a local volunteer FD) to which
the emergency vehicle is registered.

The MI Chauffers is one step down from the National CDL thingy as I believe
if I remember correctly it allows you to drive any vehicle 25,999Lbs and
under, as well as tow any trailer under that same weight. For passenger
vehicles, up to 15, otherwise that would require the CDL-C if memory serves
correctly. It also is the same license that covers a "driver for hire" from
anything from a pizza or other delivery person, limo driver etc. I had a
CDL a while back but have not elected to get it again.

Michigan has a specific class, which entails a 6 hour classroom
instruction, a skills driving course (1-2 hours depending on the course,
instructor etc.) and 8 hours driving with your chief to qualify for the
permit. As long as you pass the requirements for this, you can drive
emergency vehicles under emergency and non-emergency official department
business within the state of Michigan. Exception would be if you are
transporting the vehicle across state lines such as if your department were
buying a used pumper from another department in a different state, that
would require a CDL license.......

OK, that's pretty much what I expected. I was just surprised to hear
the term "Chauffeur's License" used again! Thanks for the info.

73 de Larry, K3LT

Old September 17th 03, 04:11 AM
Ryan, KC8PMX

My apologies, I will grab a membership and initiation info from from Larry
and get ya sponsered in!

Ryan, KC8PMX
Parallel Parker and Proud

To heck with me???