RadioBanter

-   -   Happy Veterans Day (https://www.radiobanter.com/policy/27072-happy-veterans-day.html)

Dave Heil November 14th 03 06:51 PM

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

"charlesb" wrote in message y.com...
"Brian" wrote in message
om...

Concerning the "Bonus Army" of 1932, where veterans of The War to End
All Wars (1917/1918) were due a bonus in 1945, but wanted payment
early because they lost their homes in the Great Depression, Franklin
Roosevelt is to have said:

"Is to have said?" I would think that Roosevelt has pretty well said what
he is going to, by now!

Does FDR still talk to you?

That's very possible, but I was quoting someone elses research, so
have not verified that is what FDR actually said from a direct source.

But thanks for your interest.

Your first clue that the quote is not from Roosevelt is that he is
unlikely to have referred to himself as "President Roosevelt".

Dave, follow the link (i.e., point and click) in the "Armistice Day"
thread and read it yourself.

Good luck on that one now.

You posted it *here*. If you didn't copy it correctly, say so.
If you did copy it correctly, whoever posted it is likely in error.

Good luck has nothing to do with it. Just use your noggin.

Dave K8MN

Brian November 15th 03 02:07 AM

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Roosevelt is to have said:

"Is to have said?" I would think that Roosevelt has pretty well said what
he is going to, by now!

Does FDR still talk to you?

That's very possible, but I was quoting someone elses research, so
have not verified that is what FDR actually said from a direct source.

But thanks for your interest.

Your first clue that the quote is not from Roosevelt is that he is
unlikely to have referred to himself as "President Roosevelt".

Dave, follow the link (i.e., point and click) in the "Armistice Day"
thread and read it yourself.

Good luck on that one now.

You posted it *here*. If you didn't copy it correctly, say so.

Dave, you didn't read it correctly. Not my problem.

I say so.

If you did copy it correctly, whoever posted it is likely in error.

I copied it, I posted it.

"Likely" leaves room for your errors. I simply won't accept your
errors as mine.

Good luck has nothing to do with it. Just use your noggin.

Dave K8MN

Ditto.

Now go follow the link in the "Armistice Day" thread and quit bugging
me with your self-imposed stupidity.

Dave Heil November 15th 03 05:04 AM

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Roosevelt is to have said:

"Is to have said?" I would think that Roosevelt has pretty well said what
he is going to, by now!

Does FDR still talk to you?

That's very possible, but I was quoting someone elses research, so
have not verified that is what FDR actually said from a direct source.

But thanks for your interest.

Your first clue that the quote is not from Roosevelt is that he is
unlikely to have referred to himself as "President Roosevelt".

Dave, follow the link (i.e., point and click) in the "Armistice Day"
thread and read it yourself.

Good luck on that one now.

You posted it *here*. If you didn't copy it correctly, say so.

Dave, you didn't read it correctly. Not my problem.

I say so.

A quote of what you posted reveals otherwise:

"...Franklin
Roosevelt is to have said:

------------
In the end, some money was paid to veterans but not without further
difficulties. Within a year of the Bonus Army Incident, President
Roosevelt imposed the Economy Act of 1933 which cut veterans
disability allowances by 25%..."

If you did copy it correctly, whoever posted it is likely in error.

I copied it, I posted it.

....and, as revealed by the quote from your own post, you blew it.

"Likely" leaves room for your errors. I simply won't accept your
errors as mine.

....since you have plenty of your own to worry about.

Good luck has nothing to do with it. Just use your noggin.

Ditto.

Now go follow the link in the "Armistice Day" thread and quit bugging
me with your self-imposed stupidity.

I'm not the individual who bungled copying material from a web page.

Dave K8MN

Steve Robeson, K4CAP November 15th 03 11:07 AM

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Now go follow the link in the "Armistice Day" thread and quit bugging
me with your self-imposed stupidity.

I'm not the individual who bungled copying material from a web page.

Whew!...I thouhgt I was the only one who appreciated Brain's
unique posting habits ! ! ! !

73

Steve, K4YZ

Brian November 15th 03 01:26 PM

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Roosevelt is to have said:

------------
In the end, some money was paid to veterans but not without further
difficulties. Within a year of the Bonus Army Incident, President
Roosevelt imposed the Economy Act of 1933 which cut veterans
disability allowances by 25%..."

If you did copy it correctly, whoever posted it is likely in error.

I copied it, I posted it.

...and, as revealed by the quote from your own post, you blew it.

"Likely" leaves room for your errors. I simply won't accept your
errors as mine.

...since you have plenty of your own to worry about.

Good luck has nothing to do with it. Just use your noggin.

Ditto.

Now go follow the link in the "Armistice Day" thread and quit bugging
me with your self-imposed stupidity.

I'm not the individual who bungled copying material from a web page.

Dave K8MN

Dave, you're hopeless.

If you should ever have something of interest, which is almost never,
please get back with me.

If not, just keep it to yourself - please.

Thanks, Brian

Brian November 15th 03 11:50 PM

(Steve Robeson, K4CAP) wrote in message . com...
Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Now go follow the link in the "Armistice Day" thread and quit bugging
me with your self-imposed stupidity.

I'm not the individual who bungled copying material from a web page.

Whew!...I thouhgt I was the only one who appreciated Brain's
unique posting habits ! ! ! !

73

Steve, K4YZ

I hope you aren't stalking me.

Steve Robeson, K4CAP November 16th 03 05:43 AM

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Now go follow the link in the "Armistice Day" thread and quit bugging
me with your self-imposed stupidity.

I'm not the individual who bungled copying material from a web page.

Whew!...I thouhgt I was the only one who appreciated Brain's
unique posting habits ! ! ! !

73

Steve, K4YZ

I hope you aren't stalking me.

If I do, I'll just need to follow the little slime trail in the
sand, Brain...No problem...

Steve, K4YZ

Brian November 17th 03 11:32 PM

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Now go follow the link in the "Armistice Day" thread and quit bugging
me with your self-imposed stupidity.

I'm not the individual who bungled copying material from a web page.

Whew!...I thouhgt I was the only one who appreciated Brain's
unique posting habits ! ! ! !

73

Steve, K4YZ

I hope you aren't stalking me.

If I do, I'll just need to follow the little slime trail in the
sand, Brain...No problem...

Steve, K4YZ

Stebe, you could try standing up on your hind legs, like a man, and
make your crappy little comments directly to me. And for what its
worth, no one appreciates your unique posting habits. No one. Nada.
Zip. Zed. Zero.

Don't believe me? Just ask.

didit?

Dave Heil November 18th 03 01:58 AM

Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Dave Heil wrote in message ...
Brian wrote:

Roosevelt is to have said:

------------
In the end, some money was paid to veterans but not without further
difficulties. Within a year of the Bonus Army Incident, President
Roosevelt imposed the Economy Act of 1933 which cut veterans
disability allowances by 25%..."

If you did copy it correctly, whoever posted it is likely in error.

I copied it, I posted it.

...and, as revealed by the quote from your own post, you blew it.

"Likely" leaves room for your errors. I simply won't accept your
errors as mine.

...since you have plenty of your own to worry about.

Good luck has nothing to do with it. Just use your noggin.

Ditto.

Now go follow the link in the "Armistice Day" thread and quit bugging
me with your self-imposed stupidity.

I'm not the individual who bungled copying material from a web page.

Dave, you're hopeless.

How does your posting of an incorrect bit of information make me
hopeless?

If you should ever have something of interest, which is almost never,
please get back with me.

I have numerous items of interest, Brian. I'm not sure that they'd be
of interest to you or that you'd understand them.

If not, just keep it to yourself - please.

You've never come up with a straight answer for an explanation about
Frankline Roosevelt referring to himself as "President Roosevelt".

Dave K8MN

KØHB November 18th 03 02:31 AM

"Brian" wrote

Stebe, you could try standing up on your hind legs, like a man, and
make your crappy little comments directly to me. And for what its
worth, no one appreciates your unique posting habits. No one. Nada.
Zip. Zed. Zero.

Sunuvagun!!!

That makes you two guys exactly even!

With all kind wishes,